$125 for Wednesday Addams Ornaments!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Make it happen!
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

What a shame there aren't independent artists who could take that request and make it, submit it for review by the art director, have it put in the game, and sold through the marketplace.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Small thing called "licensing" could be an issue.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

What does the ornament look like?
  5. Zarkdon Augur

Can't tell you now it's Thursday.
  6. Mossaa Augur

I think it's a good thing that only DB make stuff we see in EQ. That way we can get consistency in the stuff they make and DB will get all the money we use in EQ.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

And think of poor old Pugsley Addams. Forgotten. Shoved to the side. I demand a Pugsley Addams ornamentation!

:)
    MasterMagnus and Madeni like this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yes, imagine if they allowed some madman to put in wildly inappropriate things, like references to Doctor Who or something!
    Silvena likes this.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Nennius likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I loved the addams family Ricci played wednesday so perfect well they all did but you get the picture. Still have them on vhs.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. Petalonyx Augur

Watch the new Netflix series. It's surprisingly good. My whole family is loving it.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

VERY rough mock up.

[IMG]
    Stymie and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I know right!! :D
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

The best comment :D
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

16. Stymie Pendragon

That looks great, even as a rough draft. :)
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Thank you! This is how I would work pretty much, block out the parts in big patches of color (or blacks and whites). And then start to add materials. I didn't go very far, all I see are the mistakes and incomplete parts.

-I was lazy and just used a blurry capture of the top in the image I linked. I would go full on and make vector art shovels and pickaxes, and then make the print proper and sharp.
    -I would draw on the collar and lapels, to make them look more real than a big patch of white.
    -The buttons are all the way down the front, on the top and skirt. I don't know what I was thinking making them black with gray outline. They should be gray with black outline, and show the little stitching.
    -The belt looks like felt. I didn't make it look like leather, and forgot leather straps for the backpack.
    -The backpack looks like felt also, but I kind of like how it came out so far.
    -The skirt needs more texture and highlights, I was going for the stripe thing in her uniform.

[IMG]

This is another thing I miss. We used to have a separate sub forum for tradeskills, and we would take requests for player studio and discuss them. le sigh...

Edit:
    Actually, maybe go more for the image Veteran_BetaTester posted of the full uniform and backpack.

The jacket and skirt are the stripe thing, backpack straps over the arms, bigger lapel like I have, tie, sweater could be the shovel and pickaxe print, and keep my buttons (in gray, on the skirt).
    Veteran_BetaTester and Stymie like this.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I miss the old days where "whales" wasn't a thing, and microtransactions in games were considered bad taste.

$125 is insane. What does such a pricepoint tell the developers? They will just end up doing MTX cosmetics, rather than what the game actually needs....
    I would prefer we encouraged the devs to update the player-models instead.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Don't worry, you will never see a robe for $125 in the marketplace.

But don't miss out on the Large, Medium, or Small ROCK for $2 each, they are NEW!

With the 'devs' building such wonderful pieces as rocks and roots, I'm sure they will hop right on those new character models :rolleyes:
    Skuz likes this.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Actually, I shouldn't have said that. I reacted to, in my opinion, the overpriced rocks.

I totally support them making new items for the marketplace. My belief, the more the merrier.

Look at the items they offer, and the items by Icesy, Neko and others.

There is a huge selection for the holidays this year, and I think they all look great.