Mean Streets - No You Don't - Group

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Grau, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Grau Elder

Has anyone been able to do this in the group mission? We had assumed that you had to kill the illusions that spawn but the amount of tanking, healing, and splitting the group up, and leashing/reset... it just doesn't seem possible?
  2. Tucoh Augur

I think this achievement is bugged and I honestly don't know how I got it. I certainly never did what the achievement "Don't let Jakarashev shift to any of his scatter illusions." indicates. I think they nerfed the HP of the illusions in the last hotfix but I don't think they nerfed it hard enough to make it feasible for most groups.
  3. Zarkdon Augur

We got it over the weekend twice so it's possible, but it takes an ungodly amount of DPS and some luck.

Jak had to be in the camp behind the arena to prevent tigers from aggroing the DPS group and to prevent back tracking. The dps group has to be able to ignore the AE call out. Using a bard 2 mages and a druid We had only a few seconds to spare before he would warp.
  4. Cadman Elder

Technically, it was bugged at inception and gave you the achievement regardless of what you did.

Since they fixed Jake regenerating to full health every time, it no longer does
  5. Tucoh Augur

Cool. Now I kind of want to get this achievement legitimately. How much HP do the illusions have? I've got three mages to knock each of them out.
    Cadman likes this.
  6. Razorfall Augur

Pretty much, at least with the current time limit.

Waste No Effort seems to have some issues too, but they benefit the player. We have gotten this achievement after killing the first two sets of illusions, but at 7% he spawns one more set. I don't know if it's due to a delay in the illusions spawning or what, but we haven't been able to accomplish killing this last set before him dying (dot damage and swarm pets usually kill him off before we can pull them in). We still get the achievment though. /shrug

It makes me wonder if it's rewarding Waste No Effort instead of No You Don't, and you're supposed to get Waste No Effort for killing the fake Jaks before harming the real Jak.

Edit: Maybe that last set hast to die as well for No You Don't?
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

8. Razorfall Augur

Fenthen likes this.
  9. Rylak Elder

We did this sucsessfully yesterday. Killed the 3x set that pops ~35% before he ported and also the next 3x set that spawns ~15%.

Need some DPS and also recommend having someone that can slow bane with the illusion DPS group in the case you get jumped by a tiger.

Also should mention , when Jakarashev was dead we did agro an illusion on the way to open the chest. Technically that set shouldn't even spawn, but we killed it. Maybe it needs to see one illusion die from that 0% set too?
  10. Cadman Elder

They seem to have been reduced at the same time, from a ludicrous 250 million, down to about 35 million. But you still only have 100 seconds from his Scatter emote, to get them dead.
  11. Tucoh Augur

One thing that is not only useful but also really cathartic is recording videos of fights so you can replay them back to see either bugged events or mistakes you made. I did this when i was learning cut off the head and it helped me strategize around the uhm, "features" in the event. And when you make a new bug report with video evidence it won't be so easy to close after the QA team runs through with invuln chars using death touch or whatever they do.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Hmmm. If he scattered only once this would be a much more approachable fight since most classes can kill a 35m hp mob solo with cooldowns. Should still be pretty easy for me though with three mages.
  13. Razorfall Augur

I might do that if I get a chance to run it this week.
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

Did this one last night just to see. We left the warrior and cleric at the boss and then myself (monk), wiz, druid, and ranger came along to kill the illusions. The hitpoints are a lot less then they were when this first came out and we had no issues killing them at 35 and 20. Didnt bother with them at the end and got a successful message for the achieve. I didnt have trouble tanking the illusions on the monk at all for what its worth.
    Oh one more thing when they were dead at 35 we just stayed at the last spot we killed illusions at and just waited for the warrior to get him to 20 to save some time running around. Good luck!
    Knifen likes this.
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

You had no problems. You are raid geared.

We need to keep in mind that these are group missions, so if raiders are barely able to do it in time, there is no chance a group of geared players will be able to do it.
    Alena, Fenthen and Windance like this.
  16. Axxius Augur

There was no 'barely' when we did it. We killed the illusions with a lot of time to spare. It should be possible for group geared players as well. As long as you have a group of real people, not mercs or boxed alts.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

Hey I've got stuff to get done, stop trying to coerce me into doing this achievment.

Besides, at 35m HP there's really no doubt group geared players can do it. It's more of a coordination and group makeup fight than anything.
  18. Razorfall Augur

Still no luck here, but it's mostly because the illusions are pathing wonky and getting stuck so we can't make the time limit.
  19. Tucoh Augur

What's your group makeup? I would only try pulling them if necessary.
  20. Axxius Augur

Pathing?? Just run and kill them.

Group:
    - any 1 tank
    - any 1 healer
    - a Paladin or a 2nd healer
    - 3 DPS

At 37% leave the main tank and 1 healer with Jakarashev, the rest of the group move to another spot. Wait for the tank to get it to 35% to spawn the illusions, including one right at your spot. Kill it, run to the other 2 spots and kill those too. Come back and DPS Jakarashev to 22% and do the same thing again. Then kill Jakarashev dead, ignore the last illusions that spawn at 5%.
    Swiss, Thunderkiks and Svann2 like this.