Otherworldly Focus of Fortitude and Otherworldly Focus of Heroism

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Windance Augur

The best we can hope for at this point is :

1 - Listen to player feedback and make a 'better' system next expansion.
    2 - Increase the number of drops since there is more rot. ( oh this is a belt . I don't need that ... )

Or maybe put in something so we can 'recycle' the TS drops we don't need and turn them into something usable.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

Unfortunately I don't think they didn't listen. There is a point in the design process in which things simply can't be changed. Re-itemizing the entire expansion was probably too big of a job to actually do.

Plus, who's to say it's failed until it all plays out. Plenty of stuff is rotting by the end of the cycle. Maybe it will just mean that the rot cycle is more distributed.

Granted, I'd rather gear my main at a steady pace and then switch to an alt and play that through to completion, rather than people switching to alts for drops all the time, so just to be clear, I'm not optimistic, and at this point, I am hoping they go back to the old system. I hate pointless time syncs where I have to keep doing the same things over and over hoping for something like an aug, instead of moving on to hunter or collections or holiday quests or something else more fulfilling than beating my head against the wall.
  3. Zunnoab Augur

Reitemizing may be too much, but adding information to the lore field and axing the absurdity of a high chance of none to drop is realistic.
    Laurana likes this.
  4. Laurana Augur

This whole situation is rather unfortunate. RoS's Conflagrant was probably the most recently enjoyed Tradeskill style. Then in ToL, they introduced the singular, No-Trade "ore/brick" from rares and mission chests. Okay, fine, it's not unreasonable and seemed to work well for three expansions. Now, we get this abhorrent implementation of unique drops required for slots. To boot, they may only drop from specific rares and chests. And then they have stack quantities on them, implying something--nobody needs to loot and store 5 BP pieces... These may have started out as tradable on Beta, hence the tacking numbers, but then were turned No-Trade on Live but never removed. Or, we might get lucky and see them changed back to tradable. Only time will tell how this new style plays out.
    Fian and Grove like this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Just put one in each damn chest like it SHOULD BE AND HAS BEEN. It is pretty annoying to pay 1 million plat for a task add and chest loots to get absolutely nothing you will want to use. (augs aside) the spells are just rehashing one we already have. The armor ornaments are crap. The gear and the armor are usually not used since everyone wants best in slot. GIVE US OUR ORE BACK!
  6. Nightops Augur

Is this really a thing? and on what server?
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I know it happens on Drinal. People (well, 1 or 2 specifially) offer task task adds and loot rights for plat/krono basically nightly. They're also selling the loot rights to raids, up to and including ToL.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

BB chest loot rights are a million plat and just a task add for your 50 coins is 500k. Of course its because its newish and the price should drop as more and more people are offering the service. I would just feel better if I was getting something out of it besides a chance at an aug. So far I have not seen one otherworldy item in a chest.
  9. Nudia Augur

I feel like this got changed silently in the hot fix - I've seen several 5/7 augs from Mean Streets over the last week. I believe the last 5 runs I've done produced 4 Fortitude and 1 Heroism - maybe 5 of the last 6?

With regards to the selling on BB - it's currently high and I get it, but there's other ways to get these that people aren't taking advantage of. Several times, I've offered to take people on my alt runs with no cost other than their willingness to actually go partake. I've had exactly one person opt in on this, and several offer to just pay instead. If people don't want to do the work, I don't feel as bad seeing it be costly.

If you want to run these missions, I'm doing them 1-2x a day and often have spots when my crew isn't around.
    Allayna likes this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

If youre on BB ill run missions anytime, but I dont like taking TA's.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

It seems like TS level items are now intended to be a kind of chase item.
  12. Fohpo Augur

I don’t think group level loot should be chase personally, unless it’s the TBL approach. I actually like the idea of evolving chase, as it gave group level players another steady way of achieving player power growth.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

Except unfortunately the ACH were far too early in the evolution for many players to be able to reasonably benefit from them. They needed to evolve to T2 level without any ACH and evolve to T1 raid with ACH.
    Petalonyx likes this.