Heroic Statistics - Idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maym_Cazic, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Maym_Cazic Journeyman

Sancus floated the idea of updated heroic stats in the Type 18 ToS thread to allow players to make meaningful choices in itemization with regards to their play style or even in terms of min/maxing. This got me to thinking what that my look like.

hSTR - + melee damage
    hSTA - + hp
    hINT - + spell damage
    hDEX - +ATK
    hAGI - +melee defense (parry / block / dodge)
    hWIS - +heal amount
    hCHA - better resist modifiers on spells

What would other players think would be good choices?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If anything it should be based on class and int/wis would boost both spell damage and healing based on which stat was used by your class with the same for other stats as well. They currently put stats on items based on the usefulness for the classes that can use those items which would impact this idea.

As an example none of the priest weapons in NoS have hWis or hDex and other classes can see the same with some stats on their gear.
    Vumad likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Tucoh's guide to stat redesign that adds meaningful stat choices while reducing lag:
    • Something like what Maym posted (with Waring's wiz/int modification)
    • Add a stackable melee damage stat (probably using whatever hSTR does)
    • Replace almost all spell/melee procs in the game, keeping weapon procs and very few spell buffs with the +melee damage, +heal amount, +spell damage stats
    • Heavily reduce the amount of haste, flurry, triple attack and replace that stat with +melee damage buffs to give fewer and more damaging hits
    • Move toward more focused heroic stat augs, ex: instead of the vendor NoS hDex aug having 103 hDex and ~40 other stats, it's 103 hDex and ~10 other stats. Or 0 other stats
    • Reduce the amount of heroic stats on gear to give more focus on the type 5 augs
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Heroic Stats seem like an afterthought of design, sadly. Hdex is king, and it shouldn't be for almost all melee. Shouldn't a berserker invest in hstr, thematically, by far?
  5. Nightops Augur

Same idea, but with regular items too please.

We don't need to see 3 items per slot with the only difference being 55 hps and +2 heroic to some stat. Please please PLEASE start making gear which is different or more in line with the class its designed for.

Once you have a difference between the items, it's then up to the players to decide what is important to them.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I would make hCHA boost pets, and maybe also mercs.

or heck, maybe give a boost to your whole group.
  7. Roxas MM Augur

but basically you want to go back to class only drops ( or archtype only drops ).
    can i remind you of the very weird choices for stats class only items and armor had back when it was common? and i am not thinking about only classic, but even up to TSS we had class only drops and later on we had preferred classes on armor which made hardly any sense as well.
    i do agree with Tucoh that we should move away from more procs and higher attack speeds and go the direction of bigger damage instead though, but lets not take it too far.
  8. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Plans that rely on devs editing 6+ expansions worth of gear and then retuning the expansions are probably a no go. Plans that rely on radically changing the value of everyone’s augs and gear after they spent a year farming it are probably a no go.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Yeah all my ideas are for the next expansion and level increase.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Both Hint and Hwis should have their mana regen regardless of arch type. Spell casting cost has inflated like real life costing $6 for a dozen eggs, yet mana regen has fallen behind and any we do receive is hidden by achievements or raid ring clickies.

As to Sancus having inspired this post by asking for Heroics to matter for casters, this would go a long ways to having at least 2 stats actually matter. #dresswearersmatter2023