Shadeweaver's Tangle

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kounterchrome, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Kounterchrome New Member

I pulled a mob yesterday, got 2...killed the second one today.
    Tallie, Toukan, Szilent and 9 others like this.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Must have pulled a ph for the rare.
  3. Tegeras New Member

Tried killing a plant, took forever. Moved to elementals, took forever. Ok lets try these mature rockhoppers, took forever. Zoned out and decided I am done with this zone.
    Toukan likes this.
  4. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

First time I was in that zone I went to kill a shak dathor swayer. It's the PH for a rare that drops an aug I wanted. Pulled one that was a little ways from the group of tegi. Still got 4 of them in one pull. I had to go full burn with all my mages (3 mages) to kill them. The 4 of them was about 900 million hp's.

It was entertaining for a little while but it gets tedious burning through so many hp's on ph/trash mobs.
  5. Toukan Augur

I'm glad it's not just me. Zone should definitely come with a warning

****Falsely rated as a T1 zone****

Every time I kill a mob in there, I keep wondering if this is by design or if someone made a mistake.
  6. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

It's like an anti-bot feature. Some of the places with the high hp mobs would be great spots for the PL bot crews.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

The hp factor is gettin out of hand really. No trash mob should make me go through multiple round of dotts to get it dead. I am done with merc and partisan in all of T! but some of them mobs make me wonder wtf Ive taken nameds down faster than some of these trash mobs.

In that one task you have to kill a red con and every time I do it I get it and an add. The red con dies faster than the dark blue mob.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Definitely feels like a bug. The eastside hoppers have 260million hp iirc. The westside hoppers have ... 60million?

I like designed mob variance but this doesn't feel designed.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Feels like some of the PH were given rare mob HP / mitigation.
  10. Treiln Augur

I'm all for variance as well. Especially if it's something like Mob A has 60 million HP, but hits harder and faster. Having a Plate tank is recommended, whereas Mob B has 85 million HP but it's more a battle of attrition. Both mobs give same amount of xp per kill.

But 260 vs 60.....yeah....no
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's not just that the placeholder mobs have a bazillion hp, it's that every mob in the area repops as a ph'er. That's not traditionally how placeholders work. Typically, you have an area (or specific locations) where a rare spawns, and there are usually 2-3 mobs in that area that act as placeholders, with the rest of the mobs being normal trash mobs.

Shadeweaver's is COMPLETELY messed up. In locations, like with the hoppers and elementals, every mob is a ph'er, so you end up with like a dozen insanely high hp/mitigation mobs. That's just not right.
  12. Lyyr Lorekeeper

I love the high hp placeholders. I actually get to use my wounds line in a group for a change, My druid gets to frost, and shaman gets to use pandemic.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  13. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

One thing I like about the mass hp mobs being a mage. I box 3 mages so when I fight these mobs. Even if I don't use any burns I eventually have a mass amount of pets attacking. So my DPS goes up and up for longer fights.

I enjoy these mobs for a short time.