Lucent Cloak of the Selenelion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eaedyilye, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

you still have to *XP level* it between iterations
    Scila and Allayna like this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Anyone got a decent recipe list for the type 18/19?

I'm guessing that it looks like the Velious versions and just needs the devotee/acolyte bit. And also requires 300 Jewelcrafting to make a nodrop item. Going to be a lot of empty 18/19 slots on boxes this expansion and new level 300 JC characters!

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/recipe.html?recipe=58109
  3. Marton Augur

Getting JC to 300 is trivial.
    Nennius and Tatanka like this.
  4. Nightops Augur

No way to 'force' an update and there is no way to jump to the current level if you have more then one achievement completed. If it wasn't clear before, you have to kill to get the cloak to evolve to 100% before each conversion. Someone else can comment if the xp to 100% takes longer for each evolution, traditionally this has been the case with similar items.

So its going to look something like this...

Dropped cloak to 100% + Champion ach -> 2nd cloak to 100% + Paragon ach -> 3rd cloak to 100% + Challenger -> 4th cloak to 100% + Hunter ->

**Also, be sure to remove all augs from the cloak before you convert to the next level.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

"Anyone got a decent recipe list for the type 18/19?"
    According to the recipe book you can buy at vendor (by shar vahl bridge) there are only 4 recipes, and they are basically copied from the ToV rallos zek recipes. Book is for research but they are actually jewelcraft combines.
    Laurana and Allayna like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

7. Tucoh Augur

It does appear to take longer. I didn't quantify that. Previous leveled items doubled in experience required and that seems to be true for this also. Generally the items level off future expansions, so I recommend folks do hunter opportunistically this yearn don't sweat it if their cloak is only at rank 3 or 4 when they finish the achievements.

Also if you try to evolve with augs it'll warn you and not evolve, I tested that with the first level cloak (and a tribute fodder aug!!)
  8. Tucoh Augur

Damn, only the 4 recipes? I wonder if the other types work and are just undocumented. Otherwise I'll have to do the RZ earring and level up allll my tradeskills.
  9. Kalamos Augur

Yeah just the 4 stat aug versions it seems. Can always go back and farm trash in TBL raids for Blazing Euphoria if you care to. A lot easier than doing the Rallos ear on multiple toons.
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Alnitak Augur

Elctrum Bar + Star Roze Quartz = Electrum Star Amulet, Trivial 98. 3.7 pp per combine
    about 150 combines will get you to skill 98. About 90% return when you sell back the results to a merchant. All done in small bank in PoK.
    At this time run to West Freeport and get JC trophy quest. Must do it before skill is 100+, or the quest becomes rediculous time-sink.

Then do this ladder:
    Gold Bar + Star Roze Quartz = Golden Star Amulet, trivial 170. 11.5 pp per combine.
    Platinum Bar + Star Roze Quartz = Roze Platinum Engagement Ring, trivial 242. 106 pp per combine.
    Platinum Bar + Peridot = Platinum Peridot Ring, trivial 258. 115 pp per combine.
    Platinum Bar + Sapphire = Sapphire Platinum Necklace, trivial 276. 210 pp per combine.
    Platinum Bar + Diamond = Platinum Diamond Wedding Ring, trivial 287. 315 pp per combine.

Results are sold at about 90% return back to a merchant.

At 287 you can do Velium Blue Diamond combines to reach 300, or do some tricks.
    If you have an access to an enchanter you can do some compartmented trio jewelry and actually make 275pp per combine while evolvng your JC Trophy to the max.
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. Allayna Augur

The other potential combines do not work.
    Svann2 and Tucoh like this.
  12. dwish Augur

Regarding this cloak, can anyone confirm this thing still drops from the door mission in shadowhaven? I'm up to 24-25 straight missions now without a cloak drop and most of those have been door mission. I'm starting to wonder if the drop rate is really poor for this specific mission in particular.
  13. Marton Augur

I have not seen anyone claiming they got it from another mission.

Keep at it; eventually it will drop for you.
  14. Cicelee Augur

I do find it funny that the first requirement is Champion, which involves all the merc/partisans to be completed... and the second requirement is Paragon, which takes all of 1-2 hours to do for an average group. It definitely takes Champion significantly longer than Paragon, feels like those two should be switched
    Viciado, Laurana, Vumad and 2 others like this.
  15. Lenar New Member

I have seen 6 cloaks drop so far and all of them are from When one door opens. The most recent drop was just a few hours ago so it is still dropping from that mission.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Got four cloaks in like, 10 missions. Been about 20 runs without a cloak now :| Normal distributions are problematic.

[IMG]
  17. dwish Augur

Yeah, I’m sure I am just getting a bit unlucky as I have quite a few guildies that are already several alts deep with cloaks, and I’ve yet to see one drop myself. Mainly just wanted to be sure I was fine just running this mission still and as I can duo it easy enough. I’ll keep plugging away.
    Tucoh likes this.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

287? is trivial. Is 300 still trivial now that gems don't drop anymore?
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

They still drop, just not where you hunt for XP.
    Allayna likes this.