Lucent Cloak of the Selenelion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eaedyilye, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I got the Lucent Cloak of the Selenelion last night. As most people know, it's the new evolving item from NOS.

What I have to ask, how do you evolve this cloak? I looked all over and I've found little to no information on the steps to evolve it.
  2. Riou EQResource

so far Champion -> Paragon -> Challenger, EXP to level up to 2/2 in between

This leaves 3 levels after as unknowns
    Svann2, Tacoheals, Marton and 2 others like this.
  3. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
  4. Marton Augur

Guessing, maybe hunter, collections, and raids for the remaining 3 levels?
  5. Shredd Augur

to max it Devs said in beta that all /ach in NoS will need done. . like the tbl chase items.
  6. Toukan Augur

At least the TBL stuff told you what needed doing. I'm at claim reward, its green lit, but the only reward is the same cloak ....
    Laurana, Velisaris_MS and Svann2 like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Requiring the faction grind quests for the first step of the evolution seems like an oversight. Feels like it should be Champion -> Paragon -> and some combination of Darklight Faction / Challenger / Hunter / Scavenger -> Conquerer -> Vanquisher.

edit: After going through it the faction grind quest is a pretty modest grind and is fine as being included in the chase item's first evolution.
    Laurana likes this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Lucent Cloak of Celine Dion.
    Nennius, Elyssanda, Andarriel and 2 others like this.
  9. MagicMysteryTour Journeyman

Champion first just wastes folks kills. It by far is way more work time and effort then Paragon. Should be Paragon > Champion > Hunter Collects Special Mission Achievements then raid stuff. Not the same thing but don't think they would put Vanquisher before Conqueror for the raid stages which would similar to champion first.
    Laurana likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

More than 2 levels?

When it droped for us is showed the item as level 1/2, nothing to say there was any more levels after that.
  11. Kendeth Augur

That level 1/2 is just to get it to the "Aged" version of the current level, then the box becomes available to convert it to the next level of the cloak if you have the needed achievement.

It's the same way the rallos zek earring worked in ToV where it showed 1/2 and then at 100% became a bloodied version until you converted it to the next level of the earring.

Just to clarify, there is no quest in between each step, as long as you have the achievement you can just convert it anywhere.
    Duder and Riou like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thanks for this, i wont pass on it next time it drops. :)
    Elyssanda and Gialana like this.
  13. Sancus Augur

Level 5 requires Hunter.
    Elyssanda, Duder, Swiss and 4 others like this.
  14. Swiss Augur

Am I reading it correctly that it does: Dropped version, Champion, Paragon, Challenger, Hunter, then unknown so far?
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

shouldnt be to bad hunter only avg like 7 a zone could be lot worse. Probably by level 5 it requires everything done in NoS achievement wise.
  16. Sancus Augur

Correct. We know cloak #6 is not Scavenger, which means it's likely Conqueror. That leaves Scavenger and Vanquisher (or both) as possible requirements for the final cloak (#7). We won't know for sure until at least March.
    Covennx and Swiss like this.
  17. Swiss Augur

thanks
  18. Ayragon New Member

If you get this cloak after completing come of the progression do you have to redo it? Or does it jump up to the level at which you have completed?
  19. Covennx Augur

You do not have to redo progression. Each time you claim the reward from evolving it, it will check if you have the required progression step to claim the next reward. If not, it will offer you the same item back.
  20. Ayragon New Member

Thanks Covennx thats great news. Is there a way to force it to update? Also does it switch levels by itself or do you have to manually kick it to the next level? Reason I ask is that my box has a cloak, but its considerably lower in % as he didn't get it for some time after the first one.