Night of Shadows - Progression Walkthrough

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Meckwell, Dec 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Sorry if I came off too harshly when I said "thats dumb".
    :rolleyes:
    Duder likes this.
  2. Zolav Augur

A MAJOR part of the progression line was removed with ZERO communication.

-Was it cool the NPC was removed for whatever reason.. Sure we understand gameplay bugs/issues

-Was it cool it wasn't communicated to the community? Absolutely not.
    Arcolin and Duder like this.
  3. Randel Flag Elder

And yet, still no reason for why he is gone, and h is still gone,,, you took the time to tell us , "thats not the reason why" but didn't give us a reason? so it wasn't the "time" it takes that is the problem just an intentional lack of communication.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

If I don't get a tray of piping hot chocolate chip cookies within the hour, Daybreak has failed me ONCE AGAIN.
    Silvena likes this.
  5. Duder Augur

Okay, how would I know any of that? Why couldn't the company ever say ANYTHING to keep us informed? Bring some levity to it even. Say,"soandso mob came down with a bad stomache flu this afternoon and will hopefully be making a return tomorrow"? Why are choices like this made without informing customers in any way? This was launch day, we pre-paid for this stuff. Why is communication hard for the company?
    Arcolin and Tatanka like this.
  6. Duder Augur

We play EQ. Most of us are very understanding and have above average patience. If only they communicated with us they might find a much more agreeable and sympathetic playerbase rather than one that they anger monthly with their "in the dark" practices.

I quit last year for over six months because of disgust with the company. I decided to take the risk, pay the money, and come back for what sounds like and looks like, and plays like a great expansion. Except, the company and it's internal practices has not changed and I already feel like eating my losses and cancelling all 4 accounts, again.
    Arcolin and Tatanka like this.
  7. Duder Augur

They employ 2 fulltime community managers. Don't be daft. It is normal business operation in today's world to use/make announcements on multiple platforms. The platforms are easy to use to encourage that. They EVEN HAVE ACCOUNTS AND DO randomly post information there. So, why do they have those platforms and avenues of communication if they don't use them to communicate with their players? Is it just an illusion to make it appear like they have a functioning PR team keeping the game and its' management up to date to the practices of today? They also have the ability to add messages that popup when you login (Patch message), they also have the ability to announce something serverwide ingame for players to see. There is no time wasted replying to a "million" posts. Using their website, what should be the central hub of the information scattering machine and that's where they could have made one post. You understand the notion of customer alienation and customer retention, yes? We are down to 65k players, or whatever it is now due to years of attrition where customer alienation has likely played an incredibly large part in the loss of many players. I can name more than 10 folks I know who left over the past 5 years due to being fed up with the company's customer relations practices and who haven't been back (mostly, 2 did come back for 2 years and then left again).
    Fuelforfire, Arcolin and Tatanka like this.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Respectively speaking Duder :)
    Elyssanda, demi and Duder like this.
  9. Duder Augur

Rofl, yer the best. TY for that.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  10. Treiln Augur

The patience comes with your stipulations that you have nailed to your “patience”

When I refer to patience, is about letting them get things worked out before they communicate. Demanding they communicate within the hour that they make a change is very unrealistic. This is why I mentioned launch day and patch notes and hot fixes. Give them a week, if there’s no update on the next patch/down time/reset, then grab your pitchforks.

Could you imagine the nightmare it would be to try to make an announcement about every little change they make in game the instant it’s made? So I’ll reiterate. A little patience goes a long ways.
    Rolaque, Wdor and Nennius like this.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I don’t get what’s so hard about putting out a server-wide message saying s the NPC is removed temporarily. They do it for unplanned maintenance. Just seems courteous considering the amount of traffic going to that NPC.
  12. demi Augur

lol
    Duder likes this.
  13. Duder Augur

No, actually, you thinking they need a week to announce the depopping of a quest mob is what is unrealistic. It’s actually easier and quicker to make the announcement than it is to permanently depop the mob on every server. I appreciate your attempts to defend them, they mean well. But their lack of communication is deplorable. I am not, nor have I ever once said that they should announce every change. But when they take away a major component to an expansion’s content within the first 12 hours of the expansion’s release, yes, they should announce that the mob needed to go on vacation for a period of time due to a bug. I don’t, nor does anyone else, nor did I ever suggest that every detail be released. I suggested they give us any number of reasons, including levity. But for goodness sakes, don’t leave your customers in the dark. You sir, are the one who is unrealistic.
    Arcolin likes this.
  14. Treiln Augur

I’d say both sides are a bit unrealistic. A week is a bit long. But again, it was release day. Things like this are to be expected. Just as expecting they communicate the hour something happens isn’t exactly fair.

But then it comes down to, if not every change needs to be communicated, why this one? What makes this one so special? (Yes I do understand the needs and requirements attached to said NPC). Who are we to determine what is deemed worthy of communicating? That just opens another bag of entitlement which I’m sure we would all want to avoid.

Did the mob get brought back up yet? I haven’t had a chance to log in for a couple days so I’m not sure. But even if it’s down for a day, that’s less than point 3 (0.3) percent of the expansions life. I don’t think that’s worth condemning the company. Even if it takes 3 days, it’s still less than a fraction of a percent of the expansions life.

Yes communication is nice and is needed. But so is a little an understanding and patience on our side.

On a side note, I usually skip the first 2 weeks of an expansion for these reasons alone. Let the kinks get worked out
    Duder and demi like this.
  15. demi Augur

I agree, im like you I wait for first few weeks to month ( after holidays) before i dive into a new expansion.
    Duder likes this.
  16. Duder Augur

I can respect equaling unreasonability, to an extent. The importance of announcing this mob is that it is part of the expansion’s biggest draws. It left many of us feeling *gaslit* as we showed up to do it a second time and it was inexplicably gone. Also who are we to decide? We are the customers that pay their salaries and keep their company open, that’s who.

As far as I know, (I did not login today due to disgust with the company) the mob is not back. I could be completely wrong though. Also, I understand the true issue was that the npc was giving out the raid DZ, certainly a major problem requiring the permanent depop. So due to that issue, many players were stopped in their planned course of actions regarding their long awaited new-content bonanza. And this mob had extreme significance, that it gave 1 of 4 of the heroic missions. The only issue at hand is the complete silence in regards to a clearly impactful removal of an NPC that most of the players had expected to be able to use as sooon as our *pre-paid* expansion went live.

I think you have the right idea in waiting 2 weeks to begin it. I have another friend like that. Only issue for me is friends who are excited to and want to get going on exploring and progressing as soon as the xpac launches. So waiting two weeks will doom me to solo-boxing it all. Which my setup is not a conventional box group to be doing such with.
    Arcolin likes this.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

18. Svann2 The Magnificent

Besides it being -25% of already minimal mission content, its also the longest run to a mission giver. Would be nice to know without having to keep checking if he is up yet - or depend on others to say if he is up yet.
    Duder likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is a patch today which means there is the possibility that it will be addressed today.
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Nudia Augur

Stepping back to the point - having done zero beta testing of group content (I prefer to wait for it to go live, it's not enough for a year anyway), this stuff was very helpful, especially the maps.

I know it's in house, but thanks Aallayna for putting it all together.
    Duder and Allayna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.