Geometry issues in The Spirit Fades

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Allayna, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Allayna Augur

Category: Other
    Date/Time: Sun Dec 11 07:13:34 2022

Character: Level 120 Paladin (Main)
    Zone: Darklight Caverns 10255

Target PC: Level 120 Paladin
    Target Location: -28.37, 513.44, 52.14, 268.88

Description: Auras, pets, pathing of NPCs acting erratic at this location. Auras are literal invisible NPCs between your legs and I *think* there is a hole in the geometry here that they are falling through. I CoTH'd to this location and everyone took falling damage. The magician pet doesn't stop moving, pacing around when it should be at rest. Pulling a mob to this location caused it to poof for a few minutes, likely falling under world before warping to me.

Often there is one base pop remaining NPC on track even after clearing the entire mission. Track runs you in circles pointing below the waterfall.

Also while moving on this level, the magician and shaman are intermittently able to melee, with frequent out of melee range messaging.

The shaman epic is only firing on the shaman and magician, like it is out of range of the rest of the group despite them all on top of each other.

Reloading the magician and shaman seemed to fix the geo bug involving all the squirrel behavior at this location with the exception of not fixing the mob that gets stuck under the world.
    Svann2 and Rolaque like this.
  2. Nniki Augur

Looks like that spawn under the world is at 0,0. It's been either a spirit of bravery or a fibrous fiend in the runs I've done. Can /target it from the center intersection and send a pet down after it to pull it up.
    [IMG]
  3. Rolaque Ancient

Yes, I have tracked in the mission about 3 spirits to date that were below the world, and they were bravery. Looks like a good catch here, Allayna and Nnika.
  4. Allayna Augur

I have new information on this. I used CoTH near the tall mushrooms in the area where the water fall is...and the entire group ended up on top of the mushroom. So I think the mushrooms are messing with geometry. I also couldn't invis group members with my bard when the person was standing right next to me. I have a feeling that the mushrooms are messing with z-axis targeting, despite being visually next to each other.