T1 Itemization (Prestige vs Non-Prestige)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fohpo, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Fohpo Augur

Are the Shar Vahl, Divided drops intended to be prestige while the other two zones aren’t? I don’t recall T1 drops being split like this before.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

3. Tucoh Augur

Fohpo likes this.
  4. Astefin Journeyman

CoV T1 was non-prestige. Minus augs of course.
    Fohpo likes this.
  5. Fohpo Augur

Yeah, RoS was too? I know the sequel expansion or whatever you want to call it at a given level cap is NO DROP, but historically they’ve been non-prestige.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

I got a back item from the named dinosaur in Firefall pass. The wrist was tradable but the back item was not. I don't understand why T1 non-vis wouldn't be tradable.
  7. demi Augur

iirc and I could be wrong CoV Part 2 of ToV was all No trade items from T1 .. so I would guess the Part 2 of ToL , which is NoS would also be No trade items from T1..
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, for some reason the T1 visibles are tradeable, which I think is a bug. Unless they're just completely scrapping the precedent of ToV to CoV, I'm thinking this patch is going to make those visible pieces no drop.

I had put a couple of them in our guild bank in case someone needed them at some point, but I went ahead and pulled them out this morning and put them on a toon that could use them before I logged out, just in case they change it.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Making T1 no trade in the second expansion is a design choice I can't understand but I can at least respect being consistent.
  10. Laronk Augur

It makes it so you need to buy the expansion to wear the gear, since there's no level increase on the expansion if you want the FTP accounts / boxes to buy the expansion then you make the non-prestige gear nodrop.

As far as the T1 visables being tradeable, isn;'t it only tradeable before you turn it into a real piece of gear and is the component off the vendor no trade?
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

It hadn't occurred to me that players could wear armor from an expansion they do not own, or perhaps the issue of buying armor they can't wear.
  12. Laronk Augur

Oh yeah you can totally wear armor from expansions you don't own, on FV there's a pretty good market for the stuff because its all tradeable and it's one of the better ways to make platinum to just farm non prestige stuff and put it on the market. More so on the level change expansions from my experience.
    Vumad likes this.
  13. Fohpo Augur

Someone in the bug reports forum was suggesting that NoS group content is 3 tiers, but they haven't done that in forever and the stats don't seem to suggest it.
  14. demi Augur

nothing to see here move along
  15. Duder Augur

Do people pay for the xpac on launch but not have their characters gold? This makes me scratch my head.
  16. Tappin Augur

Most people don't sub their boxes - just their main and alt
    Dalrek_MM likes this.
  17. Zarkdon Augur

Only the undedicated!
  18. Fohpo Augur

At launch sure since I’m remaxing AA, but after that no…