Fixed Internally Mean Streets is broken

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fenthen, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

the event doesn't reset, so you are summoned/killed the moment you zone in.

Jakarashev keeps locking at 2%, 7%, etc and not moving to his next phase.
    Also, engaging the first Jak shouldn't cause 2 other Jaks + 18+ mobs to come rushing towards the group, either.
    Aldy, Stacked, Earthcaller and 8 others like this.
  2. Petalonyx Augur

This mission needs looked at. Specifically the mission reset when 3rd illusion killed (should not reset at all), and the lack of mission reset when the Jak wipes group and sticks at 2% (could be a 2 min reset after no group aggro for 2 min or something like that).

I'm sure there's more but those two mission reset things are the most problematic based on what i've experienced.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Gorg00 Augur

He's locking at those healths because the illusion mobs are up and you're intended to kill them, or you wait at the timer for him to absorb them.
  4. Gorg00 Augur

Speaking of the "an illusion" mobs, they currently have way too much HP. One of our highest DPS groups full burning couldn't get through all 3 of them, I suspect very few to no groups are actually capable of it.

It feels like they have the HP of the raid mobs instead of group mobs.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Negative. I just had the event reset on me a 2nd time because he was 2% HP locked and all other versions of himself are dead.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

As others noted previously, the mob hitpoints are that of raid mobs, and I shouldn't be tanking 5+ 65k hitters at the same time in group content.
    Raptorjesus5 and Allayna like this.
  7. Allayna Augur

It was tested and reported on beta.

Things that it currently does:

The mission resets if you do not engage the "real" Jak fast enough, making getting one of the achievements difficult for lower DPS groups.

Killing all the illusions rapid fast (the fakes have almost no hps), depopping 1/2 of the thugs and all of the tigers with the appropriate bane is working.

The mechanic is supposed to "split" himself into illusions that you *can* kill before he absorbs them.
    This is working, but the illusions HPs are too high for high end raiders, let alone casual group players to prevent him from absorbing their health.

He locks hp at 22%, 7% and then he is killable. The problem is that when he "warps" to absorb the HP of another illusion, he just leashes and heals to full.

[Thu Dec 08 07:59:00 2022] Jakarashev begins casting Balance of the Nameless.
    [Thu Dec 08 07:59:00 2022] Jakarashev's afflictions have been stripped.

So you essentially have to do 78% of his HP bar, then 93% of his HP bar, then 100% of his HP bar...totally 271% of Jakarashev's total HP for a win. The groans that everyone makes when we go to do mission runs on day 3 of an expansion are kinda amusing but this mission is so broken.

People saying he is locked at 2%, that is during the initial illusion phase, the real one immediately goes from 100-2% as he is the real one.

Having said that it is broken...it is still beatable.

Bane the adds. Ignore the illusions on the second phase since he heals to full anyway. Let him warp away his 2 times and re-find him and dps him back down. Kill him.
    Syylke_EMarr and Fenthen like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

This is why there needs to be some sort of "cooling off" period between the end of beta and launch. They need time to go back through all the bug reports and feedback to make sure they catch as much as possible. Two weeks at least would be good...a month would be better.

Having beta end on one day and having it go live (bugs and all) the very next day is just idiotic.
  9. Karhar Dream Crusher

My group had to drag half of the adds to the next group of mobs or it would just reset on itself, high enough dps that any group mission is fine, but still couldnt be fast enough.
    Warpeace and Allayna like this.
  10. Gialana Augur

Also, I noticed that if you don't kill the accompanying thugs first, the fake will lock at 2% health, which could certainly be intended. I recommend not doing that.

While killing the thugs and illusions in the beginning, Jakarashev occasionally swaps position with a fake copy. However, instead of swapping positions, Jakarashev and one of the illusions can end up in the same spot. This seems like it might be unintentional.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Petalonyx Augur

Also had the real Jak swap emote result in stacked real/fake Jake on more than one occasion. Subsequent emotes did not result in real Jake moving anywhere else, either.
    Syylke_EMarr and Gialana like this.
  12. Kalamos Augur

Yes the mission is clearly broken as all get out, but it's beatable in its current form. Done it a couple times now. I probably won't bother much more with it until its fixed and playable as intended though.
    minimind and Fenthen like this.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

It would be nice if the mission could reset after 500 tigers wipes the group.
  14. Drakang Augur

Nothing wrong with the mission other than the illusions he pops at 35, 22 and 7 having to many hps to be able to kill all 3 to avoid him healing up. So just have to DPS him down a few times. But can kill him while the 7% ones are up. Slow gets rid of all but 4 thug adds. Do need to drag them around so you get on the named quick after the third fake version of him dies at the start. Easiest if you get the named at the spot near the trigger npc or at the far spot. So can reget it a few times or let it reset till you get a good setup.
  15. Cadman Elder

I didn't do Beta this year, but I'm sensing sarcasm :D

Can't see a single post about Mean Streets in the Beta Quests Forum, if no-one reports it, it ain't gonna get fixed
  16. Syylke_EMarr Augur

This mission is terribly buggy, or poorly designed. I can't tell which.

1) The time limit to move from Jak to Jak is too short. Even with Bard speed, it can reset in the time it takes to run from one to the next.
    2) The aforementioned illusion phase is not working. It's acknowledged as not working by a dev.
    3) The stacking of mobs in other spots as the fight goes on is an issue.
    4) There is some weird issue causing mass agro at times.

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
    Yes, the mission is winnable. That does not mean it is not bugged or poorly designed.
    Fenthen, Laurana and Silvena like this.
  17. Allayna Augur

18. Nudia Augur

Changes yesterday made it much faster, but it still resets in the first phase if you aren't fast enough or don't drag a thug to the final stop.

Now likes to summon someone when he warps during illusions phase.

Overall, it's significantly faster now that he doesn't regen, but still buggy in new and exciting ways.
    Fenthen and Allayna like this.
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

Duder and Silvena like this.
  20. Duder Augur

In all honesty, quality assurance appears to be the company’s weakest points. They claim to perform it but so inadequately that I can only imagine that the oversight of the program is done by someone extremely unqualified for the position. Anyone who has been involved in QA to any degree would be appalled. I myself have a large professional QA background and am all but convinced that their “QA” program is a complete fallacy driven by people who do not have proper training or experience in the field. Quite possibly, even probable, that the “QA” is being performed by the same people who create the content.
    Fenthen likes this.