Returning casual…server?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by AxanBearClaw, Nov 11, 2022.

1. AxanBearClaw Journeyman

Hey everyone!

Long time player returning to live for the first time in many years. It seems like FV, Bertox, BB and Tunare run the highest populations…is that correct? Do any of them have a decent casual/non max level presence, or guilds centered around it by chance?
  2. zukias New Member

as a returning player, I see that live servers are top heavy and not much support for low level players. at least from my experience, I assume experience may very /shrug. don't know much about TLP servers.
  3. AxanBearClaw Journeyman

Oh I’ve thoroughly enjoyed a few TLPs, but character progression if you’re not raiding is basically impossible. Seems like there’s a lot more to do on live without raiding before hitting a dead end progression wise. Fully expect to be pretty dead low levels, but even some folks in the 70-100 range would be nice.
  4. Astefin Journeyman

I cannot speak for other servers, but Xegony has three decent sized casual guilds: Knights Resolute, Forsaken Destiny, Lions of the Heart.
    Knights Resolute has several returning players in it with several in the 70-105 range.

I cannot tell you much about the other two though.

If you wanted to try out Knights Resolute on Xegony, you can give me a tell on Lyriczin, Rodimus, or Astifen. I am always in game regardless if on though. If you get an afk message, I will reply when back on. You could also message Zbak, Ioms, Dobie, or do a who all of guild and ask for someone to invite you.

Besides that, feel around some. See what is right for you, even if it is two days one server, two days another until you find a server. Look in bazaar, see how many sellers,. Look in general, see how many are in the chat, and go looking at buff piles. This will give you an estimate if the server has a decent population.

Besides that, ask around in general or new players chat about casual guilds and talk to an officer or guild leader or three. If you get in there and they weren't honest or it just doesn't mesh with you, rinse and repeat.

Lots to do in EQ, you just have to feel out what it is that YOU want to do.
  5. AxanBearClaw Journeyman

I really appreciate the thought out feedback! Thanks Astefin, will definitely look around and be in touch.
  6. zukias New Member

will look into that. thanks for the info

7. Treiln Augur

Xegony was my server when I played last go round and it was a fantastic server. Lots of casual/new/returning friendly guilds that seemed to do quite a bit of internal grouping.

Playing on FV right now and did a lot of Molo (as a Paladin) up to level 100 now, and haven’t really tried much grouping but I’ve had some groups inside my guild (IF) and they’re a great group of people who group up all the time. But they’re mostly top end as well.
  8. Shanarias Augur

I found a good one on Vox last night, called Archaic Guard. I may have finally found an actual home on EQ.
    Rijacki and Tatanka like this.