Large Brick of Steel incorrect price

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ObservingOak, Nov 13, 2022.

1. ObservingOak New Member

Category: Tradeskills
    Date/Time: Mon Nov 14 00:22:21 2022

Character: Level 1 Druid (Main)
    Zone: Surefall Glade

Target NPC: Qaelin Hailstorm
    Target Location: 176.00, 140.00, 3.75, 360.00

Description: This NPC is selling Large Brick of Steel for the incorrect price. The NPC is asking for 55 Platinum, which is the cost of the Large Block of Steel. The Tunare's Large Brick of Mithril costs 18 Platinum and the Large Block of Mithril costs 55 Platinum. If this goes unfixed the same combine for two different Deities costs astronomically different prices for effectively the same item.

Solution: Adjust the price of Qaelin Hailstorm's Large Brick of Steel to 18p 5g 5s 3c (the exact same cost of the Large Brick of Mithril).
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Why is this a bug? Many Deity choices have effects on your tradeskills ie: Tunare fletching
  3. Aanuvane Augur

I don't see a large block of steel in Lucy or EQTC. I only see a Large Brick of Steel which has been the same price since at least 2003?
  4. ObservingOak New Member

Wow this incorrect price has been in since 2003? I'm just kidding, I didn't realize different deities were expected to pay different prices for the same materials/combines. This is my first time playing a Karana deity and did not know the steel blocks were more expensive "just because". This non bug ticket can be closed.
  5. Aanuvane Augur

Yes - your purchase price can be affected by charisma, faction, etc.
  6. ObservingOak New Member

Checking on this EQTC site, it says Blocks of Mithril at 55pp can broken down into (3) Large bricks of Mithril, but the Karana Deity doesn't seem to get Blocks of Steel and their large bricks of steel cost 55pp each. Must have just been an oversight when the game was originally created.
    Mukkul likes this.
  7. Hegsheoshed Augur

It's because of the existence of halfling rangers. There is not a lot of love for the little guys. There was much derision when they were added. This is true racism at it's best.

I made a halfling ranger just to annoy a guild mate. I maxed his fletching and the trophy by doing other recipes and might have done one combine with those materials and gave up on the Karana only fletching recipes it bugged me that much. I only have the Bazu bone bows left and maybe a handful of other recipes. I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for the prices to change on the steel.