Mean Streets - Shar Vahl, Divided Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tucoh, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Tucoh Augur

OK so I've done this mission a few times and feel like I'm failing a core mechanic.

Here's some info on the mission:
    https://nos.eqresource.com/meanstreets.php

and a walkthrough:

A couple questions for folks:
    1. Is there a way to stop Jakareshev from teleporting and regenerating to full HP during the encounter? I tried mezzing and slowing the illusion mobs and they have 154 million HP, so killing them before he teleports some ~40s after the illusions spawn isn't feasible for me.
    2. What are people doing to get Cut Off The Head ( https://achievements.eqresource.com/achievements.php?id=3005112 ) which requires you to not kill the thugs? I haven't really made an attempt but I couldn't punt root them. I didn't try splitting Jakareshev from them.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

You have to kill the illusions for him not to port and regen all the way. Not feasible for most groups, so it just makes it a little longer of a fight.

You can kite the thugs, that's how we did it, you have to heal the kiter because of the dot that is put on them.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

We did this mission (only once) and it was obnoxious. Here are some thoughts I had but I can't confirm them...

The fake boss only has about 500k HP. Remove all DS and keep him on your back so he doesn't die.

Kill thugs. 1 Will despawn with slow. Kill the other.
    The next closest thugs do not leash like the boss and will aggro from their starting point automatically when the thugs where you are die. Kill them as they come which happens in pairs.

Then kill the fake bosses.

Then when the boss locks, just tank him until the illusions despawn. They illusions have WAY too much HP to kill so why even try. We didn't do this, we went around trying to fight the illusions and it just resulted in people getting picked off.

Tigers can be mezed but despawn when slowed.

There is something wack with pet aggro or pathing or something too. I was burning through defensive abilities (ENC) to stay alive when one of them caught sight of me before the tank was there. It kept chasing me even though I dropped dopple and sent my pet.

And my main thought on the subject... This event is terrible. It's not at all tuned for a group.
  4. Tevik Augur

You can despawn the thugs that poof when slowed and still get this achievement, so you only have to deal with the 4 other ones. We had two tanks and off tanked all 4 of them for the fight, but yeah you can kite them if you don't damage them (they summon).

BTW - I'm still of the opinion, as I mentioned in Beta, that the hp for the initial fakes and the scatter fakes are backwards.
    Vumad likes this.
  5. ShadowMan Augur

Its just an odd mission.

The only way to prevent the real Jak from regen'ing to full is to go and kill the 3 illusions that spawn in other locations at 26% and again at 7%. Which 99.99% of groups can't do, possibly 100%. I believe he was only supposed to regen some for each but he ends up leashing and just regens to full each time.

I haven't done that achievement but as someone pointed out the two mobs at each camp don't leash so someone can grab all 6 and kite them while the rest of the group handles the mission.
  6. Rylak Elder

This group mission would be considerably better if all "Jakareshev" mobs were rooted and the "illusions" had 50% the hp. Perhaps the event would actually work as intended then.
  7. Warpeace Augur

It's a doable mission, one of the /ach does not seem to be possible yet but will see. Maybe needs a look at balancing as I feel it's going to be rough on a lot of the more casual players.
  8. Petalonyx Augur

In its current state, I think the following is the simplest walk through.

1. Kill the 8 thugs without killing jaks. (various ways of doing this, but leashing jaks is probably easiest).

2. Kill 2 fake jaks.

3. Prepare/scout, then engage the 3rd jak and real jak at same time. This prevents an obnoxious reset. The fake jak will go down fast.

4. Kill the final boss real jak. When he ports, move to him and kill him again. When he ports again, move to him and kill again. Slow kill the first boss to help manage adds. The rest can be burned. Ignore illusions.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Absor Developer

The full regen is likely a bug. I'll have to look at it after the update today and see if I can fix it. Similar issue happened in the raid.
    Heartland, Zunnoab, Kendeth and 9 others like this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

This would make a lot more sense. I clocked the illusions at 154million HP (In my last kill they were all up when the chest spawned so I could kill them in peace...) and the time between Jakarashev locking HP and teleporting as 40seconds. If you need to kill all three you'd need to average 11.55 million DPS over 40s while moving between three mobs.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Did you guys try splitting Jakarashev / thugs? Seems like you could pull the thugs away and have the group move Jakarashev far enough where the thugs leash to and kill him.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

We had someone DA get all the thugs, group them up in the courtyard. I agroed and kited them while the rest of the group killed each fake Jakarashev then the real one.
  13. Allayna Augur

Thugs don't leash, but Jakarashev does, I just run from 4-1 and then kite all the thugs on the bridge.
  14. Newb Tank Not so Newb

This stuff is why I dislike missions anymore. I don't use 3rd party programs and my guild, while great folks, are pretty much running through them using theirs. And those who aren't using programs MIGHT be able to get into a guild group to get these things done...might. And then those who can't get into the VERY rare PU groups who are doing missions, are stuck buying TAs. I wish DBG would bury missions forever and allow for challenger awards to be earned other ways.
  15. Zarax Journeyman

If any on Drinal struggling with the missions, shoot Thranx, Zarax a tell and we can work something out np
    Zolav likes this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Challenger achievements aside, Zarax in the vid in the OP isn't using anything special and isn't even going hard on boxing APM through the fight. This is very much a mechanics control fight.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

If this mission is not working as intended, then it is indeed a bug.

Having mobs warp and summon and health lock permanently does not seem like a mechanic that is working as intended.
  18. Tevik Augur

We didn't, no. We had two tanks as I said, so we went in with the intention of just off tanking them. The real Jakarashev was at the far NE spawn point, so we started at the first one to the west of the bridge and went through killing each fake Jakarashev and picking up an extra thug at each spot along the way.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

This is a very easy comment to miss but possibly the most important in the thread.

Please see above.
    Tucoh likes this.
  20. Dalrek_MM Elder

Can only agree that killing the illusions seem pointless. Too many hp to get them all dead before Jakablabla ports and goes to full hp. Its a long annoying fight the way it works now