Tradeskill Depot & Bank

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Termination321, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Heimdall Elder

I proposed a compromise a while back. Most items are learned through a book. Any subcombines for an item in the book are included in the book, or sold in another book. SOME items are still found through experimentation and they be themed items similar to Chase Items with unique or relatively so recipes. Like a Bloodied Mage blade that takes Bloodied Ore and and Runic Sortilege Sheet (just random examples not a real attempt as a recipe)
  2. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Make them tradable and placed in a variety of ways

Smithing recipe book from Overseer Merchant
    Tailoring recipe book from a random ground spawn
    Fletching recipe book from a random T1 rare mob
    Jewelcraft recipe book from a zonewide trash drop
    Pottery recipe book from a merchant
    etc...
    Wdor and Nennius like this.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I have portable tradeskill items on me at all times, I do combines for guildees or friends on the fly on an at least a weekly basis, from my inventory. ( to this I do ask, Can we get a *Large* tackle box that holds 10 slots??)

490 slots was not even enough to empty Ely's bags and half of her bank, never mind alts or houses.

I have done Max trophies nearly 100x across my accounts on 2 servers, and supplied countless friends along their journeys. To say I am a TS hoarder, is putting it mildly.

I am thrilled with just more inventory being available to me at this point. Would it be NICE if it had more functionality, without having to have a banker open at the same time? sure, of course. But this is a great start. after 22+ years in this game of tradeskill hoarding.. I finally can see a place for all of my *stuff*
  4. demi Augur

Multiple accounts ? did you purchase the premium expansion with the 490 slots on all your accounts ?

also next year when NoS goes on sale might be worth upgrading the accounts to the F&F pack for the additional 120 tradeable slots ..

you can also purchase more slots through marketplace ( I believe that route is or can be expensive) but a few extra slots shouldnt be too much ..

I feel more functionality would be good , however it should be limited to be opened when either at a bank or a TS station either in a GH or pok or house ..

as far as more functionality ( I do not own NoS yet so have not seen or used the depot) but have heard like once you put in a stack you can only take out 1 item at a time .. you should be able to take the stack out (click on stack and type in how many you want to remove) and then place it into inventory or it does it for you ..

and for experiment mode should be allowed ..

It would be nice for QoL to be able to search a reciepe and if you have items in your depot you hit combine and the depot would automatically just do the combine and remove the items from the depot. as long as you were at a bank or TS station ..

I heard that you can already take a bag that has TS mats in it and drop bag into TS depot and any TS mats in bag will auto drop into Depot . that is nice ..
    I always keep a TS bag in my top inventory slot as well as a collection bag (Collector depot coming soon , I hope :p ) so any TS mats I loot drop into my first TS bag .. then I would easily be able to take that TS bag and drop it in the depot to transfer all those mats..

I/we would all appreciate a collection depot next :p
  5. Heimdall Elder

I used to do that, but it causes issues with Stat Food. now I have the top two slots of Tailored Transcendent intentionally filled with stat food, toys, and tools (Clickies, Bandolier Loadouts, Potion, Range, fishing bait, the compass, and Distillers etc) That way the stat food stays over the TS bags (and any foraged food I don't want to accidentally eat (or lose my Stat Food boosts) for.
    Zunnoab and Velisaris_MS like this.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

:p
    2 accounts, 490 bought on each because both accounts full of TS mats.. when 490 isn't enough room for 1 toon's mats.. 2x490 isn't gonna be enough for 2 accounts..which is why I didn't go for the version with only 120 extra slots.

Believe me I know what's available, and I know over the next year, I will get 12x20 slots with the 500 monthly DBC.. that's another 240 basically free and that I will be purchasing more as the year goes on..I did the math the first day we knew how much extra slots would cost.. I know what I'll be forking over.
    A few extra slots... yeah.. I'm one of the people who will be maxing out the slots. I know I'm not the only one either.
    Wdor and demi like this.
  7. demi Augur

I have not done the math on how much 120 extra slots are in the marketplace , but when NoS goes on sale next year in sept or october and you upgrade your expansion from premium to F&F you will only be paying an extra $60 bucks with the 25% off and thats not including the 10% for all access discount .. so just spit balling here but im guessing you'll only have to fork out another $54 bucks per account ..
    If you bought the premium now .. so not sure if that is slightly cheaper than marketplace or not but just something to think about ..

Premium - $140
    F&F $ 250
    25% off 250 = 62 + change
    $250 - 62 = $188 +- change

$188 for F&F - 125 Premium(with 10% discount when purchased) = $63

$63 - 10% for all access roughly $6
    $63 - 6 = $57 bucks ..

If my math is correct give or take a buck or 2 for change and rounding up or down for the % discounts

Ok so I did the math :p

plus dont forget all the extra's you'll be getting with the other Tradeable's .!! for only an extra 57 bucks
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Taking items from the Tradeskill Depot is like taking them from the Dragon's Hoard. If you click on a stack and then Withdraw, you will get the slider prompt to select how many up to the max of a normal stack for that item. If you click on the stack and then Withdraw with the CTL button pressed, you will get 1. If you click on the stack and then Withdraw with Shift, you will get a stack. If there are multiple stacks in a TD stack, you will get only one of the stacks. So if you have 20K fish scales and use shift when you click Withdraw, you would have to click it 20 times to get all 20K.
    demi likes this.
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

what she said! :p
    Elyssanda likes this.
  10. Cerryn Journeyman

I am in an extremely similar spot to you - 6 houses, shared bank, lots full.

It took some experimenting but I'm figuring how to make Tradeskill Depot work well for me - putting certain, high-usage items in there such as Diamonds, Eggs, Last 2 expansions key Ore/Gem/Hide, etc...

It has dramatically cut down how often I have to run to the bank/houses.

As you said, Ely... a lot can be done but it's a definite step up.
    Rijacki, klanderso and Elyssanda like this.
  11. Angahran Augur

And if there are any other trades that do not currently have a 10 slot container.
    Also, if there are still any recipies that are restricted to physical locations (e.g. the old class specific armour), or to 'special' containers, if we could have a way to unlock those and basically allow us to make whatever we need 'on-the-go', that would be great :)
  12. Angahran Augur

I agree, I have various mules with multiple houses overflowing with TS items.
    490 slots vanished in a flash :(

And there is no way on earth I'm going to spend over $1000 buy the additional slots.

Maybe have a way to create these 'extra slot' items in game ?

p.s.
    if/when the guild depot is ever implemented, hopefully it has far more capacity and wont require a huge investment of $ to make it actually useable.
    Rijacki likes this.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I don't have nearly the stash as some other tradeskillers since I've only been back since mid-2020, but I was alarmed how fast the 490 slots were filled just with baking/brewing. While it did free up a lot of bank space, it's not even half as large as it should be. 20 slots for 500 DB is utterly ridiculous. Far too few slots for such a high price. The only justification I can see for the price of the expanders is to make the F&F expansion look like it's a bargain.

If it was possible to get extra slots via tradeskill questing (and NOT locked to 350+ in all or even just one craft) or crafting, that would help but only marginally.

I'm hopeful for the guild TD (if it really does come to pass) but I suspect it will be behind a paywall on top of an expansion requirement.
  14. Angahran Augur

Another thing that is a pain, is realizing you have filled all 490 slots with junk and have to empty them ONE.. AT.. A.. TIME.. :(
  15. Heimdall Elder

IF the Guild TD comes to pass - if the personal doesn't get fixed, it won't be popular enough to drive development of the guild version.

As for the cost, someone else did the math, and it looks like TD Slots sell for about the same price per item slot as bags which makes sense. Personally I think the initial "buy" should have been more slots with a lower cap. I don't ever want to go through 10,000 cups of sugar.
  16. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I still think it should have been, should be less than bag slots. Bags in personal inventory are accessible in more places and hold more types of items, they're more flexible. Large bags can also be obtained in-game without a Marketplace purchase. TD slots cannot (or at least cannot at this time, but unlikely ever will be). It's possible the overpricing of the Dragon's Hoard slots is what "justified" the TD slots in addition to the pricing of bags on the Marketplace.

It's not about "cups of sugar". Nothing requires you to have a max stack of a merchant bought item. But for some items like scales, if you're getting them from Overseer, rack up VERY fast. You can have 20K TD stack of scales (and recover 20 bag slots) which can be used by more than one character.
  17. Sindace Elder

Slots are fine as is. People need to utilize higher value components instead of dumping every single thing in there. I too have several TS mules filled with stuff. 3 TS depots- Higher value items, lower value items, research items. Added tradable slots to each, added a few 20 slots from marketplace. It's pretty good. It's a huge utility boost, it's worth paying for. They didn't need to add a tradeskill depot, and they certainly don't need to max slots for free after doing all that work.
  18. Angahran Augur

It's useful if you are churning out mass quantities of the same item.
    Potions, food/drink, etc
    It's semi useful for things you might make a few of, armor, weapons, augs, etc.
    It's useless for actually skilling up or experimenting.

Let us add/remove items from the depot without having to pop a bank familiar or be using a portable container in a bank and it would be much more useful.

As it is, you go to the TS container to make a new item X, you realize you a missing a component so you have to run back to the bank to get the item out of the depot and go back and try again.
  19. Heimdall Elder

You can, but its much easier to work the scales in batches less than 20K, I run the Overseer, and every few I process the scales just so I don't have to do a 20K session - and there's no reason not to work the scales nothing AFAIK needs an unworked scale. I still think the max stack is too big, and the original max stacks is too low. But really the biggest problem is still being unable to experiment with the Depot.

I get why people like the Experimentation to learn recipes. I'm even fond of keeping it to some degree - but not to the degree they currently have - take Arrows. Right now - you (in theory) have to experiment multiple times every time they release a new arrow head, shaft, or fletching. One arrow made with a given head/shaft/fletching should unlock all the arrow combinations with that piece because otherwise the recipe is identical. The same with fish scale sheets patches and such. When you have the base recipe i.e. 10 of ____ Fish Scale makes Scale Patch, makes Scale Swatch, makes Scale Sheet that should all be one "recipe" each for Patch, Swatch, Sheet. Knowing how to make a Velium Sheet should also mean you know how to make a Restless Velium Sheet, and a Bloodied Luclinite Sheet etc. That could be more coding than we want/can pay Daybreak to do, so just provide a book with those recpies every xpac. as a work around. Learning the pattern should teach the recipe in an ideal world, but in the real world that's close enough.

I assume it's done with flagging - when you experiment learn, or book scribe learn a recipe it gives you a hidden flag checked by the recipe search UI. So when you make a Class 9 Steel Shardpoint Arrow (Small Groove) you should get a hidden flag for Fractured Shards, Tainted Feathers, Steel Arrow Shafts, and Small Groove Nocks. And you learn any "recipes" that you have unlocked all four-ish flags on. So if you already had Silver Tips, Steel Arrows, and Ceramic Vanes, but not Small Groove Nocks (Highly unlikely but follow along) this would then unlock or "learn" the Class 6 Steel Silver Tip Arrow (Small Nock) because you just unlocked the small nock to complete that set. This would assist with a bunch of the silly in baking as well - the 600 different ways to prepare, barbeque, beer batter, and so on Planar Goo, Al-Metes, Brell's Bounty, and so on.
    Rijacki likes this.
  20. Allayna Augur

Another issue I just discovered - Find item, tradeskill depot box checked, shows me the item. I'm standing at the bank, banker open. I cannot grab the item from the find item window, I have to open the tradeskill depot, then search again for the item.

More duplication, more clicks.