ShadowHaven Faction Issue...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hildegarn, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Hildegarn New Member

New shadowhaven is apparently on the same faction as old (haven defenders). Lets assume someone WAY back in the day was a might bit naughty and is KOS to that faction. Currently upon zoning in unless I am invised I am instakilled by the guards even in what is supposed to be noncombat areas of the city. There is no easy way to fix this nor is there a potion of peace for that faction. How is one supposed to progress if this is the case?.....
    Fleebagg, hiallya, Svann2 and 9 others like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

The guards can also be aggro'd but don't defend their borders.
  3. ChiiChii Augur

Not that this would be resolution, but are there faction reset potions in DB store for Haven's Defenders?
    Scorz likes this.
  4. Dharken Elder

I've encountered this as well, and then killing them yielded some pretty significant negative hits. There are a couple quests in old Luclin that can be done to up it, but I would appreciate it if we could get them non combatant and off of the old factions.
    Silvena and Angahran like this.
  5. Scorz New Member

I have this issue right now no idea how to fix it. A potion would be fantastic.
    Silvena likes this.
  6. Mkorak New Member

I am in the same unpleasant situation. A way to repair this faction (e.g. a mob to kill) would be great. The quest npc's in old Luclin are on the same factions that where damaged so no way to use these quests to get out of this situation.
    Silvena likes this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Accidentally aggroing/killing the guards in NoS Shadowhaven is really really bad, because they do become KoS and whomp on unsuspecting passersby.

Killing the Shadowhaven trash mobs should really be providing positive faction hits to Shadowhaven guards of all factions, in both expansions.

There's also a huge mass of old vendors up that I reported back in beta (and was ignored) so it really seems like the zone designer here did a copy/paste/FOH and didn't care to remove the irrelevant trash.
    Silvena, Mkorak, Svann2 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Mkorak New Member

I really hope they take a serious look into this and comparable issues. These are the small things that really damage the game experience.
    Fenthen and Silvena like this.
  9. Ryhme Lorekeeper

this must be a heavy design bug!!!

I only did the progression, now twice and suddenly get attacked by guards. That means that something in the progression gives negative faction hits and that leads guards attacking me. The result was surprise and killing the lblue guys. That resulted in MEGA faction hits up to 75 per kill.

Sorry devs, that is cleary something which can not be intended. Additionally to the old Shadow Haven Faction issue now. I intended to do the progression for a couple of toons. My main tank will then be so dark dark KOS that hopefully every guard explodes when I enter the zone...

I pledge for

1. a free faction correction potion for Shadow Haven
    2. correction / check of all progression tasks for faction issues
    Svann2 likes this.
  10. code-zero Augur

11. Herf Augur

Serves you murdering SOBs right! :D :D :D
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

I zoned out of the When One Door Closes mission, and was immediately attacked by guards at that zone out spot.

Please fix.
  13. Twink New Member

Yes this needs to get fixed.
    My group was camping the named underbulk for hunters and to evolve our cloaks and would accidently get guard agro. Now Porting from guildhall port...dead..finish One door closes mission...dead...
    Ryhme and Fenthen like this.
  14. Twink New Member

Sorry, I couldn't find an edit button to add to my last post.
    I did research and there are only 3 quests in the original Luclin Shadowhaven that can raise this faction and if you are kos you can't even get them the quest givers attack you....Seriously this needs to be fixed.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. BeenThereDoneThat New Member

The Quest in Shadow Haven - Smuggler Reports raises Haven Defenders faction by +30 each time. The quest NPCs are on House of Fordel faction. You can raise this by killing a bunch of NPCs in Echo Caverns <https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=239> in about 3 minutes or you can take the slow boat and do the Steaon's Deliveries quest in the Bazaar for +2 House of Fordel Faction bump each time.

Once you are dubious repeat the Smuggler Reports quest a few times and you are golden. No more getting jumped in New Shadow Haven.

Either way, it is possible to repair your Haven Defenders faction with existing in-game mechanisms
    FYAD and code-zero like this.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

There shouldn't be a fix to 2023 faction problems all the way back in 2002.

I'm glad to see this is escalated to QA In Progress.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Cut & Paste NPC strikes again.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Zarkdon Augur

No this is excellent game design. NPCs don't forget, so be nice to everyone in Norrath, you never know when they will suddenly level up and kill you.
    Deux and code-zero like this.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

Kitty city certainly forgot about my murder spree there...
    Silvena likes this.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

If they ever put Sanctus Seru in the game with original factions, I'm screwed. Thanks "arena filled with mobs for slayer achivements"! :D
    Sissruukk and Silvena like this.