NoS merc/part

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Twest, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Twest Apprentice

NoS mob kills are on par with previous expansions. But whoever decided that for progression we need to Run all over NoS to complete task needs their nuts crunched in a vice, Running around that much does not take skill. It's neither fun nor challenging. It is irritating, If merc and partisan are in a specified zone please leave ALL the updates in that zone.
    FYAD likes this.
  2. FawnTemplar Augur

If you have a porter in group, we found it to be quite useful to have your porter bind Shadow Haven at the PD zoneline. Cut a lot of our time of running down.
  3. Kalamos Augur

And if the individual who designed the content does not possess said nuts, what then?
  4. Petalonyx Augur

I thought the running was on par with some of the other recent expansions. Mages, druids, wizards, and campfires can all help a good amount.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

I box and can campfire, druid port and CoH, so it wasn't that bad for me. I also looked ahead on EQResource and planned my trips through PD so I was pretty efficient.

In ToL, I did Bloodfalls partisan a lot of times to help people get through it. It being a harder zone and locked, so people staggered into it, I could help them 1 or 2 at a time. I found this very rewarding, and they found it helpful.

Unfortunately, with the way a number of quests in NoS are designed, I have almost zero interest in helping people with partisan. This is not because I am a boxer and am selfish. I helped a lot in ToL. However, many people struggle, even with basic directions, and they get lost easily, etc. NoS, especially PD, is about a worst case scenario for people who need help completing tasks. It can easily take a group hours of no XP to help someone complete these tasks.

Yes, I will still help people, but I can say that most of the time my response will be that they need to have all the hails done before I take them. Even then, the Big mushroom task which has multiple steps which can't be soloed, will be troublesome.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Everquest used to have quests that took you all over the place. It was neat.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Evye Augur

I hate how exclusive most of the partisans are.
    This is a group game.
    Non group friendly partisan tasks help kill grouping in a game that should be all about grouping.
    Nennius likes this.