Night of Shadows F&F Pre-Order Awarding 'Lore' Satchels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BrutusMax, Nov 16, 2022.

1. BrutusMax New Member

(I posted this originally in the Player Support thread but after not getting a response, was advised to re-direct the post here.)

As an old PoP-era EQ player that has recently returned to the game and was excited to use the Heroic Upgrade feature, I wanted to support the community, Daybreak, and my long-term love of EverQuest by pre-ordering the Night of Shadows upcoming expansion. I was excited for all the addition goodies included in the various tiers and most notably, zero'ed in on the Satchels of Perpetual Twilight, the 42 Slot bags. I noticed on the Expansion Content portion of the EverQuest website, it listed that the Premium Edition had an x2 multiplier near the bag, and the Friends & Family Edition had an x3 multiplier. It also stated that each selection of items, and their respective multipliers were "Claimable once per account."

Imagine my surprise, when after purchasing the Friends & Family Edition for $225, and beginning to claim the items in-game, that it appears the Satchel of Perpetual Twilight is a "Lore" item and only one bag is given, not the x3 bags that were advertised. The page clearly states that there are 3 bags that are claimable once per account, yet the satchel is tagged "Lore" and you only get 1 bag.

No where on the entire expansion information page, or the mouse over text bubble does it say this Satchel is "Lore".

[IMG]

If we go over to the "Packs" section of the EverQuest website, we can look at the House of Thule Collector's Edition Bundles. Here we see that the "Trying Trunk", and "Vexing Valise", include the word "Lore" in paranthesis in the actual text of the description, and even the mouseover bubble on the 20 and 16 slot bags lists those bags as being "Lore".

[IMG]

Is this a bug or an oversight? I don't mean to cause trouble, but this is completely misleading for anyone that has never purchased Expansion Content before. Clearly the ability to describe an item as "Lore" exists on the EQ website in other sections, so why is it not listed anywhere in the Expansion Content portion for pre-ordering Night of Shadows? A simple $63 purchase of the Collector's Edition would have sufficed in obtaining a 42 slot satchel if one didn't want the extra stuff, instead of $225 for the Friends & Family.

Please advise.
  2. Knifen Augur

It also says it comes with 5 Ogre Heritage Crates to claim, mine came with 1. Waiting for the expansion to drop to see if it auto fixes.
  3. Morgium New Member

dont know if they "fixed" it. but thats what it looks like for me...!
    [IMG]
  4. demi Augur

the bags from the expansion purchases have always been Lore iirc .. you cant have multiples of the same lore bag on the same toon , however you can claim another bag on a different toon ..

does your /claim window show 3 bags for the NoS expansion ? try loggin in another toon and using /claim and see what it shows there..

also you can /claim the bag on a toon then move that bag into the shared bank then claim another bag on same toon ..
  5. Zunnoab Augur

Remember when they used to give enough for 1000 alts? It's funny it's a super premium option now to get enough for two.

Wait if they are tradeable my foot is in my mouth.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

I am honestly unimpressed with the 42-slot bags and will likely keep them in the Claim window forever. I'm filled with 40-46 slot bags, with another expansion coming where there's even more. My bank is crying, the shared bank is filled with bags within bags. Help!
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Myysterio Lorekeeper

the bags have always been lore. But they are heirloom, can redeem on more than one toon on the same account. Its annoying, but I put them on my mules.

Can also put them in your shared bank slots.
  8. BrutusMax New Member

Yes you are correct. It appears that the website has been updated to include the (Lore) tag since I posted this.

This is great to inform individuals that will pre-order in the future, but it still means those of us that pre-ordered previous to them fixing the website were misled to believe we would get 3 of something when we only received one.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

so you can claim on the 1st toon and put in the Shared area. Claim on the 1st toon. now have access to two bags , load in an ALT on the same acct and claim the 3rd bag.
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Happygame New Member

I found the exact same problem. I bought the F&F and planed to give the main char 3 42 slots bags but found it’s “lore” after /claim. For new / returning players, 3 42 slots bags can be or can’t be used by 1 toon might change their transactional decision of the Exp pack.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Pretty funny someone thought they were non lore lol
    demi likes this.
  12. Weebaaa Augur

No, it's not, really.
    Sure the precedent had been set by previous expansions, OP is a returning player, so does not have previous expansion experience to base their decision from.

The inclusion of the lore tag in other bundles, and the subsequent addition of it to the website, indicates that it was unclear.
  13. demi Augur

I will have to agree with Andarriel .. kinda funny .. even a returning player should do some research .. also why would someone go balls out and purchase a F & F expansion costing $250 bucks Vs. the prem or collector's edition for half that.

Also he could of purchased the Premium for $139 got 2 bags (each lore , so only 1 for his current main toon) then he could of purchased the Vexing Vermin bundle which includes 2 40 slot bags for $40 .. that would of givin his toon 3 40slot+ bags for $180 or even better and cheaper buy the collector's edition and Vexing Vermin bundle and he still gets his 3 bags for toon and its only $110 bucks WAY cheaper .. and he is still supporting EQ ..

IF OP is truly a returning player and hasnt played since pop era then I feel slightly bad he wasted his money on the F $ F expansion .. I dont know why anyone buys that expansion unless its on sale .. I wouldnt buy it ( I have before) , but I waited till it was on sale and I got the first one when they put it on sale for 50% off ..yes I had to wait a year but it was worth it .. I do not buy the FF anymore due to their sale is only 25% off now ..

I donate to EQ via purchasing my 6 - 8 basic expansions once every 2 years accept my main which buys it every year then my main buys the prem when on sale .. this year i'll prolly purchase 2 or 3 NoS basic expansions just for the Tradeskill Depot ..

I'm not one to go out and spend $200+ on a game i have not played in close to 20 years.. there is a reason he stopped playing 20 years ago , I would think he would of been more cautious about spending that much before coming back .. like started playing for free for awhile and then eased into buying the basic expansion then if he really liked it and wanted to give more to EQ then buy the prem or F$F .. just my thoughts or 2coppers