Buff Wizards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mongol311, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I remember that time my grouped almost wiped, thankfully we were saved by a wizard that had 2 point damage shield and an Eye of Zomm.
    Tucoh likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yep

[IMG]
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Berserkers & Wizards should be somewhat comparable though I would say Berserkers are fading fast right now so they'd be a poor starting point before their crit stagnation & post-dicho-fix damage profile is reviewed.
  4. Derd Augur

Soon, any wizards jump on test yet?
  5. Coagagin Guild house cat

Yes, but we were asked to leave as to no longer embarrass ourselves.
    Mongol311 likes this.
  6. Arlien New Member

Any updates on this?
    Waitwhat and Mongol311 like this.
  7. kizant Augur

Destructive Adept is probably all for now. They mentioned more AA updates after launch but there's suggestions for lots of things. Part of the fix may be more adjustments to other classes like we just saw with Enhanced Ruin. And really big changes might have to wait for a level increase expansion. Who knows.
    Mongol311 likes this.
  8. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

It's just so hilarious to me that DOT classes got years of 'explosive growth' of DOT power (devs own words) but when it comes time to re-balance wizards, it's this incremental 1% at a time approach, like god forbid they catch us up slightly faster than a 3 legged tortoise...
  9. Waitwhat Elder

I've said it before somewhere, but the easy fix might be taking all the wizard nuke spells and increasing their base damage. Wizards would still be struggling subjects to poor rng, crit and proc variations, but it's a start.
    Mongol311 likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No need for them to rush into changes and make things worse in the opposite direction either.
  11. Mell Man New Member

I am all for buffing Wizards, but not at the expense of others. The new dot nerf that is incoming seems to be quite heavy handed and will sting for a long time.
  12. kizant Augur

Don't worry. It's not at all heavy handed. All those classes are in basically the same spot they were before.

They did this last year. It didn't fix everything and it actually created some problems. Working with AAs might be the better way to go. I've been posting some Mana Burn feedback and some other ideas that might help but we'll see. There should be more updates after launch and if 6 months go by and there aren't then it's prob time to start complaining again.
  13. Cimbaeth Elder

Back when the last expansion started, I was briefly (very briefly) in the top 5 for some raid parses, on one raid (Zelnithak) I was even number one several times. The other wizards in our guild- not so lucky. This however is a recurring pattern on expansions that they think we have been fixed a little, that we can parse better briefly if we snag new spells and the arms focus right out the gate, but as everyone else gets geared that effect fades until by the end of the expansion we are back in the standard parse of the top wizard hitting in the 15th to 20th dps spot and the others.. welp. By the end of the expansion it's back to being outparsed by shamans who are both dpsing and healing and while it was fun to briefly take away necros number one spot.. how dare I? I mean bad wizard.
    Wayylon and Mongol311 like this.
  14. Fohpo Augur

Some kind of parsing/log comparison tool akin to GW2Wingman or Warcraftlogs would be wonderful but I don’t know if it’s feasible; from what I remember in raids (haven’t raised since RoS, so this may have changed), you get some pretty wild variation in reporting between different people because of distances and such. Logging in EQ would require changes or the tool would need multiple people submitting logs to accurately measure a raid (groups should be fine I think). GW2 and EQ both suffer massively from gaps in player skill, but mechanics and game knowledge are way more accessible in GW2. Both games have complicated min/maxing, and I would argue that the EQ community tends to be more reserved/closed unless you’re in a circle of high end raiders. A lot of guild forums are relatively private and information about aDPS, group composition (I guess this is kinda solved), rotations, etc. aren’t publicly available often. Freelance and Primal Brood come to mind, but those tend to be published later on.

Anecdotal evidence: RoS enchanter being disgustingly busted; looking at average raids/most group content you’d never know though. Tons of players phone it in and view it as strictly support. Then take a player like Gotcharms and watch him play, ranking top 5/10 regularly (against other people who knew how to play) or soloing the entirety of RoS progression as a chanter.
  15. Waitwhat Elder

Which problems?
  16. kizant Augur

Mages.
  17. Waitwhat Elder

Hehe. But was it because they specifically boosted wizard spell base dmg?
  18. kizant Augur

We can't ignore that the devs have their own design goals and if they want direct damage spells to have a certain relative strength to one another across classes then that's just how it's going to be.

Additionally, I don't think our sustained/total DPS is in a bad spot. Especially with all the AEing on recent raids and the fact that we don't rely on things like headshot/assassinate to do consistent damage. Mages/necros will hopefully get back to a sane spot but that will take time while I think we should compare more with melee right now and forget about the broken classes. And in that I'd still like to see our 90s burn focused on specifically because we still lose in that aspect pretty badly. While adding base damage could solve the burn problem it would put us closer to being a broken class. I may want a 30% higher burn but I don't want the parse below to be 30% higher.

Combined (751): A grimling hunter in 13010s, 574.04B Damage @44.12M, 6. Kizant +Pets = 19.60B@1.63M in 12017s
    Dre. and Waitwhat like this.
  19. Valcron Elder

Any improvements with the new patch?
  20. Marcos New Member

Oh yes! We got a new evac! That'll surely push us up higher on the parse! Only if we toss a few nukes then evac the group out of combat....