Why aren't TLP's double loot after The Buried Sea?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Logulai, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Logulai Journeyman

Starting in Secrets of Faydwer, each and every expansion is a massive jump in quality of loot. Why would they not then be double loot drops off raid bosses when each and every item is easily replaced the next expansion? You are only given 2-3 months to gear your characters. And in a raid environment you eventually will want to funnel tanks loot so they can tank the content. But yet everyone else will struggle to ensure their gear keeps up to date.
    Mistha, Dewd, Zakxel and 9 others like this.
  2. Juskov Journeyman

Don't worry, you'll be rolling in loot in SoD, so much that you'll probably want to throw up going to Korofax and Tower and doing normal and HM. And it takes forever to hand out all the loot in UF, I can't imagine even more...
  3. Xhartor Augur

I can understand wanting to throw up when going to Korofax or the Tower, but SoD is lower loot quantity then other expansion around it. After Crystallos and the rest of SoF it felt like a huge drop off in total loot volume.
  4. Ishbu Augur

Double loot for a temporary bonus can be fun. Doing double loot instead of half lockouts during the fall bonus wouldnt be a bad idea. That said, double loot as a regular feature is boring and gives many players a reason to stop logging in at all. Its too easy to get good enough gear for every slot, and makes raiding the same content each week feel more and more like a chore and less and less of a benefit.
  5. Roxas MM Augur

you dont have to be in full BiS gear to beat an expansion, i had a schedule of upgrading either visible or non vis gear and my weapons in an expansion and never felt like i needed more.
    Meridian, Duder and Ishbu like this.
  6. Logulai Journeyman

it becomes like that in expansions where the loot is a minor upgrade each time (70-75 era) but after that the jumps are leagues ahead compared to previous expansions. I'm just curious if any previous guilds or current guilds notice an issue in these later expansions when jumping to the next in gear. And to add on to what you said, it's already that way. Only takes a month or so to get the gear you need in the 65-75 expansions in order to just stop raiding. There's no way you can do that in SoF and above if you want to be competitive.
  7. Logulai Journeyman

The gear upgrades increase dramatically. It's comparable in TBS to SOF alone as if you were upgrading from anguish gear to TSS gear. And each expansion after that is just exponentially increased. So it's not like you are picking up a minor upgrade each expansion.
  8. Juggler New Member

Right now, during this bonus, this is once again fun to play.

A bonus for a week, when lockouts are about 5 days.... when the TBS expansion is 8 weeks long....

Those saying keeping high loot is a bad idea, are you a monk in Solteris with anguish weapons? Anguish weapons even though the guild keeps all current content on lockout as it is up. TSS weapons just don't drop. TBS is decent, but still only 8 weeks until SoF comes out.

If in Solteris a few days off TBS launch, we get 7 Solteris clears, that means something like 15 sets of armor. In many cases, that is near 1/4 of a guild. When people raid for months straight and the drops are this minimal, they quit.

This has been brough up so many times and I don't think anything has been said by the powers above. Can we just get a response from a dev, CS, anyone?
  9. Logulai Journeyman

Finally, a useful response on here.
    I don't see anyone from mischief complaining about mischief's double loot they are receiving without the event even going on. You never complain about to much loot, just complain about not getting enough loot. What is the literal harm in doubling the loot on a normal TLP like Aradune? People that are going to raid are going to raid regardless, not stop raiding because they finally got the item they wanted lmao. Again, the biggest thing with this post is Secrets of Faydwer and BEYOND. But yes, great examples from expansions like TBS are useful as well. I myself went the entire expansion in DODH with finally SEEING my class shoulders on the final week before prophecy of ro. I'm just lucky I was the only berserker that needed them. Even the Zerker neck in frostcrypt took over 2 months to see. Just simple examples from past expansions
  10. Rogean Lorekeeper

I agree that the current loot bonus that is going on feels more like how it should be on a TLP, particularly past TSS. It's only going to get worse starting in SoF, there's no way to gear out a guild and get everyone what they want in 3 months with the normal drop rates on expansions that are designed to last a full year. This drives people to get frustrated and quit the game.
    Barudin_Phinigel and Logulai like this.
  11. Oogmog/Kroz New Member

Came here looking to post this exact thread. Couldn’t agree more with what you summarized. We have had many people felt defeated just because of the lack of specific drops due to horrible RNG. Doubling the chance would somewhat mitigate this and allow a better opportunity to gear up a raid force in current content due to fast expansion releases on TLPs. Really hope devs are listening/watching - think it would go a long way in preserving some of the player base on non-Mischief TLPs.
  12. Treeconix Elder

I complain all the time about too much and/or useless loot on Live all the time. It's ridiculous and I'd rather not see it on TLPs.

Live is so bad with loot and currency you literally don't need to loot any item from chests each expansion and will be fully geared by next expansion as long as you make raids. It completely killed an entire incentive to raiding on live.

It's been less than a week of double loot on Aradune and I already think it's beyond ridiculous. No thanks
  13. Ishbu Augur

So people are quitting because they didnt get exactly what they wanted to drop? The only way to prevent people quitting for that exact reason is to ensure they always get what they want, which would be horribly boring.

I think the reality of that situation you described is people get bored with the game, the game changes from the earlier areas, and people lose interest and quit. Its not any one thing, its more culmination of things and giving them more loot would just result in them citing some other reason to quit playing.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Oogmog/Kroz New Member

I feel bad for people who live in a strict world of black and white. I never said “They didn’t get what they want”. I said “Lack of specific drops.” When you are halfway through TBS and still haven’t seen barely any weapon drop upgrades for some classes when you have multiple of those classes, that is what is frustrating and defeats players. Try again to twist/mince my words - thanks.
  15. Logulai Journeyman

Ahh yes... utilizing the extreme side of an argument... while I'm referencing specific aspects of lack of loot, I have yet to see people actual quit the game because they got all the items they wanted. Again, we aren't referencing earlier expansions with the request of double loot in TLP's. This post YET AGAIN references utilizing double loot in Secrets of Faydwer AND BEYOND. People are using arguments of how they don't see items or a lack of specific types of items through an entire expansion, and your argument is that once people got those specific items they would quit? lmao
    So again, this would be for those people that have stuck it out through all the terrible expansions and just enjoy the game for it being the game. People are going to get bored and quit no matter what you do, why not reward the people that continue playing. But regardless, expansions like Secrets of Faydwer in a smaller guild you won't even see the final content until maybe 2-3 weeks into it based on how many splits you can do for flags. And it goes like that for a while. So, you've already lost 2-3 lockouts AT A MINIMUM of chances to see specific items / get upgrades.
    Also, by your theory of people are quitting because they got all their loot then why is mischief the most populated TLP? And always has been. It has also always been double loot. Even groupable mobs drop raid loot.
  16. Juskov Journeyman

I've known bards to disappear after getting Songblade. It was a running joke in our guild at one point back in those PoP days. You start getting raid currency in VoA and this reduces that RNG frustration. For those not familiar with that, you can use raid currency to buy any item in a raid you've defeated. I didn't even use all of my lower tier raid currency in the end.

Group gear also gets much better later and if your guild is using boxes on raids, they also are getting currency, so things do lighten up a bit. Maybe you could make a case for bumping up loot a bit SoF-UF. HoT is so easy you'll be rolling in loot again and splitting stuff like House. I think named pop more often than the PHs in group content too, it was already silly in HoT. On Mangler in RoF, T4 group gear is on par with T2 raid gear in the previous xpac..so really you don't need to be fully decked out in every single thing from the expansion to be survivable in the next one. A lot of the raids are more about coordination and having people doing specific roles. UF as the exception, you probably just need to suck it up and use tank glyphs even if geared.

I guess there's just a divergence of people who want an easy mode (ok let's call it relaxed mode). I get it old game, I don't have time to camp named, give me my fun please who cares. But there's a fair amount of people who also like the game mostly as it is. I'd like to see some effort more focused on lag, better in-game customization (please get rid of shoulder pads on Heroes forge), and fixing bugs. That said, Yelinak came out this year on Mangler rules, so maybe it is time for the next Mischief in 2023.
    Ishbu likes this.
  17. Logulai Journeyman

How many of said expansions require weeks to get enough flagged people to complete the final raid in the expansion like SoF?
  18. Rogean Lorekeeper

It's not really about "Easy/Relaxed" vs "Hard". There's nothing Hard about RNG and limited loot windows.

Back when these expansions were live, there was prestige about getting these special items and being at the top of the game. But you had 6-12 months to do that.

Now we have 2-3 months before all the gear we're working to get is superseded. Most of us play these servers to relive this content, grab content appropriate gear, have fun, and move to the next expansion and repeat. Often times there are specific goals we set for ourselves per expansion. Items that we'd like to see for one reason or another. To go an entire expansion without even seeing it drop, nevermind the chance to win the item, is frustrating for many.

So far my guild has killed and seen:
    Sothgar 22 Times - 0 Arcekor
    Lethar 1 19 Times - 1 Embershank
    Lethar 2 19 Times - 1 Fleshmelter
    Wulfnor 19 Times - 1 Brumals
    Irissa 7 Times - 0 Venemous Fangs
    Two Gods 11 Times - 0 Scimitar of the Damned

And yes, this has resulted in several people voicing concerns of quitting. There's a few reasons TLPs see a significantly reduced population past TSS, and this is definitely one of them.

I'm really glad and thankful we had the double loot event, but it does honestly feel like this should be the norm. All TLP Servers should get a double loot bonus starting in TSS, or SoF at the latest.
    Siah likes this.
  19. Ishbu Augur

Lack of specific drops is saying they didnt get what they want lol. They want specific drops that didnt show up, therefore by definition they didnt get what they wanted. Playing some oh whoa is me act doesnt change that you said people are quitting because they didnt see the drops they wanted to see.

RNG will always be there if you have double loot, triple loot, quad loot, and so on. You will not see some items, other items you will see more than you want of. If people are quitting over RNG, they were going to quit anyways for some reason or another. The only solution to this is just getting to pick your loot for each drop slot from the encounters table, which is definitely not something the game is going to do.
    Duder likes this.
  20. Ishbu Augur

I continue playing, Im not some player who quit for months on end because they didnt like an expansion, I stuck it out through the slog. I didnt change classes to be a better one that fills the same role, and so on. I would quit if loot was permanently doubled.

So when you are talking about people who have stuck it out through th terrible expansions and just enjoy the game for it being the game, you are talking to people like me. Can you say the same about you?

Mischief is the most populated TLP because its a 1 of server that a larger than normal population for 1 of servers enjoyed. Do you think it would be the most popular server if instead of Vaniki you had another mischief, and next year you have another mischief? Oh wait, we dont need an opinion on this, we have Thornblade to know it wouldnt survive.. You know what does survive despite having many clones? The standard tried and true method.

You want double loot, go roll up on mischief, plenty of time to catch up before they get the SoF era. There, you have exactly what you are asking for. Quit trying to change the servers that many people play on and chose not to play on a double loot one.

You started this thread with a question. The answer to that question is there is a large enough portion of players that dont want double loot all the time. You can accept that answer and move on, but you seem instead to want to argue because you need everyone to agree with this idea you would like. Sorry, I will never agree to it. Some other people will, some other people wont, not nearly enough to make the developers change this.
    Duder likes this.