How many Devs are Working on EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brontus, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Hobs Elder

https://i.imgur.com/1hdl0YX.gif
  2. code-zero Augur

I think that perhaps some people don't understand that changing something on a TLP that they believe to be a problem will make the change on non-TLP with quite possibly bad results or even exploits that had been fixed.
    Wdor, Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Nennius like this.
  3. Meeko Developer(Code)

Now that the credits are available, the breakdown along with the change from last expansion is:
    Design: 9
    Engineering: 5 (-2)
    Art: 11 (+3)
    Sound: 1
    QA: 3

If you want to be one of those "+1" next year, apply now: https://www.daybreakgames.com/careers
  4. Iven Antonius Bayle

Sad to see that Katharine L. Anderson (Engineer / Programmer) is no longer listed in the credits.

I always wondered what LAKSHYA DIGITAL PVT. LTD. is doing exactly. Seem to be only graphical stuff that got outsourced to india, but how impactfull is their work ? 34 people from that team listed in the credits is really a lot.
  5. Pip Developer

She is not gone. She got married this year so her last name is changed.
  6. Iven Antonius Bayle

Oh..., good news ! :D
    Pip and Qwalla like this.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

R.I.P. Klanderso.
    Arcolin and Pip like this.
  8. Zeoni Journeyman

Guys Grab a Glass of Milk or any other Drink. How many Developers are working on EQ? Well take a Drink. This is important. Ok ready? Got a big drink there in your mouth? answer should be yes. The Same amount that is Working on the EQ Live Server, EQ TLS & EverQuest 2 Live and it's TLS. Now clean off your monitor and keyboard. Yes if you don't get it They work on all 4 of them. The same People do both Games so even if it's 20 or 34 they do both Games. So what your except needs to be lowered. Over the years since Daybreak started they fired a lot of People working on EQ & EQ2 among other games and no ones knows if they hired anyone to replace them hint the fact they are not showing or letting anyone know. your suppose to enjoy the game and not worry about behind the Game.
  9. klanderso Developer

Yes, I got married almost two months ago so my last name changed :3
    I'm totally not gonna change my dev name though!
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Congrats!!
  11. Lanilya New Member

Hi there. An example: Doomshade not spawning in Umbral Plains. This was an issue in the first TLPs and is still an issue for Yelinak (newest TLP).
    (I am not claiming that TLP bugs are not being fixed, I am just answering your request for example)
  12. Absor Developer

Check the credits for both games to learn the truth... the above is not the truth.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

When do the dev's get xmas vacation?
  14. Absor Developer

Not soon enough... :)
    Yinla, Tarvas, Zunnoab and 5 others like this.
  15. Randel Flag Elder

I love assumption and speculation it is my favorite guessing game!
  16. ttobey Developer

Every day's a Christmas Holiday at Darkpaw!
    Yinla, Celephane, Brontus and 9 others like this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Someone either got a really nice bonus or is angling for one. :)
    demi, Pip and ttobey like this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

I think you folks have earned a vacation. I am grateful that EQ is still alive and kicking. Imperfect to be sure, but still a game I enjoy playing. Thank you for your efforts!

P.S. I don't really expect an answer to this question, but what the heck. What was the thinking behind changing up the way armor pieces are dropped now? Changing things up? Slowing down things a bit? Just curious here.
  19. Zeoni Journeyman

Good to Know. Had me worried. Absor the Question was ask how many Developers were working on Both EverQuest & EverQuest 2 and without answering you answer the Question.
  20. ttobey Developer

The character team works on both but that's pretty much it.
    Yinla, Zunnoab, Iven and 1 other person like this.