Cannot Reproduce /kickp raid issues

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Allayna, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Allayna Augur

Some things I've noticed with increased frequency since the launch of NoS:

People joining the raid hours after a mass raid invite went out and hours after using the command /kickp raid.

/advl getting bugged to only allow the option to leave item on corpse

The time of the one and only mass invite from the guild tool:
    [Wed Dec 14 13:22:09 2022] You formed a raid.

Someone joining long after the initial invite caused this, long after the /kickp raid command:
    [Wed Dec 14 13:49:11 2022] You formed a raid.

And again much later someone joined:
    [Wed Dec 14 17:59:52 2022] You formed a raid.

And yet again:
    [Wed Dec 14 19:25:10 2022] You formed a raid.

For the last one, I was afk and in the guild hall, so I was surprised when I sat down to play this morning and found myself in a raid from a raid invite I sent out 6 hours earlier.
    Midasa, Tyreel, Miminona and 14 others like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

If it helps, someone else threw out a mass invite, I noticed that upon zoning, no matter how long it has been, you get a fresh RI box to click.
  3. Allayna Augur

So these raid invites reappear after zoning, hours later, still, anyone else having these issues or this just a new Bristlebane thing since the release of NoS?
    Juwu likes this.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Definitely an issue here too. Very annoying at times
    Allayna likes this.
  5. Emilari UI Designer

This bug is still super annoying... I'm surprised it hasn't gained a few more likes over the current bonuses.
  6. TrueNorth Developer

Having some trouble reproducing this issue and need some additional information. Specifically, how to preserve the raid invite popup for an extended period of time?

If Player A raidinvites Players B and C, and B accepts, a raid is formed with A and B. If Player A then disbands the raid, Player C can accept the invite and form a new raid with Player A and C.

This is intended behavior and not a bug. However, a raid invite should expire after approximately 100 seconds, which it appears to do when testing internally.
  7. Allayna Augur

Zone. It extends many many hours later and "repops" back up after a zone. I have personally seen it at least 6 hours later, pop me back in a raid because someone zoned, then took that rogue raid invite pop up...that was sent 6 hours previously.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Salene_Luclin Journeyman

I came back from an afk and found I was back in a raid I had disbanded more than 3 hours before. I have also had raid invites pop up on char that I didn't have in a raid long after invites went out if they zoned. I also noticed that after as a raid leader and disbanding a raid if it did bug and someone joined after it disbands I will not receive a raid invite it says I am considering another.
  9. TrueNorth Developer

Still unable to reproduce this issue.

Zoning appears to reset the 100 second timer on the raid invite box, but the box still disappears 100 seconds after zoning.
  10. Salene_Luclin Journeyman

I think it is that someone zones gets the box and accepts that invitation. It also is keeping whoever sent original invite unable to receive an invite unless they log out
  11. Allayna Augur

Sure. But a raid invite from 6 hours ago…popping up a new RI box every zone is intended?
  12. TrueNorth Developer

Zoning with an invite box up resets the box timer, but once the box disappears it is not reappearing for me unless another invite is sent.
  13. Skurge Apprentice

I've experienced this issue many times after declining a raid invite then zoning and the raid invite pops up again.
  14. Miminona New Member

So I sent another toon of mine a raid invite. I did not accept the raid invite but this was a few days ago so I don't remember if I just ignored it (pretty sure it was that) or if I actually hit no. A little while later (far more than 100 seconds, probably more like an hour), I tried to send another raid invite to that same toon and it said she had a pending raid invite and couldn't accept. I zoned her and a raid invite box popped up, hit no, and she was able to take the new invite no problem. Similar happened to another toon, but when I got the message about a raid invite pending, I sent the invite to a different toon in the group who accepted it and the whole group was able to join the raid with no issues and after that the original toon was able to accept invites again. I'm not sure these issues were related to /kickp raid itself.
  15. Soulbanshee Augur

This is happening with guild "Invite all to raid", not the individual invite to raid. The box times out, the invite itself does not time out. The invite should be timing out with the box and not resetting when you zone. Ignore the part about kickp, has no bearing on this.

Send a guild "Invite all to raid"
    Wait for the box to time out
    Send another guild "Invite all to raid" (or until you get a message that the player already has a pending invite even though the box isnt up, may have to be from a different player)
    Zone the character with the phantom pending raid invite and no box
    Box for the first raid invite will reappear, and will start a new raid with the first leader even if the raid has already been disbanded (expected behavior, as the individual raid invite works, is if you zone with no box up, you should have no phantom pending raid invite refresh, should be cleared with the box)
  16. Tyreel Augur

Players have the option to uncheck "raid invite" under the Confirmations section in Options. With that option unchecked raid invites do not expire since there is no confirmation box. While unlikely is it possible these people have the confirmation turned off and are just joining an old unexpired raid invite thinking they are joining a different raid?
  17. Reptilian New Member

Sent out mass raid invite last night via guild roster "invite all to raid", finished raid, camped to character select, logged in this afternoon, saw message " soandso rejected your raid invite".

Presumably someone rejected a raid invite from last night that was still active even after I had logged out and slept.
    Allayna likes this.
  18. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this issue yet. If anyone affected can share additional reproduction steps for us to try, please comment them on this thread or via PM to me. Thanks!

Character name/server and timestamps and timezones for when you encountered the issue helps.
  19. Tegila Augur

sounds pretty easy to reproduce.
    The bug however, about already having an invite, isnt just for raid invites. That same bug happens with taskadds too, like multiple times a day for me where I have to zone before the add can be sent successfully(buddy will send to my whole group via hotkey so I can pick who to bring, sometimes im asleep when he sends though) I'll get the invite on everyone, but i click NO on who isnt going, and still 2/3 of the time those toons have to zone to get the next invite, it's not just when the invite's sat there for hours after quest is over, it happens with the declined ones as well just not 100%.

The raid invite refreshing hours later instead of expiring, even when the invite is no longer on screen, is part of the same bug. It's all about invites not expiring if they use the little popup window even after the window is SUPPOSED to have expired, something internally is NOT expiring. Then when you zone it refreshes and can be fixed...that refresh is where the 6hr old raid invites come from and how to fix raid, dz, and taskadd invites that say that member is currently considering another offer.

What part of the code this is is up to yall to figure out, but it's pretty obvious to me what it is: the 100sec or whatever expiration NOT taking effect in all parts(window, client, server, the zone, something) AND the part that was put in at some point in the last 10-12 years(as a former raidleader if you zoned you lost the invite, period, had to be resent at least back in RoF) that refreshes that invite upon zoning. Something in there that applies to all of the above (raid, taskadd, dzadd) using that same popup window, is NOT expiring until you zone and the addition of a refresh of that time upon zoning, whenever that addition was, it's all the same issue. Gets really annoying to me to need to zone to get an invite when i'd clicked NO on the last one and it still bugged out(previous poster mentioned clicking NO to raid invites then zoning and it pops back up) The only time it consistently doesnt bug out, is when i click yes to the initial invite. I'm sure people that do click yes and join the raid dont get another invite popup after they leave it and zone but if so that would be...more annoying...

Something is perpetuating the invites sent to a player, likely within the zone servers themselves, regardless whether theyve clicked NO or let it expire normally, until they move to a new zone(idk if evac works being in the same zone or not, havent tested..actually i think i did but i cant be sure due to my memory, but i believe i DID hit the selfsuccor on druid and was still unable to receive once, BUT DONT quote me on that , im kinda senile)

Due to the specific manor the invites are received (the popup), the expiration period put forth (though i believe taskadds are longer than 100 second..??..) and the fact it applies to more than 1 type of invite, i'd be curious to see if this ever happens to rezboxes or TL boxes (i doubt with TL or youd hear about it a lot more, with the whole Guild Anchor spell always massing the port thing and not having ANY way for the dru/wiz to just take the port themselves via clickie or selfonly spell, i cast it in open zones all the time though I wouldnt if there was any way for the dru to use that anchor alone as the rest of the group has their own anchors there - my dru has 1 anchor in housing like everyone else and 1 in another guild hall thus the guild anchor where others have their 2nd) Though it's very rare to not take a rez before it expires, and idk if those refresh after zoning if you DO miss them, i'd think clicking NO is also rare and if a new rez is received after zoning it could be assumed to have been just sent a second time. BUT if there is any connection in the coding between everything that uses these popups and their expirations and refreshes on zoning, or if theres any coding inside the zoneservers themselves relating to it, there's your culprit. Good luck finding that broken meatball in this 50gallon pot of spaghetti called EQcode lmao.
    Allayna likes this.
  20. Reptilian New Member

Send out mass raid invite.
    Camped a character that received the invite while the dialog box was still on screen.
    Log back in next day and the dialog is available to accept the raid invite.
    Click accept and it forces the raid originator back into raid window against their will.
    Allayna and Fenthen like this.