Why aren't TLP's double loot after The Buried Sea?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Logulai, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

Additional backflags / reduced flag requirements would be nice though so guilds could spend more time farming the final tier of expansions vs first tier.
    Ishbu and Logulai like this.
  2. Logulai Journeyman

This is awesome info thank you! Most of what i've heard was that people rotate what they focus on gearing (visuals, and then weapon with accessories)
  3. 3rdconix Elder

Holy strawman arguments, batman!

No we shouldnt sit in an era for a year because we are a TLP aka accelerated servers. You make no sense saying that.

You also realize gear is naturally more powerful as well. There is a very strong argument a player requires much LESS loot than previously. Let's see how that flies.

More loot =/= isnt QOL. It's entitlement, power creep, and devaluation of raids.

News flash: TBS wasn't a year expansion
    Ishbu likes this.
  4. Ishbu Augur

Post proof, showing the number of ticks I got, date range, and total ticks in that range. You specifically said I quit multiple times in the level 70 era. You flat out said and defended your statement that I quit multiple times in the level 70 era. Lets assume you are smart enough to know that missing a week from a suspension isnt quitting, its just missing a couple raids, I trust we can agree you are that intelligent yes?

So Omens of War started the level 70 era on 11/10/2021. PoR ended the level 70 era on 07/20/2022. Post visual proof showing the ticks in this era since you claim to be able to see them, and then show the gaps of time where I obviously quit and left for at least a couple weeks. I mean I did have planned family vacation starting 02/04/2022 that had me out for a week, posted about ahead of time, but Im pretty sure you are going to have to claim that as quitting to make yourself feel correct here.

I suspect though you will not be posting this proof because it would show you being wrong. Ive never quit, been playing on these servers since the first 2 minutes they were live. You just keep getting angrier and angrier in your replies but you have nothing concrete to back up any of your nonsense. Im asking you to prove it, so go ahead, lets see you try and back this up, but of course, if this shows that I was clearly at raids and not quit, youre going to look the fool. Want to risk it or just slink away from this?
  5. Ishbu Augur

This is actually along the lines of what a reasonable suggestion and QoL improvement should be. It doesnt make a lot of sense that the MMM raid only flags 12 people for Crystallos in SoF as an example.
    Logulai likes this.
  6. Logulai Journeyman

Thanks for stating that. Glad you realize it's a "TLP aka accelerated server". It's not and will never be an exact re-hashed experience of people's "classic" experience. And if in the reference you are talking of more loot would be due to getting into the final tier of an expansion how is that power creep, entitlement, or devaluation of raids. You are talking about being able to clear the content MAYBE a week earlier. Which, oh wow, it gives you an entire week of the highest end game raiding equipment of that expansion. And that is game breaking and just oh so aweful to you? lol...

Just not seeing the logic behind not even wanting the flagging process to be slightly boosted. Because it affects that experience you were hoping for every time you log on? Like reliving your glory days?

Pointless time gating is one of the most hated things in any MMO. This would ease that a little bit. AND AGAIN, they already did it for PoP and OOW.
  7. 3rdconix Elder

Nor it won't, but that doesn't make that a good excuse to request double and triple loot dropping all the time.

Never did I once mention QOL changes like flagging. Do you actually read what people write or just go on rants? It seriously seems like the latter considering your near stalker-level post about another person. Get a life, dude.

I'm fine with QOL flagging changes because that removes tedium and timesinks. That's a dying aspect of MMOs and you'll never find me fighting for timesinks. That being said, by getting into content quicker, people are naturally going to get more gear. This further reinforces the idea of needing double/triple loot is ridiculous.

At the end of the day, the same item now is more powerful than it was in 2007 because of the heroic changes and overall stat consolidation. Classes are naturally more powerful from all the game changes over time. The events are easier due to nerfs and the corresponding player power creep. The result is people are getting into the content quicker, clearing it quicker, and getting more gear than ever before. Why do we need even more? There's no reason besides entitlement and greed. Stop with the nonsense.

If anything, you can argue that even less gear should drop but the community would collectively lose their minds.

And I like the changes. However, the OOW changes were only just recently done. Let's not pretend it's been around since the dawn of TLPs.
  8. Rogean Lorekeeper

Just because power levels are higher on TLP than they were in current content is not a reason to dismiss the reasons behind this change. Considering:

Upgrading from a TSS/TBS Weapon to an SoF Weapon is going to increase a player's power just as much now as it did back then.
    People want to feel accomplished each expansion.
    You now have a quarter of the time to achieve those goals.

When people go raid after raid without even seeing the items drop that they want it causes a lot of frustration. I'm seeing this right now with many classes in my guild not seeing what they wanted from TSS. I can also tell you from my own experience when my guild only got a single DBoW in 5 months, I lost the motivation to play outside of raids. Thankfully BBoB is more common, but during that 5 months of PoP / LDoN I was basically raid logging, during one of the best expansions in the game.

The entire point of TLP's is to experience the fun of these expansions again. Numerous changes they've made over the years have made it easier to enjoy each of these expansions, through power increases and flagging changes. We're now seeing them testing bonus loot things on other TLP's, like Mischief and Vaniki, and those servers haven't even made it to TSS+ yet. SoF and beyond take a lot more gearing than any of the expansions before it, and could certainly benefit from bonus loot.
    Jimmi likes this.
  9. Logulai Journeyman

The OOW changes were "recently done" just like the PoP ones were recently done. It's all due to mischief. Because of their random loot they needed to make sure it didn't screw with flagging, and actually made it easier. Does this also mean they are going to have double loot of flagging in SoF +?

And if you don't mention something specific with extra loot or QoL then of course it can be interpreted a certain way. not a blanket statement of More loot =/= isnt QOL. It's entitlement, power creep, and devaluation of raids. Because an extra week of the final tier of loot could easily be seen like that without information of what you are referencing.

Don't worry about the post with the other guy, I know the dude and people in the guild know him. So we aren't surprised by his messages and claims on here. I didn't even read the last message he made about it because someone asked us to refrain from that.
  10. 3rdconix Elder

Cool. And we also get out of era innate damage AAs that makes melee as powerful with TBS weapons as people with SOF weapons back in 2007 were, if not stronger.

Compared to what? Only 10 guilds beat SOF serverwide on Live. Of those 10, only 6 beat it before there was 3 months left. TLPs get virtually the same amount of time because of the speed at which content is cleared. You say they only have a quarter time to achieve the goal is a serious hyperbole without acknowledging the sheer amount of knowledge, power, changes there have been to these expansions over the last 15 years.

The only compromise that may be reasonable is asking for newly created raid currency for expansions that didn't have them previously. I could get on board with that. However, the currency attained should be minimal. I'm talking 2-3 items at the max by the time the expansion ends. That way people can get their "chase" items and feel "accomplished."

My guild only saw 2-3 DBoWs in during POP back in the early days of live.

I went over a year on live without seeing a single Arcekor drop ever. I even want back to collect it on live solo and gave up after 6 months clearing it once a week. I used swiftcleave/2.0 basically until SOF. That's part of the game. Not everyone gets everything they want. It's what makes the EQ experience unique. If you don't like it, request a server with more relaxed loot rule sets, don't try to modify current ones.

If a single item keeps you from enjoying the game you need to rethink if you actually enjoy the game.

And part of that experience is praying to the RNG Gods. Part of the experience isn't to get everything you want in terms of items.

The rules were set in place. If you felt there was a need for double loot it should have been requested before launch. Not two years in.
    Ishbu likes this.
  11. fakenames Journeyman

thats because uf and foward are double. he is asking for it to instead be sof foward. honestly it probably should be double tbs foward.

that said please double sof flagging drops. 12 each means you have to split the initial zones 8 times so you can 4 split mmm so you can be in crystallos week 1.

edit: i guess uf isnt double it just starts in the phase where the loot is increased heavily that all expansions have going foward but that is effectively the same thing.
    Logulai likes this.
  12. Hamshire Augur

The early expansions need a currency system. From Veil of Alaris on every expansion has a tired currency system so that the 1-3 items that EVERYONE wants and or that one item that just will not drop no matter how many times you kill the boss you can then just save up your currency for that tier and go buy it.

This is what the Veil of Alaris one looks like.
    [IMG]

Now just imagine!

[IMG]
  13. Logulai Journeyman

You raid PoP for 5 months. plenty of DBOW's in that time frame. And you can easily go back to farm bloodfrenzy if you didn't get it in the 3 months you did luclin since it is still viable through the entire PoP expansion.
  14. 3rdconix Elder

3 DBoWs and 2 BFs. They really flowed like water lol
  15. Hamshire Augur

The point is that nobody likes to get screwed by rng when a system has already been put in place to prevent it. The devs knew and know this thus why every expansion From Veil of Alaris and on have a currency system. Hell in a few more years and the game is going to have more expansions WITH the currency system then without so why not just copy paste it into the expansions without it.

As for the SoF double flag request, if you do a search on this this has been requested at least once every time a TLP as has reached SoF and it has fallen on def ears so good luck!
  16. Rogean Lorekeeper

1 DBoW in 5 months of PoP, which I previously mentioned in this thread. Far from plenty.
  17. Logulai Journeyman

okay yeah. that is incredibly aweful luck. We had 7, and 7 bloodfrenzy. Guess it all depends how many splits you can do the entire duration of the expansions. And open world targets of cursed.
  18. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Raid Currency is one of the best things that has ever been added to this game. In another post on this forum, I toyed with the idea of asking the devs to implement raid currency into eras earlier than VoA. I never did get around to making the post, but maybe it is something I should do. SoF, SoD, UF and HoT would surely benefit from Raid Currency, as would some of the early eras of EQ. Im not clear as to how much work it would be to implement something like that on the devs end though.

I can tell you this, on phinny playing through SoF to TBM, I didn't have much of an issue gearing my toon at all, especially once Currency was added to the equation. Being in a guild that splits content does help though.