Otherworldly Focus of Fortitude and Otherworldly Focus of Heroism

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Nightops Augur

There is a charm also.
    Allayna likes this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's because at some point, around TBL, the devs decided they no longer wanted players to play and enjoy the game however they want. They made a definitive decision to try and force players to play the game only one way...their way.

They no longer want people playing the game the way they want to...they only want people playing the game they (the devs) decide it should be played, in order to make people play thru the content they created. The game has moved away from an open world, multi-player RPG to an almost linear, closed world, first person shooter. They've long since given up caring about what the players think. A couple of the newer devs seem to care about feedback and listening to what players say, but the veteran devs seem to have no interest in any of that.
  3. Tucoh Augur

My recommendation as someone who really benefits from all the T3 gear and can blast through all the missions verrry quickly:
    • Add type 5 and type 7/8 aug bits to group vendor
    • Add the tier 3 gear to as normal loot table entries on named NPCs, so they can be effectively farmed for specific pieces
    • Decrease the loot and group currency provided by doing missions so they aren't an overwhelming loot pinata folks run through as part of their normal routine
    • Increase the loot and group currency from rare NPCs
    • Revitalize the concept of hotzones by having a daily hotzone that rotates between the 7 NoS zones. Hotzones have double rares and a daily quest to kill rares that rewards with group currency. Mix it up so the weekends don't have the same zone everytime.
    • Next expansion just skip T2. Make T1 tradeable and have a level 120 requirement and make T2 tradeskilled and rare.
    scaethach, Petalonyx and Knifen like this.
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Add more stuff to vendor but reduce the only source of currency? Either lockouts need removed or currency needs tripled. It’s already way too low.
  5. Tucoh Augur

• Increase ... group currency from rare NPCs
    • Hotzones have ...daily quest to kill rares that rewards with group currency
    KushallaFV likes this.
  6. strongbus Augur

as i said in beta thread. it feels like they want people to have to use the non ts stuff and only have the ts stuff for some slots(at lest at 1st as exp goes on that will change). if so just scrap the ts level being full gear. Make the ts level a aug that fits into t1/t2 drop stuff.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Whiffed on that, but man do I hate hunting rare mobs.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Assuming the rewards are the same, would you rather spend 10 hours repeating a mission or spend 2 hours running a mission and 8 hours hunting different rare mobs in different zones?
    Wdor likes this.
  9. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Missions. Absolutely over rare hunting. Missions have mechanics and gameplay that provides reward for time spent. I like a good grind spot for xp or hanging out, but I vastly prefer missions for gear acquisition.
    Yinla, Straahdx and Tucoh like this.
  10. FYAD Augur

Raiders don't leave after 2-3 months. The bulk of us play and subscribe all year long anyways. This group game grind only makes us invest more grind time outside of raids and leads to frustration because the eq group game isn't actually that fun.
    Kendeth, Allayna and Laronk like this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Trying to understand the logic involved in making this new system.

But all I kept thinking of was:

[IMG]
  12. Laronk Augur

With a mission you know its probably going to take a certain amount of time. If play time is limited then for sure missions > rares.
    Allayna likes this.
  13. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Can we do rare mobs in missions with 6 hour lockouts again?
  14. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

What items can be made with the Otherwordly Focus of Heroism. EQTC doesn't have any recipes up for it yet (at least what I could not find).
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't think I like you.o_O
  17. alanus Augur

Just make it so mission chests are guaranteed to drop one of the new TS "ores". That way it'll still be more rare, but not so rare that you gotta run 100 just to see one of the kind you want drop. I have seen a drop rate of like 1 in 5 or so for just one of them, which does seem a bit rare
  18. Kalamos Augur

Gialana, Sissruukk and Svann2 like this.
  19. Zunnoab Augur

Increasing the drop rates won't fix the system being a dumpster fire.

It's not just the absurd rarity.

It's not just the excessive amount of different types adding another layer of rot-encouraging randomized insanity.

It's not just that the items give zero in-game feedback what they are even for, at best indicating slot, resulting in people that can use them letting them rot and people that don't need them looting them.

It's not just the fact aug stuff shares the same loot table as gear stuff.

All of these things make this a horrible system. I like the expansion. I'm shaking my head this made it through enough of a hierarchy of people to be approved to be implemented, even after near universal dislike on beta.

This is truly a "How many layers of people did this make it through to go live, and did they not see this coming?" situation.

I love the expansion actually. This not so much. But hey they are so rare I can almost pretend these don't even exist!
    Velisaris_MS, Ozon, Marton and 2 others like this.
  20. demi Augur

was this armor system even brought up in beta discussions ? I'm referring to the T3 rare drops and being item/slot specific ?

this is not a good system from what I've been reading .. I've read the T2 is easier to get .. so i'll prolly just stick to T2 armor and slowly fill in T3 as/if/when i can .. and hopefully they do not continue this line with the next expansion ..

I'm sure if one sits in zone though there will be alot of rots available :p