Tradeskill Depot & Bank

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Termination321, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Termination321 New Member

How neat would "Auto-Bank" feature be if it automatically dumps it in the depot vs in bank currently.
    Hobitses and Allayna like this.
  2. Forum_Quester New Member

Once the depot is fixed and doesn't delete all items after you log off, I agree this would be a good feature.
    Allayna and Silvena like this.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

If you have more slots than stacks, that might be handy.
  4. Aanuvane Augur

You can pick up whole bags and click over the Tradeskill Depot to move all eligible items at one time from that bag.
  5. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Yes I have to see that was an INCREDIBLY GOOD feature. Thank you to whatever dev made this happen as moving around TS items is pretty cumbersome for me anyway.
  6. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

It would have been so handy to know this prior to my moving a huge amount of my tradeskill stash (on mulitple characters) into the depot. That will be really lovely, though, when I get back from an adventure and am emptying my bags into the shared bank (after selling off the vendor trash, of course).
  7. Angahran Augur

Currently have 490 slots in the depot and I see we can by more in 10 or 20 increments. Anyone know if there is a max size for the depot ?

Currently have 2 or 3 characters, each with 3 houses, maxxed out with TS stuff so not sure 490 slots is going to cut it as a replacement.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

max size is 5,000 slots.
    Angahran likes this.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

5000-490=4510
    4510/20=225.5
    225.5x500= 112,750 station cash needed to max it out IF you bought the 490 version to start
  10. demi Augur

how much is 112,750 DBC in US $'s ? just curious

not sure if my math is right , but i come up with $955 US dollars ?

10,000 DBC for $85 US
    85 X11 = $935 US
    2000 DBC for $20

$935 + $20 = $955

and actually would need another 750 DBC so add another 10 Bucks for 1000 DBC .. to that total for $965 US ..

will there be peeps out there that will spend that kind of $'s on the TS depot slots ?
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Don't forget the 10% discount that members get on all purchases so it will be a bit lower.
    demi likes this.
  12. Riou EQResource

There is the 10% off for all access as well, can also wait for the like once or twice a year they do 20% off instead
  13. demi Augur

aye , totally forgot about the 10% off for all access or the 20% sales at times .. :p

so $965 us - 10% = Total : $868.50

and for 20% discount = Total : $772 .. roughly +-

also All Access had 500 DBC free every month but would take awhile to save up enough . guess if you used your 500 free DBC each month for 1 20 slot TS depot slot you could accumulate 240 slots per year ..
  14. Angahran Augur

Honestly that seems a little steep, do they really expect anyone to spend roughly $1000 ?
    Now, if the buyable items were 100 or 200 slot for the same price, I could see people willing to spend $100 to max it out.
  15. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

There was that one guy who bought all those 20 slot bags for his inventory and bank when they first came out... I forget the tally, but it was several hundred USD.

In reality, the price point is the equivalent of the 40 slot TS bags:
    1000DBC/40 Slots = 25 DBC/slot
    25 DBC/slot * 20 slots = 500 DBC

I skipped all the discount stuff just because the math is simpler this way and it would equally apply to each situation.

The big thing is that there's 5000 max slots available, that's the equivalent of 125 of the 40-slot TS bags.

I'd like to see the price point dropped a little, simply due to the vast amount of available TS items and how generally unpopular TS's are in EQ. It seems like squeezing extra hard on those who could really use the space and who put in a lot of time and effort.

I haven't tested an expander to see if it applies to the whole account or just one server or what. If it is account-wide, that's pretty big for quite a few players.

There's also the fact that each slot can stack up to 99,999 of an item.

So I was in a bit of sticker shock when I learned there were 5000 slots and it was 20 slots for 500DBC... but if you look at everything it does and the comparable costs prior to the Depot.. it isn't that bad of a deal. I do still think it should be more obtainable, but it isn't like they added an outrageous money grab with it.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see anybody spending much on the personal TS depot, since it's only the one char who can use it. Or am I missing something, and can all the chars on the same account/server use it?

Even if that's the case, for those with multiple accounts, it still doesn't help with those chars. That's why I'm waiting for the guild depot to be available. Will continue to use player housing until then.
  17. Aanuvane Augur

It is shared by all the characters on the same account by server. So, in my case, I have a tinker, an alchemist and my main tradeskiller all on one account on the same server - they all share it. It is also my understanding that if you buy slots, they are account wide/for all servers. I don't have to buy slots on Povar and buy slots on another server if I also happen to play there (Edit - I just confirmed this - I normally play on Povar - I just logged in on Aradune and that character also has 490 slots available in the TS Depot).
    klanderso, demi and Tatanka like this.
  18. Raptorjesus5 Augur

There is no reason to max out the depot. I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than 1k items that are actually worth hoarding. If you aren't going for 350 tradeskills, or already have 350 tradeskills then anything more than 500 probably isn't even needed.

The depot is aimed at things you repeat combines anyways, IMO.

Plus it's not like we lost bank storage. Filling up your bank with the cheap tradeskill bags is still over 750 slots.
    Wdor likes this.
  19. Aanuvane Augur

I have opened my my TS inventory to multiple friends in search of TS items as they also go for 350 and I have worked multiple alts to 300+, so there are some of us crazies out there who need more than 500 of things. Now I agree I don't need 52,000 roots - but I'm happy to have them only take one slot now. :p
    demi and Elyssanda like this.
  20. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The tradeskill depot is a "limited" space shared bank that holds only tradeskill items. It's easier to use it to consolidate and trade those items between characters on the same account with a larger 'bag space" to do so. In the past you would have split up the storage of items across characters or houses, with one or more accounts, so that hasn't changed just now with a bigger single shared space.

But, I fully agree on the sticker shock for the additional slots. OUCH. The number of slots in the expanders are really very paultry for the price. I guess, though, they need to justify the "value" of the F&F since it has tradeable slots. I will admit, if I had known the price of the expanders earlier, I probably would have gotten F&F instead of PE and gotten the expansion for all three of my accounts (I got a normal on my second and none on my 3rd for now).

I have hopes for the guild depot but I am sure it's not going to be cheap, will require the expansion to use, and will have it's own limits with a price tag attached to expand.