Firefall type 7 augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by alanus, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think they dont want you to get everything because then what do you do with the rest of the year.
    Arcolin likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

This has been the case for the past 3 years, as they keep making missions for T2 zones only. ToV had 2 T1 missions, so Griklor and Great Divide could cough up the T1 augs.
    Laurana, Cadira and alanus like this.
  3. Dantius New Member

Another very bad design choice.
    alanus likes this.
  4. FYAD Augur

Raid... the answer is always raid. Content doesn't need to be artificially slowed down to keep people playing. Stuff like this drives people away from the game, not keep them interested.
    alanus likes this.
  5. alanus Augur

Raid, do older content, etc...
    I'd much rather be doing that than killing the same named in Firefall over 100 times for a chance at an aug.
    Straahdx and Allayna like this.
  6. Dalrek_MM Elder

Rumor says that the info on PH for Fowl Matriarch on EQresource is wrong and this is why people are rarely seeing it. Cause they killing wrong PHs

We are going for it tonight - so hope to be wiser soon

Other than that, seems to be Firefalllizard, Rock Lobber and Diabo all spawn quite frequently. (didnt really camp others) And I love that you can sell the type 5 back to vendor for 350 currency if you get for example STR one

I dont know if 1 in 10 for type 7 is too rare or not. We are not meant to have all augs already by now are we?
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Jovial Jharin Jingle drops in Shadeweavers as well.
  8. Miminona New Member

We got the Smoldering Core of Radir off of Commander Esline in Shadeweaver's Tangle.
  9. Zolav Augur

EVER-QUEST.. am I the only one that understands this? lol

People have been too spoiled, you don't have the time to farm what you want? Then you do not get it. Seems like a great design to me. It is good to have things be rare and harder to obtain. You don't always get what you want without a little elbow grease.
    Arcolin and Kaenneth like this.
  10. alanus Augur

I've killed over 100 tier 1 named now and haven't seen it. There's tedious and then there's "you need to take a month off of work to kill named straight to see this" tedious, which is only going to cause people to burn out and quit.
    Barraind, Straahdx and Velisaris_MS like this.
  11. Zarkdon Augur

And this attitude is why EQ lost to WoW. It shouldn't take a year of camping a mob to get 4 augs. This is why people have alts.
  12. Zolav Augur

Boohoo? lol
  13. robber baron Journeyman

Arcolin, Svann2 and Zolav like this.
  14. Allayna Augur

It isn't enjoyable gameplay imo to stay stationery in one spot and pull for hours, to see maybe 4 - 6 named and zero augs.

I have had off of work for the past 6 weeks, so all of the launch and have put significant time daily into grinding and specifically hunting these augs. I also box. Because in this insane rarity, I'd hate to see the nice dex aug drop and then lose that roll.
    alanus likes this.
  15. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Devs are fixing the HP on ST PHs so I am hopeful the augs will be more frequent drops in that zone by the amount of PHs that can be kept down.
  16. alanus Augur

If the drop rate is like Firefall, it won't matter. I've killed over 100 named in FF + Shadeweaver and seen the following drops:
    Radir: 0
    Jingle: 1
    Kaas: 2
    Tegi: 6

Needless to say, this camp has absolutely killed my enjoyment of the game. Sitting in one camp, killing same named after same named, day after day, is anything but enjoyable. And now the fact I've sent so much time on it means I don't want to give up but is absolutely burning me out.
    Szilent and Allayna like this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

I was just about adjusted to assuming Id never get these T1 type 7's, but then today was xping and helping someone with firefall hunter and one of the two I have on my wish list dropped. And considering how slowly the cloak is leveling Ill probably get the last one before I finish that. 6% till Eclipsed. After that its going to be glacier slow.
  18. daBlubb Elder

The System could be fun if all nameds in the expansion would have a small chance to drop the augments and otherworldy focus of heroism and fortitude, not just some selected rares.
    Additionaly a very small chance, like 0.5%, that you get an slot 5 augment from all rares (mission coin reward) would have been nice.
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Petalonyx Augur

This. You'll need to grind for cloak anyway. Glad there are many options instead of a couple perma camped named like there was in CoV. It took me over 2 months of checking one camp across 2-4 pickzones daily to finally get a shot at Patletlith's skill because it was camped so aggressively on my server.
  20. Dantius New Member

Any ETA on a change from Daybreak on this? Burnout is rapidly approaching and with that comes cancelled subs...
    Fenthen, Straahdx and alanus like this.