Suggestion: Slayer Achievement Section for Expansions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KushallaFV, Dec 1, 2022.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Add a Slayer section that rewards a significant experience for an expansion zone. It could be separated out into a several tiers with an increasing reward. For example, increasing experience reward for tiers killing 10, 50, 100 Luclin moon wolves specific to that zone.

Opens the game up a bit for people to solo some progress, when they can’t group for quests. Adds some extra milestone content for an expansion, and reasons to hang out in a new expansion.

Alternatively, add experience and expansion currency back to Mercenary tasks.
    Aenvar and Yinla like this.
  2. demi Augur

dont select mercenary reward .. you get more xp with the reg exp reward at higher lvls for mercs ..
    at low lvls 85 - 100 might not be so .. higher lvls and higher overseer quests give decent merc xp for the regular xp rewards..
  3. Gialana Augur

There are already Slayer achievements for killed every rare mob in an expansion that offer bags as rewards. Are you suggesting they include an experience reward with those?
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

No, more akin to the bane achievement slayers, but no bane ability and tied to an individual zone in an expansion. I’ll update my OP to clarify.
    Gialana likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think he might be say to add another sub category under the current "Slayer" that would reward exp per tier. But there is already a "progressive" sub ach. Most of them affect Banestrike with no exp for the ach under Slayer - General.

Not really sure. Only OP can clarify.

Sorry posted when OP was posting saying was going to change his post
  6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I’ll admit not the clearest post. It’s just taking the Mercenary & Partisan experience design and applying bonuses for milestones as a grind option. Gives a solo or molo player something to do, while waiting for a group. This adds more measurable content to an expansion.

The other option I mentioned at the end is to just put experience back on the Mercenary tasks and some alternate currency. This makes content more repeatable.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They could also add group-currency to the slayer rewards, that way even people who had maxed their level would get something out of it. Imho there are too few ways to earn group currency in modern expansions, repeating the same four missions again and again, gets old after a while.

And giving Soloers an option to earn currency is not a bad thing imo. There is too little to do in EQ1 without a group
  8. Paladin Augur

Slayers are universal. When new models are added, they 'should' also be added to a related category in existing Slayer Achievements.

Hunter's are expansion / zone specific.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

He's not talking about Overseer. He's talking about the zones quests classified as "Mercenary" quests.
  10. Zarkdon Augur

I would settle for a slayer reward that isn't a bag.
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. demi Augur

Oh lol that makes more sense :p
    Tatanka likes this.
  12. Cidran Augur

If you played Dungeons & Dragons Online, this will remind you of the Slayer Quests in the Wilderness areas.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Slayer

Leaving the penalty aside, I think it's a great idea. Would love to see it in EQ.