Otherworldly Focus of Fortitude and Otherworldly Focus of Heroism

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Allayna Augur

Assuming these share a loot table on rares and on mission chests with all of the new otherworldly slotted items, having a unique piece for each slot.

OFF is for type 7/8 player mades.
    OFH is for type 5 player mades.

Those who raid will (have) let the various clasp, unique item slots rot, but even so, they are very rare and not guaranteed on every mission chest as of 12/7/22.

We have run the mission set 5 times now and not seen either of the OFF or OFH.

Unintended (possibly intended) for raiders to slay missions forever trying to get augmentation upgrades competing against 20 some odd new slots in the loot table that will rot every single rare or chest?

Suggestion, the missions at a minimum should have the OFF and OFH separated from the other otherworldly "ores" loot table.
    Yinla, alanus, Conq and 22 others like this.
  2. ShadowMan Augur

I hate this system. Beyond dumb that all of the following occur at the same time:

1. The "new ores" are not tradeable considering the 2 points below.
    2. Sometimes you get no "new ore" drops in chests and named. I don't care what the odds are or that sometimes you can possible get 2. So far 0 has happened a bunch to me already.
    3. You then fight the random number generator for however many slots can possibly drop. So half the time I get no "new ore" and then when I do there is a 18 in 20 chance its something I am not after.
    Please fix this nonsense by making them tradeable OR by at least changing loot tables. So missions or named ALWAYS drop 1 and often can drop 2. AND so that certain mobs ALWAYS drop some slot of the "new ore". Although I don't look forward to say Named X being perma camped for 11 months since it drops the slot 7 aug "new ore" that everyone needs multiples of.
    Nukester, FYAD, Raptorjesus5 and 6 others like this.
  3. Allayna Augur

IIRC these are the possible “ores”:

Ear
    Face
    Finger
    Neck
    Belt
    Shoulder
    Back
    Chest
    Arms
    Legs
    Wrist
    Feet
    Helm
    Hands
    Primary
    Shield
    2H
    Bow range
    Non bow range
    Type 5
    Type 7/8

I cannot recall if there is actually a different ore for primary and 2H.

So there is a 1/21 chance to get an Aug ore currently.

The chests are mostly presenting with 0 ore at all.

So less than a 5% chance vs the RNG of it being an ore drop for an aug and also RNG for 0 ore.
    Laurana, Ssdar, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Guess they wanna slow down the game this is a terrible idea they came up with.
  5. Ismel Augur

so avg for a group of 6 to all get the aug is 21x 6 and lets say 50% chance of ore dropping in a mission that is 21x6x2=252 missions, I do not like those odds.
    Windance, alanus and Andarriel like this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Like doing bunch of LdoN's back in the day lol.
  7. Allayna Augur

The following is data from 2 full days of killing and doing missions. We did each of the missions on the first day, so 4, then 3 when our lockup was up and the server came back up.
    3 the following morning and again in the evening.
    3 again this morning.
    Parser shows a total of 1247 kills.
    Parser shows a total of 7 rares.
    16 potential rolls on a chest
    7 potential rolls on rares
    23 total rolls
    6 new "ores"
    Notice the trend of "no one was interested in the 1 item"
    6/23 = 26% drop rate for ore under these conditions
    1/23 was an aug component = 4.35% aug ore rate

[Tue Dec 06 12:41:10 2022] --You have looted an Otherworldly Essence of Power from Manifested Chest .--

[Tue Dec 06 19:20:47 2022] No one was interested in the 1 item(s): Otherworldly Mask Fastener. These items can be randomed again or will be available to everyone after the corpse unlocks.

[Tue Dec 06 19:48:05 2022] No one was interested in the 1 item(s): Otherworldly Belt Buckle. These items can be randomed again or will be available to everyone after the corpse unlocks.

[Wed Dec 07 07:23:53 2022] No one was interested in the 1 item(s): Otherworldly Mask Fastener. These items can be randomed again or will be available to everyone after the corpse unlocks.

[Wed Dec 07 11:25:56 2022] No one was interested in the 1 item(s): Otherworldly Cloak Fastener. These items can be randomed again or will be available to everyone after the corpse unlocks.

[Thu Dec 08 08:08:37 2022] --Meckwell has looted an Otherworldly Focus of Heroism from a shimmery chest .--
    Windance and alanus like this.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

It's really really broken. You get 1 "group ore" every 5-8 mission chests, and every 10-20 named mobs. And it's random, so you'll definitely get stuff you never need and will have hundreds of hours of camping just to get ores that you do need.

This was such a dumb decision. Was this supposed to make the incredibly short expansion content last longer throughout the year? Was this decision to prevent our will to play EQ shrink even smaller?
    Barraind, alanus, Laurana and 2 others like this.
  9. blood & gufts Augur

Think Negreth is behind the changes, and as I see it is a big mistake and really need to be changed to how ore was before.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

At least when you did tons of LDoN's, you knew you were getting points so that you could eventually buy the things you wanted.

This system is absolute hell.

Switching from universal ores to this random "every slot needs it's own drop" system is just god-awful. Raiders will eventually be able to just buy the things they need off the merchant as raids are completed/unlocked. Group players are being screwed over and left to the mercy of the RNG.
    Windance, Wayylon, Yinla and 4 others like this.
  11. Allayna Augur

I agree, with the exception that raiders will be letting 100% of all ores with the exception of OFF and OFH, meaning we are disproportionately negatively affected by the change to "ore".
  12. Althalonas New Member

This is going to be such a pain. The old ore systems was so much better than this!

It's only reason for existing is to waste time..
    Windance likes this.
  13. Moege Augur

When we complain have to do X some posters lecture us that you don't need to do X, well apparently none of them feel the need to drip their toes in this thread.

Here is what I will be doing, getting my weapon (melee) then ignore all the rest. It simply is not worth the grind.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

Assuming you finally get the drop to make a weapon. :D
    Moege and Tatanka like this.
  15. Nudia Augur

Our static group of 6 running 2-4 sets of missions a day finished Challenger, Hunter of one zone and several named in others, all before we got our first type 7 aug ore.

ETA: We are all just about AA capped for the expansion, as well. Lots and lots of killing, named, and missions.
    Windance, Ozon, Carden and 1 other person like this.
  16. Allayna Augur

I've personally finished Champion, Challenger, Paragon, running missions when available, killing rares as I move through zones, have *seen* 1 aug ore drop, lost the roll.

This rarity is going to favor boxing over grouping.
    This loot style of pieces is going to favor boxing over grouping.
    Boxing over grouping isn't healthy for the longevity of the game.

Again, at this point, the new evolving cloak is less rare by drop rate than the aug components for type 5/7/8.
    alanus and Carden like this.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think it's more like favoring "botting" over grouping. I 3-box (alt-tabbing) and it definitely does not benefit me.

The automated/3rd party software groups are the ones going to benefit because they can farm named literally all day and night. Alt-tab, non-cheat boxing isn't really any different than normal grouping.
    Moege likes this.
  18. Nudia Augur

I also 3-box and my only type 7 aug came from late night alt-playing. It will absolutely encourage people that can play alone to do so to avoid sharing.
    Allayna likes this.
  19. Ratalthor Developer

I have moved this to the Veteran's Lounge for further discussion as it is not a bug.
  20. Zarkdon Augur

Thus is why I started boxing in the first place. Spent hours trying to get an ore drop in CoV and lost the roll to a guildie.

Started my tank the next day.