Ecliptic? I dont get it

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by strikemaster, Dec 8, 2022.

1. strikemaster Journeyman

Just bought my Ecliptic spell for my ranger. It allowed me to scribe it in the spellbook, but when I click on it to try and put it in my slot to use, it says "I am not high enough level". I thought that you could use Rank I and then move up to higher ranks through quests/tasks, what am I doing wrong?
  2. Duder Augur

There are two in your spellbook, you are memming the wrong one.
    Nadirah, TsiawdMS, Gialana and 4 others like this.
  3. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

the dude abides!
    Duder likes this.
  4. FYAD Augur

right click the spell gem slot and use the pull-out menu to find the correct spell. Don't use the spellbook.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Normally I do use the pull out menu, BUT there are times when I dont know what an alts spell is under (which tab) So I occasionally pop open the book to look for a picture to help find it. only problem is when you mem a spell anymore you cannot place it where you want it ,until after you mem it. They may stick it on page 6 out of 40 pages if you left open spaces earlier. Oh the horror!
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Gialana Augur

For some classes, it's difficult to find the correct category for the progressive ability. I just had to go through all categories for my enchanter to find that the progressive spell is under Utility Beneficial > Combat Innate.

But it's ok to use the spell book. Memorize the spell that doesn't have a number (1 through 6) at the end of the name. For instance, right now my enchanter's spellbook has Ecliptic Reinforcement and Ecliptic Reinforcement 2. Ecliptic Reinforcement is level 116, and Ecliptic Reinforcement 2 is level 250. If I try to memorize the incorrect spell, I get a message saying I'm not high enough level to memorize it.

If the progressive ability is a combat ability, then you can make a hotkey for the wrong ability, and it won't do anything. But again, the incorrect ability is level 250 and has a number at the end of the name, so it's easy to spot.
    CrazyLarth and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.