advanced loot loses setting

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Svann2, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

When I set the bottom pulldown menu (ex: give all the loot to svann) and then change a role in the group such as make myself puller or take puller off then the pulldown menu forgets the setting.

This is really annoying when Im changing roles alot, which I sometimes need to do for crazy pulls because of merc failings. I keep having to set loot.
    Rondor, tanith, Horse and 10 others like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I was helping a guildmate finish a task in SH the other night. When he needed to do a turn in or hail, he'd evac himself (which caused him to re-zone) and go do what he needed to do. Every time he did it, it would completely wipe out the loot settings (I was group leader and master looter). He did it 3 or 4 times...I had to redo the loot settings every single time.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Anyone leveling also removes the looter, it is annoying to say the least. Its most annoying when someone joins a group and it sets it to someone completely different. :mad:
  4. Allayna Augur

/kickp raid also gets screwy with who the looter is and will start leaving all items on corpses and not using /advl as well.

Resetting who the looter is and then back to who you want generally fixes this, but annoying.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Was kicked from raid a lot over the last week and that never happened, but also I dont set ML just use the leader. Once raid was kicked advloot still worked.

Any items in the group advloot when you join the raid will be "unavailable", if they havent timed out by the time the raid is kicked you can open advloot and you will see them.

Any items in the raid advloot when you kick the raid will be "unavaialble", you will have to wait until the corpse times out to loot it so you want to try to roll/assign before the raid gets kciked.
  6. Allayna Augur

I don't set a ML either. But what I'm experiencing is after repeatedly being the Raidleader doing the mass invites and then also receiving mass invites.../advl will end up off until I "set" a ML and then set it back to myself.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The commands for allow/disallow group members 1-6 should be an easier toggle and the only ruleset applied be the group leaders. I have run a character with /avlo off and adding the 2nd charater to group made all group members have to select filters on each loot, which is annoying when boxing.

advloot in EQ is marginally broken and marginally functional, like a merc warping and dropping loot locked "out of range" as if the server didn't know where it and I were?
  8. Horse Journeyman

If *anyone* zones in your group, the assigned character to receive the loot disappears.
    This is such an annoying bug!
    tanith likes this.
  9. tanith Augur

Pretty much anything happening in group wipes the settings. A merc dying, changing merc, someone zoning, leaving or joining the group. It's very tedious
    dreadlord and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  10. Ratalthor Developer

Since this is not a bug, I have moved this thread to the Veteran's Lounge for discussion.
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

It might not be a bug but it is exceptionally annoying that the Set All To choice is not persistent and needs to be checked nearly every time you loot something.

The group Advanced Loot is not intuitive (especially when the default window size hides nearly all the settings) and the settings to make it "easier" are those which have so little persistence so you end up having to check or set them each time there is something to loot.
    • Resets when anyone in the group zones or evacs (which is zoning)
    • Resets when the group changes in any way
      • Someone gets a level
      • Roles are changed
      • Merc unsuspended, suspended, dies, gets revived
      • Some joins/leaves the group
      • and so on
    It changes for the master looter and everyone else. For how flaky the Set All To options is, I'm frankly surprised the filters persist from one zone to another or even from one session to another.
    If you 2-box, it gets even more annoying than in just a normal group.
    Joules_Bianchi and Andarriel like this.
  12. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Would it be possibe for the developers that make these decisions to include an short explanation of why something is not a bug?

Thank you.
    Joules_Bianchi, tanith and Rijacki like this.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok lets discuss. To discuss the issue we need to compare the positive and the negative. Everyone knows why its bad but I think no one has any idea why you would want it like that. Could you explain? I mean, if its not a bug then it must have been designed like that for a reason. Whats the reason?
    Joules_Bianchi, Dre., tanith and 2 others like this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

So you're saying that you guys intentionally made it so that the settings on advanced looting resets every time something about the group changes, forcing the group leader to continually redo them?

It may not be a bug, but it sounds like bad design.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont believe it was designed like this on purpose. I think that for some odd reason the loot setting gets reset when something completely unrelated changes. Its a bug. Someone must have misread the bug post and said its not a bug. But it really is. There is no way its intended that the loot setting should arbitrarily forget the setting over and over.

Please re-review the problem and move this back to the bug sub-forum.
    Joules_Bianchi and Dre. like this.
  16. dreadlord Augur

If not a bug why on earth would it be set up to work this way??
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm pretty sure it never worked this way when it was first introduced.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

because, if it was labelled "bug", they'd have to, you know, fix it.

Umbral Plains triggered spawns* would like to also give this thread a like.

*Broken since before the Luclin namesake expansion went live, so it remains broken in old, new and instanced UP
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The group window does NOT behave this way. Leader set roles are kept on zoning, on changing members, mercenaries and so on, even to the point of logging to an alt to buff the tank, then back, the character is still MA.As several have asked why would this NOT be a bug? If the master looter / group leader set roles, they should remain as set until chaged bythe leader.

It is also a paltry amount of data to cache.
    Rijacki likes this.
  20. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Positives:
    • The filters work well and the "always" persist across zones.
    • The window doesn't pop open if all the new items are filtered with "always"
    • The Set All To works well while the option is selected
    • The UI is easier for a non-master looter
    • The Set All To options for the master looter are convenient.
    • The options on how to loot are very comprehensive.
    Negatives:
    • The Set All To option blanks whenever there is any change in the group of any kind including a group member gaining a level, anyone in the group zoning, anyone being added to or dropped from the group including mercs and also a merc dying.
    • The main window filter check boxes are mostly hidden with the default sizing of the window.
    • The use of the window is not intuitive. The ? help is adequate if you already understand a bit about the window and how it works. Since the help is limited to text, its clarity is limited.
    • It gets a lot more complicated for a master looter with a steep learning curve which, because of the complications in the UI, is something most players pass on. (I returned to EQ in mid-2020 and I've only recently been getting more familiar with a lot more of the master looter capabilities as I've been 2-boxing and trying to make my life simpler.)
    Improvements:
    • The Set to All choice should persist for the entire time a character is associated with a group.
      • If the options change for the master looter because of changes in group members (add/drop), the Set to All doesn't change for the non-master, so the selected choice should not be removed.
      • If the options change for the master looter, the selected choice should still persist unless the selection if a group member who dropped.
      • If the master looter is changed, only the former and new master looter should have their selection removed.
      • The Set to All should not blank when a member of the group gains a level.
      • The status of mercs in the group should have no effect on the Set to All for any group member.
    • The default size of the window should at least expose all the checkbox choices.
    • As with many items in the UI and game, there is a reliance on 3rd party sites to cover features but those pages, if they exist, can get lost or difficult to find or get out of sync with later changes. If there ever were pages made by Daybreak (or SOE earlier), 'drilling down' to find them is nigh impossible unless one the the 3rd party sites has a link. If Daybreak has a feature detailed in a webpage, it can also be included as a link in the text-only help.