Rogue questios for the experts

Discussion in 'Melee' started by jcan3, Nov 14, 2022.

1. jcan3 New Member

Hello folks. i have 3 questions for the hardcore Rogue that i just cannot answer.
    1- even tho I can use my backstab in any spot around a mob does it benefit to be behind him or does it not matter?
    2- When I apply Shissar poison to my weapons if they light up on number 4 slot or number 6 slot in my effects window they do not work. Is that normal am i bugged in some way. they work in all other slots in the effects window.
    3- is there a good rogue guide that will help me with AA distribution. I am 119 now and plan or going big on AA as soon as i hit 120.
    Thank you in advance for any help.
    Andarriel, Wayylon and Nennius like this.
  2. DaciksBB Augur

I can answer 1 immediately, yes you need to be behind the mod to get the most out of backstab, while you do have an AA that allows you to backstab from anywhere you get the most number of hits from behind (think it's like 1 per press when not behind and 2-4 when behind?)
  3. Xynia Apprentice

You already get a pretty large bonus from the autogrants so I would probably start with important focus AAs like Onslaught, Frenzied, Twisted (maybe Synergy too but this could wait but it is important to get it done).
    Then your backstab AAs, followed by melee, followed by other focus that are useful such as mark and pinpoint and reefcrawler, and maybe aspbleeder and thief's vision( you might want to do this one sooner to get the 10m duration just for QoL purposes).
    Then I would do defensives and then finally your general stuff and the rest of the focus AA. Ultimately you will get them all, so, its not really anything to lose sleep over :p
  4. Silvena *poke*

It's a visual issue. It's proc'ing, just not counting down. Slots 4, 6, and sometimes 27 will do that to me. It'll just read 60 charges until you use them all up. Drives me nutty.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  5. jcan3 New Member

thank you all for the information it will surely help
  6. Knifen Augur

Never new what caused that visual bug nor that it was slot specific to cause it. Good to know. Thanks
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

Somewhere in the melee section is a link to the rogue Discord. Not sure if the link is still active or not, but there is a lot of good stuff in there, and most of your big time raid rogues can answer questions about stuff. You even have people like Sancus who number crunches and knows all about the SPAs and whatnot (I am still trying to wrap my head around those). Even at 120, I still have questions that I need answers to, even if they do seem a bit foolish.
    Andarriel and Silvena like this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

im like 20% from 120 myself on my rog what burn aa's does one use on lets say a named mob? i dont raid just group with my ranger and molo. Seems like rogues got alot of aa's i just dont know what good. I see onlsaught not even sure my rog has that will have to check. Are there any other backstab aa's that are activated?
  9. Pickter New Member

What is your question here? Far as aas you always use shadows flanking and rakes rampage but you need also use rogues fury. You have to convo your 5 minute cooldown with the big one,:
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

just basic aa's that i will use most.
  11. Xynia Apprentice

I like to run Frenzied, Rogues Fury, Spire, Rampage, Composite, and Shadow's Flanking all together. Mark/Pinpoint if its not already running from someone else.
    Follow up with twisted, executioners (some argue ragged here), knife, ragged(or exec), exotoxin (drop early for knife) and netherbian , knifeplay. Then start burns all over again. At the 5 minute mark you can hit composite, shadow flanking, and mark again.

If you have your epic 2.0, keep it on cooldown. click before burns, if it comes off cooldown during burns, wait till they are done.
    Wayylon and Silvena like this.
  12. Filter Augur

Are there any good guides or even some videos to help me with burns? My rog is 120 with 35k aa's.
    No raiding, just group gear and just recently created this toon. I run him with shm, zerk, bard.