Another year comes to an end.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Herf, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Herf Augur

'not sure why I'm posting this. Maybe because I'm entering that dark time when this years events come to an end and before next years events start. But heck, just post something funny, something nostalgic, something...uh...you get the idea.

I'll start. Good old CCH video. I'm not positive but I know I met either Sinzan or some other gnome from a famous video in Icelad years/decades ago.

[Anyone have a video of the ranger simulator wireframe?]
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

3. Zarkdon Augur

Who wrote the stories about the kid that was obsessed with EQ?
  4. Iven Antonius Bayle

Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I know it's WOW, and I've never played, but I've always found this fun
  6. Nniki Augur

Lord Nikon

Elyssanda likes this.
  7. Nniki Augur

Sayonara Norrath

Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Nniki Augur

Iksar Feign Death

Skies, Aenvar, Herf and 2 others like this.
  9. Nniki Augur

10. Nniki Augur

The Monk Manual

Elyssanda likes this.
  11. Nniki Augur

Although their series was based on WoW... here's the music videos by The Guild:

Do You Wanna Date My Avatar

Game On

I'm the One That's Cool

A Christmas Raid Carol

Elyssanda and TsiawdMS like this.
  12. Nniki Augur

Herf and Elyssanda like this.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

14. Nniki Augur

Herf likes this.
  15. NatazzEvoli Elder

Gotta check out Jay Z, aka Frankenbeanz on YouTube. He's putting out some new songs....
  16. Iven Antonius Bayle

1998 trailer rebuild in unreal engine.
    Nniki likes this.
  17. Iven Antonius Bayle

Must be the fungi..... Darklight Caverns.....so annoying.
  18. Herf Augur

I was just going to post that Fansy page, it took me a while to find it, but you beat me to it :)

I just realized. I NEVER see more than 1-2 SGs in SRO nowadays. We was robbed!
    Nniki likes this.
  19. Stymie Pendragon

This one is a classic for me:

Attack of the Killer Gnome

I was invisible and running through the Karanas one day when I noticed a young gnome near the gypsy camp. He was fighting a lion and though it looked like he would win the battle, being a fellow gnome, I decided to help the guy out.

I targeted the lion, clicked on my mesmerize spell, then *started* to type: "I'm mesmerizing the lion for you." I got as far as: "I'm " when I remembered that I had replaced my mesmerize spell with an Area of Effect mesmerize spell... and that I was standing next to an NPC enchantress. Gulp.

My movement keys are mapped to "w a s d" so I frantically stabbed at my keyboard, trying to MOVE and interrupt the spell.

I forgot that I was in typing mode.

The gypsy enchantress didn't like my attempt to mezz her so she promptly charmed me and made me go after the gnome I had been trying to *save*. I watched in horror as my peace-loving character, knife flailing like a crazed sushi chef, chased the little guy down and stabbed him to death.

I found my victim later and apologized profusely... I even gave him a nice weapon and a piece of armor. He was great about it, and laughed when I told him what happened.

He said he didn't know WHAT was going on. One minute he was fighting a lion, the next minute a strange gnome appeared out of NOWHERE, announced: "I'm wwwaaaddd", then sliced him up like Freddy Krueger.
    Grove, Nniki and Herf like this.
  20. Herf Augur

THAT is hilarious :D
    Stymie likes this.