The EverQuest Show returns for Season 2!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Fading Illusion Augur

Hello everyone!

I've worked exceptionally hard to get this episode out and I can't wait for the upcoming episodes! Lots of great interviews, big names and great content!

Please let me know what you think, especially if you have story ideas or content suggestions!

Thanks for your support on the channel!
    Fading

Cadira, Fuelforfire, Duder and 16 others like this.
  2. Sprooce Lorekeeper

Excellent episode! Welcome back and thank you very much!
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thank Brell for your hard work, Fading.

I enjoyed the episode. :)
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you! Well done as usual. You had mentioned some changes in your RL and I hope life is treating you right.
  5. Cadira Augur

Damn, I thought you died or something!
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

7. Fading Illusion Augur

Thank you all! I appreciate the support!

If you can keep spreading the word and sharing, that would be great.

One of my main goals with the channel is to keep both games in the spotlight and keep people playing and returning to the worlds we love.....

This comment on the youtube video says it all:
    "I'll be honest. I've never had any intention of playing EQ2, but this episode highlighted some amazning aspects that i didnt know about EQ2 and now i am going to give it a shot!"

Thanks again all!

Fading
    Rijacki, Skuz, Maedhros and 3 others like this.
  8. Fading Illusion Augur

Hi all! Fading here again.

Out of curiosity, would the EQ community be interested in a story about Housing/Decorating?

AND...

Does anyone have any decorated plots that I could visit for some footage? I saw there was a Frostfell forum post about it and it got me thinking.

Doesn't have to be Frostfell decorated, just looking for very well done plots.

Thanks!
    Fading
  9. Nudia Augur

There have been some good ones done over the years. Takhisis on Povar did some this year that were posted to the EQ Facebook page and if I recall, there were some really elaborate Halloween (I think) ones done a few years back someone can probably link to.
  10. Maedhros High King

Housing was always a really cool but under-utilized part of EQ.
    So many people just dump their trophies on a plot now and go about their business.
    There used to be some competitions that were put on for fun and prizes.
    Here is a link to a previous years' contests that EQ resource put on.
    I would assume some/most of those houses are still in game.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...th-anniversary-player-housing-contest.226099/
    I think Rorcex or Theriou would be excellent wells of information on housing since they have put on so many fun contests.

Tsolaes made a really neat post about a story he did using housing.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ie-spruce-bridge-hollows.218866/#post-3463929

What drew me to housing was that there were no limitations imposed by the game and I could create interesting things out of the pile of lego bricks that are in game, namely any and everything that is peaceable in a housing plot.
    The best housing plots in my eyes have items used in ways that you wouldnt expect and the result looks like it was always intended for that purpose. Like I have a wrought iron fence that when you flip it upside down and put it in the middle of a gate it looks like a portcullis thats ready to drop any moment. If someone wasnt familiar with housing, they wouldnt even realize the creativity that goes into that small detail.
    I enjoyed creating big structures out of small items such as my Godzilla.
    Or the paintings that I added particle effect features to bring them to life.
    My crowning achievement in housing was the caverns I created under my castle that is basically an entire zone.

Unfortunately the official housing sub forums were dissolved at some point a few years back and it was a pretty enormous blow to the housing community.

This is my castle at 101 Vanward Heights - ROTE Village III - Cazic server.
    To zone into the Caverns you must find the statue of Firiona Via, and then right click the stump that the paladin epic is thrust into, click enter.

Castle Maedhros
    [IMG]
    GolemZilla attacks!
    [IMG]
    Portal
    [IMG]
    Smithy
    [IMG]
    Firiona Vie Statue
    [IMG]
    Caverns of Awe
    [IMG]
    Treasure Room
    [IMG]
    Snake Trophies
    [IMG]
    Grotto
    [IMG]
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Everyone is welcome to visit my guild hall.
    Paineel Book Readers Club
    Drinal - Cedar Country Acres
    200 Guild Way

Thanks for remembering Tsolaes, Maed.
    Maedhros and Fading Illusion like this.
  12. Crystilla Augur

Hi! I haven't touched my housing decorations in a while but happy to show you what I have. One was my attempt at a Christmas style ship to ship combat (along with other things).
    Maedhros and Fading Illusion like this.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

YES!
    I have several plots on Firiona Vie in the Cedar Country Meadows neighbourhood. A few of mine are just finished on the outside (so far) but about half are done on the inside as well. Some are more elaborate and stuff while others are more simple. Some intentionally use nothing from the Marketplace. A few change the 'house' look without anything from the Marketplace, too.

Fully done (for now):
    Lux Aeternam guild hall: 200 Brimming Way
    Naiarei: 102 Market Heights
    Aluyeni: 105 Guild Way
    Rijac: 105 Park Circle
    Sanvynae: 107 Betwixt

Just outside (for now):
    Wyste: 104 Brimming Way
    Nykiyra: 111 Brimming Way and 106 Park Circle
    Heba: 103 Brimming Way
    Chattazure: 101 and 104 Betwixt
    Caillou: 103 Park Circle
    Sidheag: 108 Brimming
    (I also did the outside for 102 and 103 Betwixt but not my characters)

Naiarei's palace on the hill 102 Market Heights
    [IMG]

Aluyeni's Garden inside at 105 Guild Way
    [IMG]

Chattazure's mountain (before I got collection items and not using any Marketplace items) at 104 Betwixt (only done outside)
    [IMG]

Heba's ode to Erudin at 103 Brimming (only done outside, inside is 1/2 done)
    [IMG]
    MasterMagnus and Fading Illusion like this.