What is this in the notes about dot changes?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

Just make top level characters of every class then you will always be ready for what is thrown at you! :p
    Tucoh likes this.
  2. FyrasDrinal Journeyman

I WAS WRONG. Edited to prevent spreading misinformation
    "Once you use the heroic100 upgrade, it's gone... One time use..."
    You do recover the heroic slot on character delete on live servers.
  3. Cadman Elder

It's more like "2 Steps forward, 1 step back" for Necro's.

They're still ahead by some margin
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Everything I can find says otherwise; but I'm not finding anything directly from Daybreak staff, only 3rd parties talking about it.
    Wayylon likes this.
  5. Marton Augur

Usually we could re-use Heroic slots that were purchased in Marketplace.

Those given as freebies long time ago were one time only deal.
  6. demi Augur

I'm pretty sure the 100 heroics are treated the same as the 85 heroics .. in that if you delete it the heroic will go back into your bank roll of heroic toons ..

only exception to this is the free heroics they gave out long time ago .. those , if you deleted them would stay deleted ..

if you deleted a lvl 100 heroic and you didnt get it back , try rebooting the game .. there was an issue awhile back that if you deleted a heroic (lvl 85) right away after creating it , it would take some time for the slot to return to your bank roll or had to reboot .. happened to me once i had to petition and that is what the GM said to me ..

if that doesnt work petition cause , as far as I know they are like the 85 heroics..

would be kinda lame for Darkpaw to charge $40 for 100 heroics then if someone deleted it , for it to be permanent .. no one would buy them then ..
  7. FyrasDrinal Journeyman

8. demi Augur

have you ever purchased a heroic ?

I said they are like the 85 lvl heroics , whereas when you buy one and you use it you get the plat , merc tokens on the first time and only the first time you create said heroic.. after that if you delete it and recreate another heroic toon you no longer get the one time pp or merc tokens for that heroic, but you can reroll the heroic as many times as you want .. as long as it wasnt one of the freebies that was a 1 time use ..

If you upgrade a toon from regular to heroic , delete toon at your own risk .. you will get the heroic back but your toon will be lost.. so lets say you have a 120 toon and you use a 100 heroic upgrade oh him/her for the benefits . your 120 toon will be lost if you ever delete it , in other words only use the heroic upgrade if you dont mind loosing the toon you use it on or if you know for sure you'll never need that heroic slot again ..
  9. demi Augur

this is not true .. its only true if you dont want to delete the toon you used it on .. if you don't mind deleting the toon you'll get your heroic bank slot back ..

If it was not one of the freebie heroics ..
  10. FyrasDrinal Journeyman

Ah ok, I forgot that some of the heroic gifts are one time only.
    I am unwilling to risk deleting a level 115 necro to "find out" if the heroic slot is recoverable.

I receive some heroics for free. Is there a way to know which heroics were bought and applied when looking at an ingame toon?

Is this clearly stated some place by Daybreak on recovering the heroic option if you delete the toon?
  11. Lyyr Lorekeeper

I was wondering why they kept giving out new ranks of 'enhanced ruin' every expac. It didn't seem terribly well thought out. Just like they keep giving out new ranks of focus aa (spell and weapon). The devs could have at least left the last couple of ranks of enhanced ruin out of ToL. Surely they knew it was causing a problem. I hope they revisit the mana cost for dots in light of this change, especially for Druids and Shaman.
  12. demi Augur

are you on live or TLP ?

If on live server if you delete a toon a box pops up asking if you are sure you want to delete your toon and asks for you to enter toons name before hitting delete key .. If its a regular heroic once you hit delete key toon is deleted .. If its a freebie one another box will come up asking to verify and confirm that if you delete this heroic it will not be available again ..

TLP did not have that extra pop up for the freebie heroics , it was discussed but not sure if it was fixed yet or not ..

so i just tried to delete one of my freebie heroics i got and when i typed in the name and hit enter it brought up another small window saying this " Deleting "name" WILL NOT increment your available heroic charcter count. Are you sure? to confirm, type in Name"

where Name is your toon's name ..
    Tatanka and FyrasDrinal like this.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

I believe Druid DPS is balanced by their mana consumption. My Druid is T2 geared, lacking in augs in AA, but T2 armor, and casting 3 DoTs cost her 25% of her mana. I was shocked when I saw that a single DoT cost 25k mana to cast.

Druids are the worst at healing. It makes sense that they can DPS at a high cost. Druid is in practically a weird Wizard / Cleric Hybrid in the way they are built and tuned.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is the pic you posted in another sub forum

[IMG]
  15. demi Augur

ya when i made this post above , i had forgotten how to post pics and also did not remember my password to my img webisite :p so had to reset it and everything .. was a hassle .. so after i got that all together i was finally able to post this pic
    Tatanka and CatsPaws like this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its very beneficial to help explain about the Heroic and the message. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post this!

To help out further with the clarification on Heroics - I went into 2 of my Heroic's and clicked delete and you do not get any message at all. So the only ones you would get that message on would be the ones that you will lose if you delete.
    Tatanka likes this.