Not A Bug Wizard Spell Issue

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Daktarr, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Daktarr Lorekeeper

On Beta, Wizards were given a nice PBAE magic damage spell that actually did something besides agro the mobs. When it went live, obviously someone mistakenly replaced it with an untested version. This new version, instead of doing damage, absconds you to a safe spot in the zone. I found it very hard to DPS any mob while being ported out, so if you could fix this error ASAP it would be appreciated.

Daktarr - 120 Level Wizard, AB
  2. ChiiChii Augur

Damn, i missed seeing a PBAE from spell NPC in PoK. Exfiltrate offers no benefit, period. What was the PBAE magic spell called please?
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

I just love to see detailed bug reports.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  4. Daktarr Lorekeeper

When it first came out, it was called New Ether Shard Strike, then the renamed it to Lightening Strike or something like that, I forget.

~Daktarr
  5. ChiiChii Augur

thank you. how was it obtained in beta, please? dont remember seeing it on the beta spell vendor.
  6. kizant Augur

It's a spell for the mage clickie. The only way you may have gotten it in beta is when the NPC for auto granting spell was bugged and it would have given you anything usable by wizards.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  7. Aaragonn New Member

Hello,

I enjoyed plaing beta. The GM Ngreth told me, that the developers are aware of the problem with the lack of damage wizards do at the moment.

When i saw that we got the spell "New Ether Shard Strike" in beta i was surprised, because this spell is a nice PBAE spell. I thought that is the 1st step in the right direction of rebalancing DPS.

Unfortunately on live servers we got a spell "Exfile" which we did not get on beta server.

Like Daktarr wrote, i think it is a mistake.

Please give us the PBAE spell "New Ether Shard Strike" like you did on beta.

Kind regards
    Aaragonn
  8. kizant Augur

Exfiltrate was on beta and had briefly been called New Depart. New Ether Shard Strike was never a new Wizard spell. It's a spell on a summoned item that mage's get. It just so happens to be flagged Mage/Wizard usable. If you want to use it get a Mage to summon you one.
  9. Aaragonn New Member

Hello,

thank you for the answer kizant.

I did not thow it was something for mages only. I thought SoE did finaly boost the wizards DPS, giving us that spell.

So i am still waiting for a serious WIZ DPS increase.

Regards
    Aaragonn
  10. Daktarr Lorekeeper

The summoned mage item you are referring to is not an AE spell, it is a single nuke clicky. We had this, it was an actual wizard spell, and the mage had their new nuke clicky too. Never had the Depart as I recall, or never loaded it as it is useless. This was called lightning something, was 80ksih PBAE and the recast time was almost zero.

~Daktarr
  11. Daktarr Lorekeeper

I just checked my log, it was originally called New Ether Shard Strike and was a wizard spell, not a clicky from mage. And while we are on the subject, I just checked out the Exfiltrate spell, and it does not protect me with anything that I can see, and it takes slightly longer to cast than abscond, so as I said, useless. (Probably can fail like gate too no doubt)
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I haven't notice any protection either, but are you sure it isn't because your zoning-time is longer than 6 seconds? Maybe the protection just fades away before you have finished loading?

Have someone tried to inspect buffs on another wizard, immediately when he pops at the succor point?

I think the protection should last longer than 6 seconds, 30 seconds is more fitting, and maybe add some invis/IVU for 30 secs too. At least that way you would have a chance even if the succor point was trained...
  13. Aaragonn New Member

Hello,

if the mage spell is not "New ether shard strike" the only conclusion is, that it was a WIZ PBAE spell (as intended).

So it is missing on live servers, because on beta servers we (WIZ) did have it.

Please fix that.

Regards
    Aaragonn
  14. Sancus Augur

No, the correct conclusion is that, like Kizant said, the PBAE spell you're referring to is an effect on a Magician clicky item.

There are two Wizard/Magician usable Magician summoned clicky nukes in NoS. One is summonable on demand, is called Voidfrost Paradox, is a single target DD, and casts Voidfrost Paradox (orignially called New Frostbound Paradox). The second is summoned from the new cauldron spell (30 minute reuse random summon), is called Summoned: Darkshine Staff, is a PBAE DD, and casts Coronal Blast (originally called New Ether Shard Strike).

The only bug, like Kizant said, is that Lorekeeper was incorrectly scribing spells that players were not intended to have.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  15. Kendeth Augur

New Ether Shard Strike was renamed to Coronal Blast during beta when spells got their new names:
    11/16/2022 - Spell Name changed from 'New Ether Shard Strike' to 'Coronal Blast'

Coronal Blast is the spell on one of the clicky item that gets summoned by the new mage cauldron: https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=109889

The clicky once summoned by a mage is usable by both mages and wizards.
  16. Aaragonn New Member

Hello,

thank you for the explanation.

Regards
    Aaragonn
    ChiiChii likes this.
  17. ChiiChii Augur

Thank you all for your replies. I am quite grateful the data in Lucy helped me track down from where the PBAE 70K came. Tis exactly as written above. /hat tip