Why can't I shoot the arrows I make?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Reagar, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Reagar New Member

I haven't played in a few years, but I used to make my own arrows and then would be able to shoot them, with a range up to 150/175. Now when I make them they seem to have a range of 5 to 50 and when I try to shoot them it states that I'm out of ammo. Anyway have any insight into what has happened? Thanks
  2. AB_H'Sishi Augur

You have to have a bow in your Range slot and one of the arrows in the Ammo slot. This slot will get refilled unless you run out of *the type of arrows you put in*. Then you'll get the "Out of Ammo" message again.

The bow won't just pick an arrow from inventory, to prevent accidential useage of possible quest-important types. You have to do such a mistake by your own ;) .
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

You can also use the "bandolier" to quickly swap arrow types for specific uses (i.e. there are spells 85+ that require a specific type of arrow). If you haven't used the bandolier before, 'b' (by default) will open it. Equip the weapon slots + ammo that you want, then "add" to save that arrangement. You have to manually update your bandolier set ups when you get an upgrade. Bandolier swapping can be included in a macro, too. (ex. /bandolier activate Dagger).
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have never used the bandolier for my Ranger. :)

As soon as he got Endless arrow AA then I put 1 Ancient Arrows in ammo and they never run out. Or any arrow you want in ammo really. But that one is the best in the game so it should be your default arrow. You can buy it in baz sometimes or make it your self.

Really the only other arrows needed as regents are 50 range CLASS 3 Wood Silver Tip and that's not till 85 or so but it will use them from your quiver so you don't have to do all that swapping or bandoliering (I don't think that is a word)

Best quiver to make or buy is Fleeting Quiver. But the quiver does take up an inventory slot (usually top left) so that is prob why some go with the Bandolier.

Then make a social/hot button and name it autofire. Put /autofire on first line. Hit it once, autofire is on, hit it again autofire is off.
  5. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

There are many things wrong with this post.
    The best quiver in the game is the Prescient Fleeting Quiver
    https://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=33976&menustr=035000000000

Quivers are CRITICAL ranger gear. Quivers provide a delay reduction to bows equal to 1/3rd their Weight Reduction. (So Prescient Fleeting Quiver reduces delay 30%) They really have nothing to do with Bandoliers.

That said, No class should be without bandoliers ESPECIALLY a utility class like rangers.
    I use all my slots:

a) 2 Hammers (For heals/& sympathetic heals if I'm healing)
    b) Earthcaller+Shield for when I need to slow something I'm tanking
    c) Fabled Journeyman's Walking Stick+Darkened Journeyman's Walking Stick (Malo+Tash procs)
    d) 2hB with a sympathetic Proc aug for when I'm DPS burning on raids
    e) 2hs with melee proc for when I am using a melee burn or in a situation where bow is impractical
    f) No weapons at all for when I was doing Avatar of War raid
    g) Shield+Darkened Cone of Mystics for zero damage tanking

Imbued Ferocity+ C ->B is a Malo+Tash+Slow in under 2 seconds if you know what you're doing.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I will give you that I did an oops and left out Prescient on my Quiver name

Other than that there is no right or wrong ways- just different ways.

I really wish posters could just say Hey here is something else or here is another option to think about instead of saying that another poster's post is the wrong way. Offer options without denouncing the other poster.

This is why these forums spiral down into toxicity.
    minimind likes this.
  7. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

When my ranger has the Class 3 Wood Silver Tip in the quiver but not in the ammo slot I will get the "missing component" message when using the spells specifying the arrow which is why I have a macro for those spells swapping the ammo slot before and after casting.

My ranger currently has a Fleeting (from YEARS ago), not Prescient yet 'cause of the cost/availability of one of the components and I keep forgetting to go look for it again 'cause my ranger isn't my 'main' now though she was back when I was playing originally. I only started playing her again at all mid last year and was thrilled when she got to 65, the level max when I was playing her long ago. My ranger is 95 now but I much prefer bard ;)

As for bandoliers, for any class that might swap weapons situationally (or for skilling up a weapon type), it's FAB. But, it sucks when you upgrade gear and forget to update your bandolier and your attack macro leads with a bandolier swap and the old gear is in the bank. Bandolier is also good with clicky weapon slot thingies and a macro.

For a ranger, /autofire is the greatest thing since slice bread.
    Shanarias likes this.