Otherworldly Focus of Fortitude and Otherworldly Focus of Heroism

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yup, it was brought up. The comments were along the lines of "this is bad, don't do it, stick to universal ores." That feedback was basically met with silence. I believe the drops were also tradeable for a time, so it was very confusing as to what would make it to live and what wouldn't, like drop rates and stuff like that.

I pre-ordered on all my toons, so I can see the beta forums. Did they not open it up for everyone to read? If not, they should. People REALLY should be able to read the discussions at this point. I could have sworn they used to do that.
  2. demi Augur

well i have not ordered NoS yet and I dont see a beta section on the forums unless im looking in wrong place ? but under FORUMS main page not where all the forums are listed newbie area, veterans etc.. its not listed there..
  3. Toukan Augur

Champion. Paragon. Done enough missions to buy 4 augs. Got maybe 15 names knocked out, some repeatedly.
    Seen 6 cloaks drop in Shadowhaven mission.

Still haven't seen a single type 5 or type 7/8 ore piece drop...and except for augs dropping, that's all we're looking for. (Well, gonna need the 18 and 19 pieces also)
    Ssdar, alanus, Carden and 1 other person like this.
  4. Nightops Augur

How many of those 45+ missions have been Shadowhaven missions? How many have been Mean Streets?

If there is a set drop table of otherworldly items in the chests, I can confirm the fortitude comes from the Mean Streets chest. I have not done many of the missions outside of SH to confirm if it drops in the others.
  5. Zunnoab Augur

The part that caught me off guard is the high chance of no drop at all.
  6. Szilent Augur

there isn't.
  7. Cicelee Augur

There may not be. However I have only seen Fortitude in Mean Streets. I have not seen it in any other mission. That might be RNG, or it might be something else.
  8. Maedhros High King

I think a nice solution would be adding an additional drop slot to mission chests and moving the otherworldly aug items to it with their own 25% chance that an otherworldly aug drops and if so 60% likelihood that it would be the type7/8 and 40% chance that it would be the type 5.
  9. Nightops Augur

I'm leaning more towards a drop table at this time. The earlier post I made showing my drops has still stood. I continue to get the same items from ShadowHaven and Under Siege (bracers, hands feet). I'm sure there are more which I have not seen; and some overlap; from Mean Streets, Darklight, and Under Siege. But I haven't seen anything different from the SH mission.

And yes, I have only seen Fortitude drop from Mean Streets and a guildie has gotten 2 Fortitudes from Mean Streets chest and 0 from any other.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

Didn't read much of this thread yet.

Please add a lore tab to these items to explain what they are for. I ended up here because I googled Other Worldly Essence of Power. There is absolutely no reason it doesn't have a lore tab that says it is used to make 2H weapons (best I can find). This is a miserable way to itemize loot. Please do better.
    Metanis, Wayylon, Skuz and 4 others like this.
  11. Toukan Augur

Mostly Shadowhaven, as you guessed. And yes, guildies are pulling the fortitude item out of Mean Streets.
  12. Zarax Journeyman

For the amount of times I've done missions so far this expansion.. Fortitude and Heroism has only been dropping from Mean Streets mission.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Should be for the stuff to make augs too. Anything that isnt obvious what its for should have some way of finding the info in game besides asking in general and getting "TS stuff". You only have a short time to figure out whether you should roll or pass.
    Wayylon and Yinla like this.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Heroism drops in Under Siege as well.
    Zarax likes this.
  15. Fian Augur

My biggest complaint about the new T3 ore is the confusion factor. Tweak the drop rate as you wish, but having different ore per slot just makes it needlessly complex.
  16. Zunnoab Augur

My fourth priority wizard alt ended up with the drop they removed from group missions. I'd have to check my logs to see when/why, but ouch for the mains that didn't roll need. If you know the cloak name that one is still more obvious than many of the items, sadly.

This system is just layer upon layer of terrible design decisions that amplify the annoyance of each other.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

The lack of dev response to this, both in beta and now post-launch, is telling.

This is what they do now: make bad design decisions, ignore feedback in beta (which is what beta is for), then ignore the problem once it goes live.
    sauron3030 likes this.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

Commenting on this now would serve nothing more than to provide punching bags for irritated people. If they address this, it wouldn't make sense to do so until after the holidays.
  19. Marton Augur

"We are aware of issues with new tradeskill drops and we address them as soon as we are able."

Would that be so time consuming to post something like this?

Or maybe they don't plan to address anything and that's why the silence :p.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

Silence on an issue like this just makes things worse. That's where the hate and animosity comes from...the silence.

I've lost count of the number of times various devs have said they'd do better regarding communication. This would be an excellent time for some of that communication.