Sad news

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Diani, Dec 13, 2022.

1. Diani Augur

Today I learned that Pebbs of the AB server, former guildleader of Sovereign Crusaders and Brave New World passed away last week.

I wish all that knew her strength and hope they will remember the kindness and humor she showed playing this game. Following her into battle was always special, especialy because she maxed out the skill of following her own tail (Vashir).
    tanith, Duder, Wayylon and 13 others like this.
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

:( Sorry for your Servers loss.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

A bruise will fade, a broken bone mend, but a broken heart tears over and over and over again.

I am so sorry for your loss of a friend. Some of my EQ friends are closer to me than some of my family. I'm sure you are the same. /Comfort hugs
    Grove and Nennius like this.
  4. Qwalla Developer

I believe I have shared this before, but there's a poem about loss that I have turned to many times:

Your absence has gone through me
    Like thread through a needle.
    Everything I do is stitched with its color.
    (W.S. Merwin)

Loss is hard. I hope you can find comfort in the fact that her presence is not lost. Her impact lives on with you and everyone else she played with. You will always have those fond memories, and the strength, kindness, and humor she showed will still be "stitched" into your life. I'm very sorry for your loss and am sending positive thoughts to you and all those who are affected.
    arbre, Kucaniz, StoryBrooke and 10 others like this.
  5. Thunderkiks Augur

So sorry for your loss :(
  6. Dakenstaar New Member

Very sad to read that, i remember my days in BNW and the many group we had with Pebbs. It was a great time and a great guild, i have many good memories of that period and her leadership /hugs Diani
  7. Aldryn Another New Member

Very sorry to hear :( Condolences to her friends and family, in-game and out!

Cheers to Pebbs!
  8. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I'm very sorry for your loss. One of my good friends passed away in a hospital last evening from an unexpected illness.

I wish there was some way to honor our friends and family that played EQ with some kind of memorial within the game world. Being able to see some permanent marker or even a NPC named after the person might be an amazing way to keep them alive virtually.

This was done with an EQ guide that passed away 22 years ago, and to this day this guide patrols the cshome zone, ever vigilant. When I heard this story as a apprentice guide I was very moved by the compassion of SOE and their staff. Over the years, we have lost so many dear friends and family who played. I hope that they will consider this. Thanks.
    Janakin and demi like this.
  9. demi Augur

my condolences go out to the family & friends , its always sad to lose someone with which we make such good memories with.. its always a loss ..

I also agree with Brontus , they should have some way to honor are fallen commrades in the virtual world.. DB could sell statues in the marketplace that can have like a marker on it with a name imprinted on it or something .. and said statue could be placed within a house or guild hall .. or if that is too dificult maybe also like brontus said an NPC that could be placed which comes with an NPC name change so the name can be made of the fallen friend and placed in GH's or in a house .. etc.. said NPC in marketplace could have a choice when purchased for class/race and name .. so the NPC would mimic the fallen friends class/race that was played in game ..

I think its a great idea ..

Make it so #1
    Brontus and Janakin like this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Sadly were all getting old.
    Diani likes this.
  11. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Sorry for your loss.

Sadly, many of us here can relate to the OP's plight. A few years ago my RL friend who got me into to EQ was killed with his 9 year old son and another man in a boating accident. Miss him to this day.
  12. Runes Augur

Damn dont know this person, mean nothing to me, but still tear up when I read these and the impact I see they had on others in a pixel game
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!