VOA Barrier Breakers ACH

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Knifen, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Knifen Augur

Monster Mission

Looking for some tips or pointers on this ach for those that remember doing it.

There are 8 entrances that need to be cleared in under 30 mins which leaves 3.75 min including the run to each entrance to clear it.

Does anyone remember which way yall started the run, which one maybe you saved last.

Did you have a puller go grab the diff sections and bring them to group or clear as you go?

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

3. Knifen Augur

But pull to group where, at zone in, or just outside each section.

Destroy the mini first is good idea, we just charged each section and aed but was still well over the 30 min section

That link talks more about beating the mission which is easy enough its the timed ach thats proving difficult.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Solusek Ro.
  5. Knifen Augur

How does Solusek Ro grant the time trial ach. Could you elaborate.
  6. Forcallen Augur

Few questions on this myself (folks that have don't recall since its been so long) and the wording might have a few meanings. Achievement reads: "Cleanse all temple entrances within 30 minutes".

So does that mean just clearing all trash from the outer most ring of zone leading up to the "temples" within 30 minutes? IE burning down like 100+ zone trash as fast as possible

Or does this include killing the 8 mini's in the temples in addition to the trash? IE killing the 100+ zone trash and the 8 mini "a corrupted ereth of XXX" within 30 minutes

Or does it mean you only have to kill the 8 mini's within 30 minutes of each other? And can actually pre-clear all zone trash prior to engaging the minis.

Thanks for any info
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I've only done this mission once, and we got all 3 achievements. Our general strategy was to just bum rush each section, pulling every possible trash mob on the way. Kill our giant train of mobs, then pull and kill the mini in each section. I don't know what abilities the other classes were using, but as the cleric the group heal ability was just wildly powerful, to the point other heals were barely worth using (although the group heal did have a cooldown on it)

09/13/22 02:09:20 AM You have entered Breaching the Sepulcher. (entered the zone)
    09/13/22 02:16:02 AM A disintegrating ser alsa thel has been slain by an ereth of order! (first trash mob killed)
    09/13/22 02:21:17 AM A corrupted ereth of Lunanyn has been slain by Jazmo! (first mini boss killed)
    09/13/22 02:30:09 AM You have completed achievement: Exterminate, Annihilate, Destroy (killed 100 mobs)
    09/13/22 02:48:23 AM A corrupted ereth of Sholoth has been slain by Jazmo! (final mini boss killed)
    09/13/22 02:48:25 AM You have completed achievement: Barrier-Breakers (achievement complete when last mini boss died)

Based on these timestamps:

-the timer cannot start once you zone into the instance (it took us 39 minutes from entering the zone to get the achievement)
    -the timer cannot start based on killing the first trash mob unless it gave us 2+ minutes of leeway (a bit over 32 minutes from the first trash mob death to getting the achievement)

So my guess is the timer starts when you kill the first mini boss, which would allow for significant pre-clearing at each section and then just running around and killing each boss. That's a guess though based on my enormous sample size of doing the mission one time.
  8. Forcallen Augur

Thanks for the info!
  9. Knifen Augur

That is good to know I did notice on our win that yeah the times didn’t quite match up if it started on zone in. We ended up charging first area, killing named and dragged everything left to the next named and so forth concentrating on named and clearing trash only as needed