Mischief Tradeskilling

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pickaname, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Pickaname New Member

I have little to no experience with tradeskills this late in the game (almost PoR for Mischief) and was curious on how I should proceed.

Are the typical skill paths still the way to go? I have always used this spreadsheet on other TLPs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...u_T-bf8TQNEU4Uwm_OWZPg/htmlview#gid=651691685

Or are there better skill routes now?

Also, would I be wise to wait until PoR so that trophies will level easier before I start tradeskills?
  2. SoandsoForumUser Augur

If you don't mind doing the harder quest tradeskill trophies level way faster just picking them up at 6/7 instead of getting it at 50 skill as soon as you can, every skill I run from 50->300 with a starter trophy ends up around 5.5-5.7.
  3. Pickaname New Member

So you’re saying start tradeskills now and level trophies later?

Also is the skilling up path pretty much still the same as most other early TLPs?
  4. Silarius New Member

Lazy guy paths

Baking: Fish rolls -> 122, Penemeyer Pasta -> 191, Misty Thicket Picnic -> 300
    Brewing: Fetid Essence -> 122, Minotaur Hero Brew -> 248, Brut Champagne -> 300
    Blacksmithing: Banded -> 115, Fine plate -> 188, Mistletoe Cutting Sickle -> 260, Templates -> 300
    Fletching: Arrows at any fletching arrow NPC -> 202, racechange to Karana Human and Steel Guardian Arrows -> 300
    Jewelcrafting: Whatever you want early, eventually Velium Ruby Veil -> 282, Velium Diamond Wedding Ring -> however high that goes, Velium Blue Diamond Bracelet -> 300
    Pottery: Unfired Small Bowl -> 102, Unfired Casserole Dish -> 199, Unfired Opal Encrusted Stein -> 222, Unfired Star Ruby Encrusted Stein -> 300
    Tailoring: Woven Mandrake -> 66, Wu's -> 158, Ceremonial Solstice Robe -> 252, Templates -> 300
  5. Mithra Augur

When I see 1500p per ore I definitely want an alternative path to 300 smithing.
  6. Vlahkmaak Augur

Nah; Ore is free. Goto CT and farm weapons off lizard men and convert them.:)
  7. Xhartor Augur

The trade skill trophies are super easy with no skill, and they will rank up when you rank up. Do the quests get the trophies now, then focus on skill ups.

It also more work to do the trophies at 50 skill then workup the tradeskill.

Almars guides has some good trade skill guides.
  8. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

My advice, skill to 100, get trophy quest, skill up as high as you can, then actually do the quest. When you finish the quest you'll get the starter trophy and the certificate. When you combine the certificate with trophy equipped it will evolve to whatever matches your Current skill.

So if you got the tailor trophy at 100, skilled to 290, turned in quest, and did combine you would evolve trophy to 5 +80% instantly.

If you do the trophy at 50 you don't get a certificate so you're stuck with the starter trophy.
    Blastoff and Nennius like this.
  9. Nolrog Augur

Agree. The tradeskill trophies at the use mostly (if not all) vendor bought ingredients and are very easy to do. When you get to the higher level trophies they use harder combines (higher trivial, materials more rare), so do them ASAP.

As Xhartor said, the trophies will rank up as you skill up. If your skill gets higher then the trophie will accelerate their XP gain to catch up to you, plus you'll get some bonus to your skill with the trophy as you skill up along the way. Definitely the way to go.
  10. Appren Gnomercy

I tried this on research on an alt, it evolved to tier2 99% trophy, not tier 5 or whatever it would be how you suggest (243 skill) - basically stuck on a useless trophy (for now - later expansions give easier skill path), since research is a pain above 243.

Edit: ended up just deleting it and doing the expert quest, which took me all of 15 minutes including bazaar shopping.
  11. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Weird, this has been my go to method for ages, never had it not work