Tradeskill Depot .. Godsend and Curse

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Imukai, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Imukai Augur

Love the idea of this tradeskill depot for mega storage plus being able to non-experimentally craft from it. Beautiful thing.

Then the cost of it comes into play. A fully unlocked depot is going to cost around $1000 USD at the most discounted rate of DBC. $1000 for 4750 rows of your database.

The cost of the slots (20 slots for 500 DBC) makes it cost the same as the 40 slot tradeskill-only bag on the market.

There are people that have multiple toons filled with those 40 slot tradeskill-only bags (bank and all) to act as tradeskill mules for guilds or just personal use. /guilty

I am not asking for the slot unlocks to be cheaper. BUT I am asking that you put in an NPC in the bazaar or PoK or something that will exchange the purchased 40 slot bags for 40 depot slots.

That will at least allow us to cash in our not-small investment and make a dent in this $1000 bill you have laid on us with this jewel.
  2. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Are there even 5k tradeskill items in the game? How do you know that's the limit?

I'm a TS hoarder and I probably only have about 1200 at most items and even that's including lots of vendor bought stuff.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is from the FAQ for the new feature.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-tradeskill-depot-faq
    Skewert and Fanra like this.
  4. MischiefTLP Augur

eqresource has 13000 tradeskill flagged items, 7784 items that are not: attunable, heirloom, no trade, lore, lore equipped, quest or temporary.
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Right but how many of those are vendor bought or not relevant for anything. Like for example you'd be silly to store sewing kit molds in your depot, since at best you are making 1 to learn the recipe and never ever making one again.

If you are even slightly strategic about what you are keeping then I don't see needing more than 1500 or so slots and even that's if you are gunning for 350 in all tradeskills. Realistically it's aimed at things you are going to want to combine over and over, which is even more limited to recent expansion items.

As to the original point, converting bags to slots doesn't really make a lot of sense because it would then be trivial to max out the slots unless you had a restriction that stopped you from applying the same bag multiple times.

Granted the current pricing structure is pretty high at 450 Daybreak Dollar-ie-doos for 20 slots. But that's 20 slots a month with your free 500 per month.
    Appren likes this.
  6. Zapsos Augur

So because something new and better is out you want them to refund/exchange the old stuff you already bought? That's not how that works...
    Brildon, minimind and Appren like this.
  7. Appren Gnomercy

I want a refund on the previous expansion, I no longer need it with the new one out.
    Brildon, minimind and Skewert like this.
  8. Skewert Lorekeeper

How about converting the currently-existing 40-slot tradeskill-only item containers to regular (all items) 40-slot WR bags? Maybe have an NPC you can hand them into for that 40-slot WR bag. Maybe allow it to be once per character or account. Hand in the 40-slot tradeskill bag for a 40-slot lore version of it, which you can then turn into that NPC again for a 40-slot lore regular WR bag.
  9. Morfiend Highest Priest Morphiend

Dammit ford... you made the radio better in the 2023 F150... My 2020 F150 radio isnt as good.. you should swap my 2020 f150 for the new one at no cost...

see how silly this sounds?
  10. minimind The Village Idiot

If you want more Depot spots and are willing to pay, then do so. If you're not willing to pay, then don't.

I'm not willing to pay. I will use the default Depot to hold the stuff I normally keep on my main character/tradeskiller and continue to use mules to hold most items.

My EQ quality of life is improved as a result. I don't see a problem here.

Edit: It just hit me that I can free up my 4 shared bank slots that I use for TS bags as well. This is such a boon!!
    Appren likes this.
  11. coltongrundy Augur

bruh nobody gave you a $1000 bill. Just because it's possible to spend that much doesn't mean you have to. Imagine walking into a grocery store and throwing a fit because it would cost thousands of dollars if you bought every item in stock
    Skewert, Appren, Zapsos and 2 others like this.