NoS Tradeskill items droprate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Borm FV, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Borm FV New Member

...is terrible. Hours of grinding for 1 ore, 7 pitaya, 8 silks, and 9 steaks. It has to be tuned upwards.
  2. FYAD Augur

They do this every expansion. Slow drop rate at first in order to inflate their value and make you grind more. Then they'll adjust it higher after a few months.
  3. demi Augur

iirc CoV ores were dropping like hot cakes when it was first released then few weeks later they lowered the drop rate alot ..
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. Marton Augur

You got a lot of steaks! I got one :(.
  5. Gialana Augur

I think I got 40 while completing the mercenary and first 2 partisan tasks in Shar Vahl. They seem to drop often off animal type mobs, rockhoppers, worms, beetles. Only got 4 ores, though.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

it just depends on what zones you are hunting in and what mobs you kill. I had to check my logs to see where I had gotten Luclin Pitaya on Beta from because I forage as I do stuff, so I didnt remember if it was a forage or a drop.. (FYI its a drop only)
  7. Gialana Augur

Also got 21 Pitaya Fruit in Shar Vahl doing merc and partisan tasks for a group of 5. Don't remember what dropped it. The grimlings, maybe?
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Guess they dont want stuff dropping to much and to slow down the game on purpose which is bad for me as i buy from the farmers when the price is fair. hopefully they fix the drop rates sooner than later. usually they wait 3 months into the expansion.
  9. Gialana Augur

Anyone find a good zone/mob-selection for ores?
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

No Topaz's?
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Would probably guess elemental mobs.
  12. Zipe The Healer

I killed 10 golems/elementals in Shadeweaver. They had like 250 mill hp, so not quick to kill.
    They dropped nada. After patch we'll get pp's I guess :p
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea hear mobs have way to many hps especially the ph's for rare's i hear.
  14. Marton Augur

Yes.

NoS really means Night of Slog :p .
  15. Gialana Augur

We had 10 minutes or so after beating the Shadowhaven mission before servers came down this morning. I was expecting the golems to drop ore and gems, so my group killed some. First one dropped the gem, but the next 5 we had time to kill dropped nothing. I hope there are better mob types to kill, even if they don't have a much better drop rate. The golems take 2 to 3 times longer to kill than other mobs.
  16. Dilquan Augur

lol, TS is terrible period.
    QQ

17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Even worse with these bad drop rates not good for the game.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

I'm kind of floored they just dumped this dumpster fire of a system out with near universal bad feedback.

Then to put icing on the cake there is absolutely no indication what most of the drops are even for, and I can guarantee people will be letting them rot or rolling on them for things they have no use of. And I wouldn't blame them considering the opacity.

Overall I like the expansion, but this has to be the single most tone-deaf just all around awful decision they've pushed out in a while.
    Nennius and Velisaris_MS like this.