Otherworldly etc too rare?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tegila, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Nightops Augur

WTF

Just play the game.

In two or three months you will look back on all of this and realize your drama was for nothing.

And sooo what if you only get 20 of the 25ish otherworldly items you would like per character. What does that amount too... 3k mana? 4k hps? 65ac? in total difference from similar T2 items? Like 1% of your characters totals these days?

If I want Best in Slot available for my raid character, how long do you think it takes to fill those 22 slots? I certainly won't be running numbers to try to figure out my chances of getting a full set before August.
    Sancus and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

They don't even have to test drop rates...just use the data from the previous expansion. It's all going to be the same...the same types of items will drop off of the same types of mobs. Whatever the final drop rates ended up being in the previous expansion, just start with that.
  3. Dharken Elder

Hey, Why dont you NOT level to 120? How about you only get level 100 buffs? How about you only use items from CoV or before? Thats like what? 7% worth of expansions overall?

--We are playing the game, and we would like to do the best we can. When we have this large of a bottle neck, we have the right to want it resolved. Who cares? We do. Go play the game your way, we will play it our.
  4. Razorfall Augur

They need to just scrap this whole TS gear system. Have one non-vis item per expansion that has a long quest progression that requires TS and call it a day.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ive seen a couple in missions and have done about 2x that. Unfortunately they were none for augs.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

OTOH, getting the best should not be too easy.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  7. Nightops Augur

Nice comparison. Factual too.

I said before, when people put up unrealistic numbers, it goes against their case. The guy said a million boss kills to get a 0.01% chance at a full set of 25.
    --------------

***Disclaimer*** My math is basic, it's not exact.

Quick math... 1 drop in 2 missions has been my average. Lets say you want Otherworldly made items for 25 slots/augs/weapons. That is 50 missions on average to get 25 otherworldly drops (mind you, I said drops not exact slots needed). Now, there are multiple Otherworldly items for each slot, (bow and idol for range slot) and multiple need for the same item (bracers, rings, earrings, augs) and some which you may not need (assume 22 different otherworldly items). You then have a ~2.25% chance of getting what you want from each mission chest that you open; EVERY TIME you open a mission chest. You have that same 2.25% chance on your first time or your last time. The difference is for your FIRST otherworldly item, you will accept any of those 25 items which you desire, giving you a 50% chance you will get something that you need. When you have 24 otherworldly items, you still have a 2.25% chance of opening a chest and getting what your looking for. Your chances do not get infinitely smaller for your last item. Now, for the disclaimer... this 2.25% chance does not mean you will get the exact 25 items you are looking for in 50 mission chests; there is the RNG factor, luck, duplication, drop rate % of each item only known behind the curtain, and of course your personal desire for each item (# of augs).

Sooo... yes, there should be some changes made to the system. But increasing the drop rate is NOT the solution. Increasing drop rates from mission chests only means you have more chances at the 2.25%. Putting 1 drop per chest only gives you a ~4.5% chance of getting what you want; which if the devs implemented, the same people would still be complaining because the so called -fix in their minds- wasn't really a fix in the end. Which would only result in the same people complaining again because they didn't get their full set of Best in slot in the first week after the fix.

If you want changes, you should be advocating for a purchase system or a turn-in exchange system.

Maybe do a hybrid for both... putting the otherworldly aug molds on the vendor for purchase and putting in an NPC for trading unwanted otherworldly vis/non vis slot items at a 3-1 or 4-1 rate.

But again.. this post started on the first day and its only the 6th day now. THE 6TH DAY! In the recent past expansions, Devs have always increased drop rates after the expansion is a few months old. The same applies to raid chests. The only difference has been raids have a purchase system in place.

There will be good and bad with the raid purchase system also. But that's another rant for another day. I can't wait to find out how soon the BP mold part goes to alts because every main went out an vendor purchased their BP mold.
    Nennius and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  8. Nightops Augur

The other thing which should be noted, no one really knows right now if all of the otherworldly items have the same drop rates or if different items are linked to different mission chests or drop tables from named mobs. This is all way too soon to make any valid numbers or build drop tables.

I've have seen about 1 drop per 2 missions. Maybe its closer to 40%.

I've done about 25 missions across all of my characters and killed about 20 named mobs (~15 in T2; 5 in T1) here is the list of otherworldly things...

4 type 7/8 augs (at least 3 from named in T2, 1 from Under Siege? mission chest)
    5+ belts (I think 4 at least from SH mission and 1 from T1 named)
    3 earrings
    2 masks
    1 range idol
    1 charm
    1 ring
    1 amice
    1 neck
    1 boot
    1 helm
    1 glove or bracer (i dont remember)
    1 shield
    1 power (2h weapon)

The only thing I can say from my list, it feels to me, like the otherworldly vis-armor slot items are rare. By now, I would have expected more then 3 vis-armor slot items. Maybe bad luck or bad RNG, or maybe some other factor. I understand not seeing every slot yet, but only 3 out of the 7 slots and no duplicates seems rarer then the non-vis.
  9. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Another pain point related to this, is how prohibitively expensive it is to upgrade gear with Type 3 augs in them. 30k per upgrade basically. Doing the armor combines with vendor components is costly as well at 20+k per piece. People might be a lot more willing to bother with Tier 1 and Tier 2 if it wasn't so costly and such a hassle to deal with from that perspective.

In theory you might equip a set of Tier 1 first, then work your way to Tier 2, then Tier 3. But the way the system is set up, nobody in their right mind bothers with the first 2 tiers.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  10. Marton Augur

18 missions. Got 1 Otherwordly (mask). No polite way how to says it but this system blows.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  11. Zarkdon Augur

I am a new character, I want the tradeskill armor to be able to raid. Instead of trying to get 15-30 missions to gear myself out I have to run dozens? How does that make any sense. Group gear should not ever be hard to get. They should hand it out like pistols in Texas.

I bet you that 90% of casual players never run 15 missions in a year, let alone 60.
  12. Nudia Augur

60 will not get you anywhere near a set of tradeskill gear. You're probably looking at hundreds. The T2 gear is easy, at least!
  13. Petalonyx Augur

I hope they add T3 Otherworldly drops to the group vendor. The RNG is too much. Make it expensive on the vendors if needed.
  14. Alnitak Augur

26 character lvl 120. 2 BST, 6 MAG, 1 Nec - pet classes needing EM focus.
    2 zerkers, 2 SK, 1 PAL - needing 2H weapons
    5 Bards, 2 Rangers, 3 rogues - needing 1H weapons.

1, just 1 character ever raids with BB open raids on Thursdays. In last 7 months it was about 80 raid wins with 2 ores each (I am averaging). 54 people in every raid, Probability says I should have won 3 ores. And I've won exactly 3 ores.
    And then there were a few CoV raids with more ore. So, overall 3 mages and 2 beastlords have raid earrings. 3 mages and the necro use group EM.
    So far, I did 18 missions. 1 item of Heroism dropped (primary BST made +115Hdex Type 5 aug) and one of the mages looted Otherwordly earring clasp and now has EM25 earring.
    And I now have set up crews to run the missions daily after work.

My primary characters will have critical gear at raid-level and secondaries will use Tier 2. Only few T3 items need to be farmed (EM earrings for mages etc.) The rest will be T2 just fine.

Overall, if any gear piece is very critical, it seems the raid gear is easier to get than T3 group gear. But it's the preference anyway. So overall Otherwordly drop rate is just meh, but not a show-stopper.
  15. Evye Augur

I feel like the otherworldly aug parts are pretty rare.
    5+ names and.... 23 ish missions run I've seen 2 otherworldly aug parts dropped.
    The aug parts should drop like 8x ( or how ever many augs there are) more than say the Chest piece right?
    Otherworldly as a whole is super rare in missions let alone one you actually need.
    Allayna likes this.
  16. Nightops Augur

You got 1 item out of 18 chests? Do you mean your character looted one item (and other drops went to others in the group or couldn't use the slot upgrade) -OR- 1 otherworldly item has dropped in 18 mission chests? Either way, your RNG and luck is extremely bad.
  17. Nightops Augur

....o_O
    Treiln likes this.
  18. Tegila Augur

except there are slotspecific and itemspecific drops not 1 universal one so NO, it is NOT the same rate.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  19. Tegila Augur

see your luck is entirely different from the numbers i'm getting reported too. you have 24 in 45(estimated) which is waaay higher than my data of 29 in 186 total(but i also have reports that the selenelion, aka slot 18 piece, neverdrops with otherwordly and therefore shares a loottable, AND therefore the 8 seen along with the 29 otherwordly makes it more concerning.

Updated data, rate, etc from gathering data on my server, with 186 kills or missions, 36 being missionchests the rest being named, bulk of which now T2 only(beginning had SOME t1, but not many) the rate of otherwordly drops is now approx 1 in 6.4 nameds/chests. and say for a knight who can use either an idol or bow(could be both but that just means need 1 more drop total) say 2 slot 7 2 dmg 1 slot 5 2 wrist 2 finger 2 ear etc etc...27 drops total but since only idol or bow typically 27drops out of possible 28(its not exact bc need 4 of one same drop and only actually 22 unique drops) to get those 27drops mathematically need 698.4 bosses/chests at our gathered data rate.

TO NOTE: not one single Fortitude drop, the one that would need FOUR of and Knightops claims to have gotten 4 in 24 we have 0 in 29, (19% of needed drops in this scenario) has dropped. not 1 single one. and i guarantee the rates are not adjusted by need, betting finger ear wrist slots are not twice the rate of chest arm leg etc, and guarnatee fortitude being for slots 7 and 4 are not 2 to 4times teh rate in their algorithm either, if they were we wouldnt have 0 in 29 drops. but at this updated rate, now need 11.5bosses/chests every single day for an entire year to outfit a whole group.

note: because theres no telling WHEN in those 27needed drops any doubles are acquired etc, cant adjust for actual numbers, if first 3 drops are finger wrist and ear vs not, or if first 4 drops are fortitude(2 dmg and 2 slot 7s) or if none of the first 23 usable drops are fortitude. if first 4 drops are fortitude then it starts with drop 5 being 23/25 chance per named etc. but if the fortitude, like in our data, isnt dropped, its a 1 in 22 chance 4 times in a row, except we dont know if the rates are equal. at 1 in 22 that's 4.5% or 140.8 bosses/chests PER aug, 563 for the last 4...... first 4 drops mathematically should take about 29.2 for exampl.
  20. Tegila Augur

thats a big ouch. and proof the RNG is horrible