100 heroic - best way to upgrade and things to do

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by shiner421, Nov 10, 2022.

1. shiner421 New Member

Hello Folks,
    The last time I played EQ seriously was 2004, I never got past lvl 54 and I wanted to come back to EQ and I decided that I would pick up some 100 heroics and see about hitting end game.

My question is, how does one find out where to go to 'start' an expansion? I read something about picking up some lvl 101 augs in lcaenium however I only see lvl 105 augs and those require currency I dont have.

Is there an in game resource such as the Heros Journey I can use? I have never used that before but am thinking I should try that now.
  2. Astefin Journeyman

Welcome back to EQ.
    There is really no spot that you are forced to start with the majority of expansions. It is all find a zone for your level and grind or grind and do the zone progression.

As far as finding zones for your level, there are multiple resources to find that. Eqresources and allakhazam are both websites you can use to find information regarding expansions and levels. There are still dated, but good live leveling guides out there.

But, the best resource you will have is joining a helpful guild. They can point you in directions much quicker than simply Google it for 20 minutes to find a great spot.

Also, if you haven't done it, instead of hopping right into a lvl 100, hit up the tutorial and relearn the game. Then do lvl 20/30 and get the flow of things before the heroic character. Due to all the AA abilities, the lvl 100 is far more in depth than lower levels, but low level stuff can help get you back into the swing of things.

Side notes, make sure you get a mercenary (although they are currently broke), look into loyalty vendor in pok (if this is your same account) for some goodies, and check your /claim in game for other possible goodies. Also, the veteran rewards AAs are now open to all characters, regardless of account age.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hero's Journey is great for any level. Pick and expansion and start with the quests. Most of the sites we use have overviews of the expansions so just google - I use 3 or 4 because while EQ resource has a nice breakdown of the steps for the quest walk thrus and excellent maps of the stuff but they don't have very good comments from players. So I go to Allah to read up on those. Then Bonzz usually has a good walk thru with more info that those two. And there are a couple other sites like Fanra and Almar.

Make sure you downloaded your maps from Goods and Brewells

There is also the daily hot zone - while it only goes up to level 95 it can be fun to work your way back into how to play. If you didn't run a level 1 thru the tutorial already. And if you have alts, boxes or friends you can do the daily HA hot zones which right now with the bonus exp will really bump you up. All the exp on those comes at the end
  4. Zarkdon Augur

If you do decide to heroic get your trades skill trophies first or you will hate yourself.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. shiner421 New Member

yea, I missed that so its the hard grind for me if I ever go after tradeskills.
  6. shiner421 New Member

I should lvl to 110 and then level lock and farm AA, right?
  7. Alnitak Augur

Wrong. Maximize your level as fast as you can. AA's come aplenty at higher levels.
  8. shiner421 New Member

Ok, Ill grind ggribbs and see about finding another HA like it and grind those to max then!
  9. Treiln Augur

I believe the Gribbles (and the rest of the CotF expansion) falls off pretty hard in terms of exp after level 100.
    TBM HAs may be the place to go.
    TDS expansion should be fairly decent at level 100 still as well :)
  10. Shillingworth Augur

There are actually good outlines of each expansion's progression in the game. In a given expansions achievements, there is the Quests category which will contain Partisan and Mercenary quests list for each zone. Those are usually the solo tasks/missions but keep in mind solo doesn't mean it's tuned for a single character. Completing an entire set of those tasks nets a large XP or AA bonus, depending on what expansion they are for. There's also the Mission category which tend to be group missions that require at least 3 players to request but depending on class can potentially be completed by just one player.

Until you learn to play your character however all of those are going to be very difficult, if not impossible to do. Even though we've got a lot of QoL changes since 2004, the game hasn't grown any easier but it has grown a lot more complex. It will help tremendously if you can find someone that knows the class you chose to play to bounce questions off from. Modern spells/abilities have so much more packed into them than the single function stuff of the past.
    Treiln likes this.
  11. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

TDS is an awesome expansion to start back up in, try doing the progression quests there, and try to get to Thuliasaur Island. That place is excellent for grinding xp around level 100-105.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Oh, that reminds me to update this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...lts-on-live-server.284135/page-4#post-4178969

I'm leveling a couple new heroics, including a shadowknight that I'll drive my group with and posting updates in that thread. It was also updated by someone who leveled a bunch of characters from the start.

Get the ToV / ToL missions done before the extra life ends, you might hit 120 just from that! People sell taskadds for them if you don't have anyone to carry you through.