60 epic Mage, haven't played since day 1 of Velious, how far behind am I?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Petkiller, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Petkiller Styxs

I don't have hardly any raid gear from Kunark, but I do have some decent raid gear from Classic and some good group stuff from Kunark. Zero gear from Velious due to the burnout hitting me after pulling multiple all nighters grinding for my epic. Would it even be worth it for me to go back and experience Velious, or should I jump right into Luclin?
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Go with Luclin. You really aren't missing a whole lot from Velious. You could maybe grind some faction and find people to help you with a visible armor set. There probably won't be a ton of raiding Velious, having access to Vex Thall, SSra, and Emp. You'll get what you want/need just by jumping into Luclin and save yourself from the Velious faction stuff.

If you're into the whole tradeskill thing, you could go back and do the Brell's Shawl in Velious and upgrade to the final form. Still not "needed" and not worth the investment if you're not a big tradeskiller. (Yes needed for the 2.0/3.0 way down the line, but that's far enough away to not bother right now)/
    Nick Danger likes this.
  3. Petkiller Styxs

Thanks! I had a buddy of mine tell me the same thing. I've never been big into tradeskills so I'll wait for now on the Shawl.
    Nick Danger likes this.
  4. Bewts Augur

FWIW: If you’re doing shawl solely for the mana regen - come Luclin you’ll be capping flowing thought fairly quickly in VT gear.

Granted the shawl’s buff extension is a different topic but IDK how applicable it will be for a mage…
  5. Xhartor Augur

Velious items is most ac/hp so you didn't miss much.
    Lulclin, PoP, all see considerable advancements in gear itemization for the different classes.
    Biggest problem about being a mage in Luclin, is the Kunark pet, and no aggro control on long fights.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

OP has their epic pet, which is tops until the higher PoP ones. IIRC, Tanking, the epic pet was better than the 61 pet, but just as additional DPS, the air pet did more. (61 pet hit harder, but no DS which was considerable while pet tanking).
    Meridian likes this.
  7. Chyron Lorekeeper

Level 60 mage with epic isn't behind at all. Get your VT key while remembering how to play, and some initial AA. Get the pet hold discipline first if you plan to raid.

Join a guild, raid, get friends to raid Kunark and Velious on off-nights, and enjoy.