Firefall type 7 augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by alanus, Dec 23, 2022.

1. alanus Augur

So it seems that any named in Firefall can drop any type 7 aug. However, the drop rate seems way too abysmal. I have killed about 45 named and seen a total of 3 type 7 augs. Since it can be any of the augs, that would be an average of about 60 named before you see which one you want (of course I haven't seen either of the two that I want).

These are just too dang rare considering every melee in game wants the hdex augs and every caster seems to want the hsta augs. I like that any named can drop any, but the drop rate is just too low

I have also seen 3 total type 5 augs drop (again, seems to be any named can drop any, which is good), but these being rare I am fine with since you can get them with mission currency, too.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Cadira Augur

Devs are like "Yeah we'll throw type 5s on random named so you don't need to farm so many group missions and can switch it up!"

And this is what we get. Lol
  3. alanus Augur

I don't mind the type 5s being rare, since you can use mission currency and you can sell the ones you don't use to the vendor to buy the one you do want. I also really like that any named can drop any of the augs.

Just the drop rate on the type 7s is too damn low and there's no other way of getting them unfortunately
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Evye Augur

Was camping the bell last night.
    It’s listed on Magelo that it drops from. 2 mobs. Ok that strange.
    Kill Vesta 10 times.
    Get the caster aug.
    Decide to kill Rock lobber.
    Finally get him once.
    He drops the ac aug. Not the bell.
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I got a Jovial Jharin Jingle on my first named kill. Then a drought after that. RNG can be brutal.
  6. Kalamos Augur

The various sites are far from complete and don't have enough data. As Alanus said, I've come to believe that the various augs can drop from any of the named in the zone. I got a bell off the Insect for example, which isn't listed as a mob that can drop it on any of the sites. Camping for a specific aug you're after is going to cause some massive frustration unless drop rates are increased.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Evye and alanus like this.
  7. alanus Augur

Finally got my aug, off Rock Lobber. My 52nd fire fall named. Still need the Radir though
  8. Nniki Augur

Here's an aggregate between what I've seen personally (unmarked), Magelo, Allakhazam, EQ Resource, and this thread.

Type 7/8s

Tegi Contemplation Sphere (169166)
    • Diabo Xi Vesta
    • Firefallizard (EQR)
    • Molten Wildfire (EQR) *Shadeweaver's Tangle
    • Rock Lobber (Magelo)
    • Shak Dathor Overlord *Shadeweaver's Tangle
    Jovial Jharin Jingle (169167)
    • Diabo Xi Vesta (Magelo)
    • Firefallizard
    • Igneous Insect (Kalamos)
    • Rock Lobber (Magelo)
    Kaas Akuel xi Temariel (169168)
    • Bedrock Burrower (EQR)
    • Diabo Xi Vesta (Magelo)
    • Fowl Matriarch
    • Rock Lobber (Magelo, ZAM)
    Smoldering Core of Radir (169169)
    • Diabo Xi Vesta
    • Fowl Matriarch (EQR)
    • Rock Lobber (Magelo)
    Type 4/8s

Eye of Ay'laik (169170)
    • Diabo Xi Vesta
    Black Acrylia Shard (169171)
    • Stoneclaw Broodmother *Shadeweaver's Tangle
    Type 5s

Pleione's Gem of Heliacal Rising (169172)
    • Rock Lobber (EQR)
    • Sharp Claw *Shadeweaver's Tangle
    Alcyone's Gem of Heliacal Rising (169173)

Merope's Gem of Heliacal Rising (169174)

Caleano's Gem of Heliacal Rising (169175)

Taygeta's Gem of Heliacal Rising (169176)

Sterope's Gem of Heliacal Rising (169177)
    • Rock Lobber
    Maia's Gem of Heliacal Rising (169178)
    • Rock Lobber
    Whulfgar and Sancus like this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

I was extremely disappointed when they went this route. Random = I have unlimited play time and either have 5 friends that have no life and can play 24/7 with me to farm these or I use 3rd party software with 6 toons and have unlimited time to farm these.

The current spawn rate or rare mobs is terrible. You can easily go 5 hours with nothing. Rock Lobber seems to be heavily camped on my server since it was listed as the HDex type 5 primary dropper.
  10. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

I went 10 hours with no augs, was killing insectous PH and Diabo PH, Cadira was in group as well for half of that.
    Fenthen and Arcolin like this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think its not intended as an alternate path to gear up your augs. Its just there as a "surprise" loot when you happen to be killing those mobs for something else.
  12. Kalamos Augur

I doubt that this was the objective. I suspect that they itemized the augs this way to reduce one named being permacamped because it drops a high demand aug. That's fine if it's the case, but I think drop rates need to be increased some.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Fenthen and alanus like this.
  13. alanus Augur

Yeah, I like them being random because otherwise the named that drops the augs will become permacamped, but the drop rate does need to be increased
  14. Ssdar Augur

For the type 5s I agree since you can buy them off the vendor too from running missions. For the type 7/8s, there's no good main path to get them, just endlessly killing T1 named and hoping to get lucky so the current drop rate on them just isn't adequate for these augs. I do like that they're not locked to one permacamped mob, but they just need to be dropping more often.
    alanus likes this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Dont they also drop from chests?
  16. Cadira Augur

It appears the t2 augs drop from chests, t1 have to be farmed.
  17. alanus Augur

I am now up to 57 FF named and I think 3 Shadeweavers without a Radir aug. Seen the 1 Jingle aug, 1 Kaas and 2 Tegis. That's a pretty terrible drop rate and should be looked at
  18. Faidaen Lorekeeper

Yall have been lucky to get so many named. On CT I know of at least 3 raid groups, since the start of the bonus, have yet to see Fowl. I know of very few who even have it. I know personally 10 + hours without a single one. That includes clearing every single bird.....
    minimind, Laurana and Carden like this.
  19. alanus Augur

I am now over 80 FF + shadeweavers named and only seen the following type 7s:
    1x Jingle
    3x Tegi
    2x Kaas
    0x Radir

The augs should be rare, but not that rare. Difficult is good, tedious to a point is fine, but having to kill 100+ named to get a single aug that you can't get any other way is not okay
    Szilent likes this.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

super rare even on fv finally saw one for sell in the baz and buyers are actually paying the max so you know its rare. Of course i picked it up for my ranger.