Lucent Cloak of the Selenelion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Windance Augur

Does anyone have information for which evolution steps are required for the cloak(s)?

I have not been able to dig up any information yet on order in which the achievements are needed.

Its also a bit odd that you can "claim reward" for the next level even if you don't meet the requirements for the next cloak.

If I had to guess the order is likely:

0. Explorer - I don't think this is a 'level' for cloak
    1. Champion - all partisan / merc quests
    2. Paragon - all missions
    3. Challenger - all mission cheeze **
    4. Slayer - all names killed **
    5. Seeker - all collects **
    6. Conqueror - all raids
    7. Vanquisher - all raid cheeze

This is purely speculation on my part and the order of challenger / slayer / seeker are unlikely to be correct.
  2. Riou EQResource

Champion -> Paragon -> Challenger -> Slayer
  3. Sancus Augur

Just to add on to Riou's list for clarity:

Cloak 1 = Dropped (no ach req)
    Cloak 2 = Champion
    Cloak 3 = Paragon
    Cloak 4 = Challenger
    Cloak 5 = Hunter (all named)
    Cloak 6 = ? (not collections)
    Cloak 7 = ?

The remaining achievements are Conquerer, Vanquisher, and Scavenger, and we know Cloak 6 is not currently unlockable (meaning it requires raids).

We won't know for sure until March, but I think it is likely that 6 requires Conqueror and 7 either requires Vanquisher or Vanquisher + Scavenger.
    Cyphren likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

What aug slots does Cloak 5 have? 2x Type 18 and 1x Type 19?
  5. Sancus Augur

Yes.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Personally I hope they go the route of the ToV evolving and not the TBL one, so it requires a raid drop and not Vanquisher :p
    Yinla and Toukan like this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If that's the case, I think it stinks. I'm fine with raiders getting an extra rank or two on an evolving item, but it's a slap in the face to have collections (if that is one of the last steps) locked behind steps needing raids. Put scavenger ahead of the steps needing raids.
    Laurana, Flatchy, Zunnoab and 2 others like this.
  8. Sancus Augur

Would you be happier if Scavenger wasn't required at all (which is probably more likely)?

Either way rank 6/7 are raid ranks ("an extra rank or two"); the only thing that's up in the air is exactly what raiders have to complete to acquire them.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Actually, yes.
  10. Rylak Elder

It's being assumed that both 6 & 7 are tied to raids. I guess this is probably the case, but I don't think you can completely dismiss that the 6th evolve could be tied to Scavenger and is currently broken.

I'm just somewhat skeptical that Vanquisher plays into this. They already have an amazing Type 5 tied into Vanquisher. The cloak would be redundant.

Time will tell....
  11. Tucoh Augur

Why?

As a non raider who is almost done with collector I'm happy to see raiders to through as many hoops as possible and am happy to sell collections to them.

If comlector is required I look forward to selling these collection items to y'alls third raid geared alt come summertime.
    Andarriel likes this.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Finally we find the use for Key of Trauma!
    Knifen, Axxius, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  13. Spacemonkey555 Augur

You're right, we should make sure the raid stuff stays raid and group stuff stays group, so the raid focus shouldn't happen on the cloak until after the raid achievements. :rolleyes:
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

In an ideal situation, rank 6 would require Conqueror or Scavenger, but not both, allowing both groupers and raiders a direct path to obtaining level 6. Level 7 would require vanquisher.
  15. Cicelee Augur

I see it both ways to be honest. As someone mentioned before, Vanquisher gives a best in slot type 5 which is probably usable for years to come. Having it also give the final rank of the cloak seems a bit much.

However, it is also weird to have step 6 be (presumably) Conqueror which is obtained with 54 people and then have the final rank be something that is essentially a solo thing. Then again, it probably takes raiders longer to get Scavenger than it does Vanquisher, and they also have Champion as the first requirement before Paragon (which takes an hour if that)... so who knows?

If it is Scavenger, then I foresee a lot of fully evolved cloaks happening on the first day of new expansion when you can Overseer what you are missing. I hope it is just something that you loot off the last raid, like the heart or whatever it was for the earring...
  16. MmmmBop Wise Troll

I hope scavenger isn't required... one thing that is common to all ranks is that multiple people (groups or raids) need to work together to complete each of the known achievements. Scavenger is just a person running around for half of the work and can be as simple as /bazaar or waiting on overseer to complete. Not to mention, it's probably the least entertaining of any achievement to get... Hunters this year are giving it a run for the money though!
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've got what I can find out here: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Cloaks_of_the_Selenelion

Any further information and corrections would be appreciated. You can edit the article directly or let me know and I will do so.

Also, screenshots of the (unauged) cloaks would be appreciated so I can add them to the images there. Screenshots should show the entire item, including the focus effects, although at this point I'm pretty sure it is Enduring Tenacity until Obscured (4) when it becomes Everlasting Diligence.

Thank you.
    Ozon, Nennius, Marton and 2 others like this.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I forgot to give an email address that images can be sent to: fanra@fanra.info
    Yinla, Nennius and Svann2 like this.
  19. Ashigaru Augur

Has the somewhat odd order been confirmed as intentional, or has it been done in error? It does seem odd to require raids before collectors

Fair few issues with NOS, hoping this might be one of them
  20. alanus Augur

We don't even know if the collections are required at all beyond the 5th cloak
    Jondalar, Swiss and Sancus like this.