Which tank and healer?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Touvas, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Gnomeland Augur

Warrior disciplines are stronger. But knights have more of them. Shadow knights in particular have 4. Their epic can also double as a discipline. So that's like 5. You should have one up at all times as a shadow knight, except against easy pulls.
  2. demi Augur

iirc warriors have more defense discs than SK .. and their 1% mit over knights makes a HUGE difference when mobs hit for 100 -200k a round or more on named mobs.. take an average warrior that say has 400k hps (low i know) thats 4k in mitigation every 6-12 seconds ..cause lets face it without a healer trash or named would go thru those 400k hps quick.. knights can heal themselves which helps them mitigate that 1% where warriors prevail ..

also warriors like i said have more discs that can run constant ..

Sk's get lifetaps plus there 4 or 5 discs ..

Pally's get there 3 or 4 discs plus healing

I play all 3 tanks , however currently im playing pally .

I like all 3 classes , but im partial to pally or SK more than the warrior ..
  3. Tucoh Augur

I don't know if it's optimal or not but my shaman's setup is to primarily target my tank and hit their multibind that consists of

reckless 1
    spirit of renewal HoT to proc synergy
    reckless 2
    composite roar
    reckless 3
    spiritual squall

My primary goal is to just blast the tank with healing while keeping Luminary's Synergy up on the group in case there is AE damage, where I hit a different key to cast spiritual swell immediately (if it's up...).

The renewal HoT does f all when casting it frequently but there is so much random healing on the tank that synergy is consumed extremely fast. There isn't much that can happen that'll kill the tank where a reckless #2 cast would've saved them.
  4. Heimdall Elder

I'm doing something similar, but I'm doing melee. I already had the WAR/SHM box from when I played originally, I added a BARD box, and I use CLR, ROG, ROG mercs. The Bard and SHM push melee dps higher thus the ROG mercs. I let the CLR Merc heal, Melody the bard, play the war with my right hand, and shaman with the left, slowing and dot'ing.
  5. p2aa Augur

100 k -200 k round is not group mob, he's speaking of group content, hits are much less than this.
    Still, are you trying to imply that 4 000 dmg less per round is making a difference between life and death ? On tanks (knights included) with 500 k + HP pools ?

Warriors have more mitigation option, but they are beaten by knight self healing power, especially in group content with mobs that don't hit hard.
    That's pretty simple, a warrior cannot go without a healer, knights can go without healer.
  6. demi Augur

you must be raid geared , if you think 500k+ hp pools is average for group geared tanks ..
    im group geared with ToL T3 with every slot filled in with AC augs from the last 3 expansions and i barely hit 420k hps fully buffed ... and thats with my sword/board.. I might have a few upgrades that need attending to but those few will not make up 80k+ in hps ..

and its very easy that a trash mob in ToL can do 100k dmg on a tank in just a round or 2.. what i was pointing at is that warriors need a healer , where as knights dont .. also yes the 4k less dmg per round adds up fast whether your a tank and you dont think so or not .. thats how Raid peeps think against group content ..

it always is funny when i read posts about group content and raid people putting in their 2cp on the subject ..

you may disagree with me which is fine.
  7. Gialana Augur

I agree about the 4k less dmg every 6-12 seconds probably not making a life and death difference. However, group mobs can output 100-200k a round in T2 ToL zones depending on the circumstances.

The first chart is a trash mob in Basilica. I was using sword and board on this particular mob but had no defensive discs running.

The second chart is a rare mob in Basilica. I was using sword and board with Armor of the Inquisitor and Revered Guardian Discipline.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Are you sure about those #'s? My SK has 433K HP fully buffed, and has only T1 ToL items, in 13 slots (8 visibles and 5 others), the rest are ToV T1/TS items. Augs are OK, nothing to get excited about.

Are you including the SK's HP buff (Adamant Stance)? That's another 40K HP.

https://www.raidloot.com/profile/6198
  9. Laronk Augur

When you box and don't use special tools you can't understate how nice it is to have coth.
    Wayylon likes this.
  10. demi Augur

so are you saying you have 433k hps with Adamant stance ?

so here is my Raidloot profile .. i just created it
    https://www.raidloot.com/profile/13214
  11. Laronk Augur

Pretty much every class has lots of button pushing now, really you just need a couple audio triggers like one for what ever the current version of field defender is called and warriors also have a short defensive disc that they use as well. But good use of multibinds all the tanks are about as good as eachother. For raiding paladins im pretty sure that they have one fewer defensive disc than Shadow knights, I don't think paladins have an equivilent to Cursed guardian disc.
    Vumad likes this.
  12. Szilent Augur

62648 Corrupted Guardian Discipline Rk. III SHD/117 7587 + 30/sec 0s 12m T17 2m n/a Self
    1: Increase Melee Mitigation by 36%
    2: Decrease Hit Damage by 60% (v185)
    3: Decrease Chance to Critical Hit by 10%
    4: Cast: Corrupted Guardian Effect III (v374)

62339 Revered Guardian Discipline Rk. III PAL/117 7587 + 30/sec 0s 12m T17 2m n/a Self
    1: Increase Melee Mitigation by 36%
    2: Decrease Hit Damage by 60% (v185)
    3: Decrease Chance to Critical Hit by 10%
    4: Cast: Revered Guardian Effect III (v374)
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Correct, 433k HP w/Adamant Stance

Comparing our profiles, you have 27K HP more added by your gear, compared to me.

I may know the discrepancy. When you say "fully buffed", do you mean only self-buffed?

For me, I'm including self-buffs, Druid buffs from my main, cleric buffs from my merc, and then shammy talisman from a buff toon I have.
  14. demi Augur

when i say fully buffed im talking Focus buffs from shaman and cleric hp/ac buff plus bst, rangr, and my self buffs ..

I do not have a druid , or cleric who will buff me with Luclinite blessing and cleric symbol + aC buff :(

cleric merc only casts symbol not the AC extra buff
  15. Cannikin Augur

One important factor that I don't see other people mentioning is that warriors have a dual wield stance that lets them do nearly as much DPS as 2H without most of the defensive drawbacks, and you can still use Flash of Anger which you can't with 2H. I DW 100% of the time in group content.

If you want the tank to contribute DPS (as opposed to going shield stance), there is a relatively large mitigation/defensive advantage for a DW warrior vs a 2H knight (though things like the SK epic even it out a little).
  16. Ultrazen Augur

You can't go wrong with any of the tanks, I'd go SK for the ease of pulling and having snare on the pull character, makes your life easier in some spots. With a bard and a chanter SK can free cast, which turns them into DPS monsters.

The only change I'd make, is to change wiz to druid, chanter/druid/mage has insane synergy. Druid skin to plant, and fire debuffs are awesome for the mage, and the druid can DPS just fine. Also gives you a backup healer just in case, which can also be handy. Druid debuffs and dots seem to land on everything as well. There will be places where both the mage and the wiz would have a hard time landing.