Suggestion: Make Overseer Collection Rewards Heirloom

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Heimdall, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Heimdall Elder

Instead of No Drop, make the collectibles Heirloom so you can at least pass them to another toon on your account if you grab the wrong one, or your Achiev window hasn't updated.
    Angahran, Bernel, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

No, what they need to do is remove this attuned/unattuned BS they added to collectibles and go back to the way they used to be.

Collectibles from Overseer used to be just like collectibes you pick up/get as drops...they were tradeable. Then someone thought it would be a good idea to waste dev time giving every collectible in game the "attunable" property so that the shinies you get from dispensers came out "attuned" to that character...making it so that you couldn't sell/trade THOSE collectibles to another toon. It was an idiotic decision and needs to be reverted back.

The shinies you get via OS aren't heirloom, but the fragments/dispensers are. So, if you're just looking to get collectibles on an alt on the same account, just pass them the fragments/dispensers, and then get the shiny. If you already have one you want to pass to another toon, you can unattune it just you unattune a piece of gear.
    Barraind and Yinla like this.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

I support either of these ideas, prefer just making them tradeable period.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Figure this one out - you can unattune them with Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner from the Overseer merchant or the loyalty merchant and then trade them or sell them in baz for big bucks

Sounds to me like another way of rotating currency in the game.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Just make them tradable.
    Barraind and Yinla like this.
  6. Mossaa Augur

Just keep them as they are atm, /overseer is a catch up mechanism, not an easy money grabber mechanism where you can sell all the loot you get from it.
    Kaenneth and Elyssanda like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Making them heirloom won't make them a money grabber and there are plenty of people who would like to help others with this but can't because they are no trade. I find it unlikely that it would be a major money source for long since it doesn't do current expansion items.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Who would pay much for a collectible you can get yourself from Overseer in a day?
    Aanuvane and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

They did not want to make duplicate items for every collectible just for Overseer to control their tradability so they added an attunable flag to the existing item records. They are no trade because they are attuned when you claim the collectible reward, but otherwise there's no way for you to attune them yourself. You cannot send attuned items through shared bank, I wouldnt think, so adding Heirloom doesn't help out, and that just invites people opening bug reports that they picked up a collectible and its marked heirloom when its tradable.

Because people don't just need one they need 100s/1000s to cover a character.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And most of those items don't sell for much to begin with, it is only the rare ones that ever tend to sell for a lot. And if you have them as tradeable more people could help each other out and not everyone is looking to profit from it.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Right. Buy the reasonably priced ones, skip the gougers and get those through Overseer yourself.

Or, if you're that stinking impatient to get it done RIGHT NOW, then I guess pay the stupid prices ;)
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Since I play on FV, I didn't know they were untradeable on other servers. Looking at the bazaar on FV, there are a lot of collectibles available at all levels and some for a pretty high cost.

On FV, I've used three accounts to funnel collectibles to the one character I wanted to bump up AA via collectibles for just the areas I didn't want to get the GS (i.e. heroic missions where only 4 might spawn per run). I've sold off collectibles I've picked up as GS that were excess to my needs at the time (and these were from open areas, not via Overseer).
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

Ones claimed through rewards from Overseer are attuned, this isnt about ones collected from open world.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing that those are still tradeable on FV since it is a free trade server.
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

As I noted, I am on FV, they are tradable on FV. I passed collection items from Overseer collection thingy (combine 4 to make 1) from one account to another. I did not sell any of the ones I got via Overseer, but I could have if I wanted to and suspect there are some who do.

Since I have played on FV for all but a few months of the time I have played EQ, I am always surprised what isn't tradeable on other servers.
  16. Soulbanshee Augur

Attuned items can be traded on FV without unattuning?
  17. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

On FV, they don't get a no trade flag when attuned. We pass down armor that has been worn all the time, including class armor. Most items that are No Trade on other servers are tradeable on FV, like the raid dropped armor pieces and raid dropped spell upgrade thingies. Always been that way since day 1 of the server. I think there might be one other server with that ruleset.
  18. Raltar Augur

Yeah. Very few items cannot be traded on FV, regardless of if they are attuned or not. I still get the attunement message when I equip an item, but it doesn't matter because I can still trade it after.
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. Heimdall Elder

Putting them up for sale would be a money maker. I've seen people who put up the (especially the Combat Drop) collectibles from (especially the Dungeon Zones) collectibles for 300-500K per item. I've never been desperate enough to intentionally buy one for that. I cap myself at ~50K for a collectible pretty much. Any more than that and I'll use a Dispenser for it.
    Rijacki likes this.
  20. Heimdall Elder

An 85/100 Heroic ROG can SOS through almost every zone out there, so use that guy to collect the ground spawns, then use the dispensers on the combat drops. Eventually you may have to ding the ROG to 105 or whatever for SOS2.