Mean Streets - Shar Vahl, Divided Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tucoh, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Aumnaydar New Member

So I tried this using the video solution and here is what I ran into. Also note that his was after the emergency patch on 12/08/22.

I checked where the real one as at - he was at spot 2. Seemed like a bad spot but I had a druid so I figured position for 3 and 4 - kill the fakes per video and then exodus back to bridge to get 1 & 2. So I cleared out spot 3 & 4. After killing the thugs I notice the fakes would summon on pull - I don't think this was an issue in the video. It may be that I also had damage shields on so not sure on the summoning but this summoning caused issues with 1 & 2.

After clearing out the 3 & 4 fakes I had my bard go check for 1 & 2 before succoring to the bridge because I got the message of a switch on the screen. Somehow I got aggro from 2 and the thugs followed the bard back while the real one which was still at spot 2 leashed back. I thought no problem... let him leash and kill the thugs. I killed them and went back to check spot 2 and the Jake (real one) was gone. There was nothing there. So I went to check spot 1 and saw the fake with 2 thugs...

Once again I accidently aggro'd - had two thugs and TWO JAKES... tried to leash the jakes and pull the last two thugs but bard got summoned and squished. I had druid use Eye of Zoom to check the spots. I then realized that the Jake from spot 2 which is the real Jake leashed to Spot 1 and was on top of the fake Jake. Spot 1 also had the thugs. So if you got close enough to aggro then you got the 2 thugs, the fake Jake and the real Jake which summoned when trying to leash. With two jakes, no one to DA it was to hard to try to pull.

Also to note. There didn't seem to be a time limit but if you aggro'd the real jake and died. While recovering the real jake would auto-summon tigers at where ever his spot was. So if you took a long time to recover went to pull the real jake you'd end up with 5+ tigers as well...
  2. Truklin Elder

Noticed tonight that when the Jak's swap places its possible to bug out and only one of them move.. leaving 2 in 1 spot. Didnt try to recreate but it seemed to have to do with the real one moving locations and the fake one it was going to swap with staying at the same spot.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  3. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

I was able to finally 2 box this mission last night with a paladin and ranger, Yes ranger epic will work for slow. Would have much rather to have used sk (but he's on another server atm). On one of my learning tries I got like 8 tigers. However, with imbued ferocity i was able to get rid of them quickly while my paladin stood there with deflection running. All in all, probably my least favorite mission to do and will probably not farm it unless I can get someone to slow. I thought stun would depop tigers but it did not.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

Rogue slow poisons work on despawning fake thugs and tigers.
    Silvena likes this.
  5. code-zero Augur

Sounds like a job for Bard AoE slow songs
    Svann2 and Sissruukk like this.
  6. Gialana Augur

If the tank has crippling slicer on their belt, it will also bane the tigers and one of each group of 2 thugs, but that can take a few rounds to proc.
  7. Ouklaol New Member

soloed this 2 nights ago as a sk its hard but doable no boxes no mercs no nothing cept me myself and my sk only :)
    Tucoh likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Nice work. You do anything special during the first phase with Jak to reduce incoming damage from the mirages / tigers, etc?
  9. Ouklaol New Member

i just merely killed adds first leashed images and then killed fake ones, after that was done i moved the real one, used slow hammer on tiger adds which killed the small tigers and let his images that he spawned poof by themselfes, they remove themselfes after being up for a while, i have to say its important you get correct spawn order for jaka first you cant have him spawning in the wrong spot otherwise its going to be extremely hard to do..
    that said when he does his illusion crap i merely just waited for him to poof and found his correct spawn spot and just ran past other images and used deaths effigy to get past them and shadowstep if i needed to get past a spot he wasnt in it took me 4 tryes to get right did die a couple of times attempting it Also important note here, the Real one will summon your as soon as you get close to him so that helps alot too :) ... its Not at all as easy as you might think it was but it is doable i could go in an exstensive write up about it but that defeats the purpose imho but should make it easier for some other sk's as crazy as me to have an idea of what to do :D
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Ouklaol New Member

and just to make it clear if you do not get named in position 4, it will make it unlikely that you would get an easy run so just reset mission and retry it til you get him in the correct spot which should be 4 always,
    All his fake buddie friends at 1-2-3 respectively will only summon if damaged so you had to have damage shield on or something that caused them to take damage and they do have a rather large aggro radius once you begin you can get aggro from spot 1 and 2 if your standing at npc we had a bard in a group when we did it a couple of days ago that got aggro from said spots if he just even Moved a little from npc that starts mission so be aware of what spots he is in relatively easy to figure that one out before you start the mission since you can see which one is the fake and which one is the real one to begin with i always restart mission if it isnt in spot 4 since it can make it annoying to do if it isnt
    particulary to due with the fact that you can aggro iether spot 1 or 2 and that is Highly likely that you will get em on you just by being there. From zone in at npc without even moving and if unlucky you get both those images + the 2 adds...images can leash adds do not and that can really mess up some normal group geared folks with the adds and their 150k dot that last for 1 minute, 12 curse counters isnt much but it still sucks to get that dot on you repeatedly if you just cured it with items or aa :D:rolleyes:
  11. Duder Augur

The full regen claim that it is not possible for most groups is completely off. I have done this with group geared ONLY characters without a hitch, prior to the hotfix. The teleporting and summoning is whats truly the most damaging to any group, raid or group geared.

Beyond this, the mission with the hp locking and lack of clarity of what is actually going on is an absolute and complete mess. Other camps aggroing without line of sight or spells in range to hit them, the numerous bugs based on which order you engage/kill things. Its a true crap show of terrible design. I highly suggest spending some real time and fixing the absolutely terrible design and code work that went into this mission. As well as have an ACTUALY qualified Quality Assurance team confirm its flawless function before releasing the fix. I dont know your involvement in QA, but Daybreak/Darkpaw's QA team is an obvious facade that is severely lacking in qualification, experience, and design. It's a travesty. Comparably, I'd say its worse than BP-Oil's QA team. (Which if you are uninformed, their measure of QA would be measured in lives lost and evironmental damage. Daybreaks would be measured in broken content and upset customers)
  12. Tucoh Augur

This is a bit overdramatic. The concept of a mission with a mob that has illusions you need to carefully deal with in order to avoid getting beaten by his thugs or outsmarted is fine. The bugs in the current implementation actually do quite a bit to unintentionally satisfy that objective. The mission would, overall, be improved if these bugs were fixed but it's not a travesty for a newly released expansion.
  13. Duder Augur

I understand the mission. I should have mentioned in retrospect that in terms of *average* players, the missions makes no sense and has no methodical order. I have had zero issues completing it. Regardless, every single run is a different cluster f of different occurrences. If any of you think this is release worthy content, I implore you, find a profession as a high-end Quality Assurance Director and then let me know what you think.
  14. Alnitak Augur

This mission is full of bugs. Yesterday, after a few tries our group has completed the achievement. Everything went as planned until the first port at 22%. Suddenly we had to fight the real Jac with "an illusion" add, which was red-con and had the real HP and dps.
    Well, we dispatched that "an illusion" and kept beating on real Jac until it ported at 7%. We followed and killed him. And while we ran toward the chest 2 more vah shir "an illusion" mobs ganged up on us.
    Yes, we've won, but what the f was that? Jac was dead already, the chest was up and 2 more "an illusion" trash? Which aggroed on us after the real Jac was already dead?

And whos idea was to put a short 30-40 re-engage timer to reset this mission after real Jac ports to an unannounced location in a city, which is designed to be a real labyrinth? It's been a trend lately to turn EQ into a Super-Mario arcade. This part I strongly dislike. Missions should be designed to be event-driven, not timer-based adrenalin rush arcades. Let's play chess, not a boxing match.
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

The reset timer is definitely waaaaay too short, especially if you get a bad starting spawn setup.
    MageGuy and Allayna like this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

I think the difference in our positions is that you view EQ as a game that should have a high-end QA director that directs a QA team to validate expansion releases and I view EQ as a game run by a small group of loyal designers who operate with a budget that allots them as much time as a local Dungeon Master might get for a new campaign and shouldn't waste that time worrying about such trivialities like, "Is every run of this mission going to be a circus???"
  17. Duder Augur

No, not a big QA team. Honestly, from my work history, QA is not that overly complicated when implemented proper. Expansion releases are one thing, but its the patches and "fixes" that go without QA or adequate QA. If you think otherwise, I again, implore you to research what a profressional QA Manager's responsibilities are. I would be surprised if they met a single one of the industry standards down the line that falls under the manager. Not to mention, QA teams typically are not enormous multimillion dollar organizations. They include efficient oversight methodology. When you have your own coders testing eachothers work without proper conditions, that does not count as QA. That is a cost cutting fallacy to trick investors and customers into believing an adequate QA program exists. Ive dealt with this all my life. I've seen it before. Everquest is a classic case of fraudulent Quality Assurance and I will double down on that with my entire QA career behind me.
  18. Zarkdon Augur

I just assume they try and make us miserable on purpose.
    FYAD and Metanis like this.
  19. Kalamos Augur

Meh. It's a complex mission from a coding standpoint and they didn't quite get it right before the expac went live. They'll get it dialed in over the next patch or two I'm sure.
    Szilent likes this.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Let's agree on this one point, I'd very much enjoy running through Mean Streets and its achievements with the QA folks listed in the credits. And the last partisan in Shadowhaven.

http://eqiven.bplaced.net/Tools & Infos/EverQuest - Credits/Credits - 29 - Night of Shadows.html
    Duder likes this.